Official 76ers Offseason Thread: The Clippers want AI

what the hell is going on, are the Sixers even gonna sign Iggy? Im hearing all this talk of them trying to sign all these people and not a word about him.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

what the hell is going on, are the Sixers even gonna sign Iggy? Im hearing all this talk of them trying to sign all these people and not a word about him.

Signing Iggy isn't a worry Lou and him are going to be re-signed.
I FR3SH I wrote:

So what do you guys think is gonna happen with Andre Miller? Hes making $10 mil in the final year of his contract this season. Hes 32 right now and if we extend him it will probably around 3 yrs 30/35 mil. Yall think hes gonna get traded around the deadline and we give Louis Williams a shot a PG or we keep him?

I wouldn't mind trading Miller for Delonte West and maybe Wally if his contracts expires next year, if possible.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Dre & Lou were both tendered offers before june 30th.

they are not Unrestricted free agents.

*edit*
The 76ers extended qualifying offers to restricted free agents Andre Iguodala, a forward, and guard Lou Williams on Wednesday.

Since both players are restricted free agents, the Sixers had to tender both Iguodala and Williams a contract by June 30. They are allowed to sign with any team, but are subject to a right of first refusal with the Sixers. Don't expect Iguodala to change teams this summer.

yall need to get some shooters and player that can hit some jump shots. iggy better be working on his shot also

Nice! I hope Philly does well, i kind of stopped following them once AI left, but this is a great pickup. I'd like to see what Louis Williams can do at thepoint. I remember watching him during the summer league looking like the best player on the court a few years back.

nice move by the sixers swooping in to grab brand outta nowhere.

a great addition. iggy is really more suited to be a 2nd option anyway.

sam, brand, and iggy give the sixers one of the best defensive frontcorts in the L.

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

Originally Posted by Jimmy Page

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

Originally Posted by IYE2

Hawks plan to match any offer for Smith, ChildressHawks plan to match any offer for Smith, Childress

If these fools (Hawks) dont
smh.gif
. Im gonna be heated. I was reading a previous article and it said the Hawks have gotten a lot of 'sign and trade' offers for Chill.
Hawks plan to match any offer for Smith, Childress

laugh.gif
the sixers stay taking L's

no one in there right mind would want to play for the sixers,they should get comfortable having the worst record in the league for the next 20 years

they already dig the hole when they forced Iverson out by not building a good team around him and now they want to go all out this season
indifferent.gif
cause no 1 is showing up to the whack games

Yet again you prove why you know nothing about basketball. Elton Brand is going to be a force for you guys next year if he's healthy. You could use some perimeter shooting though.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

you honestly think the sixers are a top 5 team in the east cause they picked up Brand
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

the sixers still are not beating the top teams in the east

like i said the sixers better get comfortable gettin knocked off in 1st round for the next 20 yrs

They were a top 6 team in the east with Reggie Evans starting as their PF. I think elton brand will surely make them a top 5 team in the east easily.

Boston

Pistons

after those two, any team is up for grabs for the 3rd spot and the sixers are easily in the mix with Cleveland, Orlando and Toronto.

they are going back to those Jerseys??

Anyways, watch out for my boy Thad Young...steal of the '07 draft....

[h1]Clippers could be making an offer to Iguodala[/h1]
By PHIL JASNER
Philadelphia Daily News

[email protected]

The Los Angeles Clippers, who lost unrestricted free agent forward Elton Brand to the 76ers last week, are trying to determine which remaining free agent might best fit their needs.
And, according to a rumor circulating through the NBA, it could be the Sixers' Andre Iguodala.

The rumor suggested that the Clippers, via coach Mike Dunleavy, already have had contact with Iguodala, who was in Las Vegas Saturday to watch the Sixers' summer league team play the Denver Nuggets. The contact, though, supposedly came in the days before that game.

Dunleavy would not comment specifically as to whether there had been contact with Iguodala.

Reached yesterday, Dunleavy said, "He's among the guys we're considering, but we're still deliberating exactly what we want to do. We're interested in all good players, and Iguodala is a very good player."

The Clippers already have met with forward Josh Smith, the Atlanta Hawks' restricted free agent who was courted by the Sixers before the signing of Brand.

Sixers president/general manager Eddie Stefanski has said repeatedly that his intention is to re-sign Iguodala and guard Lou Williams, both restricted free agents. If a team tenders an offer sheet to either player, the Sixers would have 7 days in which to match; Iguodala rejected an in-season extension that would have paid him slightly more than $57 million over 5 years.

"We're not going to hide, but we're not going to publicize it each time we make contact with a player we think could help us," Dunleavy said. "We're trying to figure out the best way to get people to come, who to go with, who would be the best fit."

The Clippers have about $12 million in salary-cap space after losing Brand (5 years, $79.8 million) and Corey Maggette (Golden State,5 years, nearly $50 million). They have added Warriors unrestricted free agent Baron Davis (5 years, $65 million).

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ers_could_be_making_an_offer_to_Iguodala.html

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

[h1]Clippers could be making an offer to Iguodala[/h1]
By PHIL JASNER
Philadelphia Daily News

[email protected]

The Los Angeles Clippers, who lost unrestricted free agent forward Elton Brand to the 76ers last week, are trying to determine which remaining free agent might best fit their needs.
And, according to a rumor circulating through the NBA, it could be the Sixers' Andre Iguodala.

The rumor suggested that the Clippers, via coach Mike Dunleavy, already have had contact with Iguodala, who was in Las Vegas Saturday to watch the Sixers' summer league team play the Denver Nuggets. The contact, though, supposedly came in the days before that game.

Dunleavy would not comment specifically as to whether there had been contact with Iguodala.

Reached yesterday, Dunleavy said, "He's among the guys we're considering, but we're still deliberating exactly what we want to do. We're interested in all good players, and Iguodala is a very good player."

The Clippers already have met with forward Josh Smith, the Atlanta Hawks' restricted free agent who was courted by the Sixers before the signing of Brand.

Sixers president/general manager Eddie Stefanski has said repeatedly that his intention is to re-sign Iguodala and guard Lou Williams, both restricted free agents. If a team tenders an offer sheet to either player, the Sixers would have 7 days in which to match; Iguodala rejected an in-season extension that would have paid him slightly more than $57 million over 5 years.

"We're not going to hide, but we're not going to publicize it each time we make contact with a player we think could help us," Dunleavy said. "We're trying to figure out the best way to get people to come, who to go with, who would be the best fit."

The Clippers have about $12 million in salary-cap space after losing Brand (5 years, $79.8 million) and Corey Maggette (Golden State,5 years, nearly $50 million). They have added Warriors unrestricted free agent Baron Davis (5 years, $65 million).
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ers_could_be_making_an_offer_to_Iguodala.html
man this years offseason is hilarious... its like teams are trying to hurt each other with the moves they make

the only way the clippers even make the sixers hesitate on matching a contract offer is if they front load the deal like the hawks did with joejohnson a few years back.

If the Clippers get Iggy, I swear I'm gonna Jihad Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, The Staples Center, and the team bus. Someone's gonna get it.

I wouldn't mind them offering him a contract so he can stop crying about money. But if they try to over pay him then I'd let him go. I think they onlyhave 12 mil to work with though. I wouldn't mind paying him in the 60-65 mil range.

Originally Posted by vi3tsi06

they ain't gettting iggy

they might not but they will up his price... kind of like shill bidders... and teams know what they are doing cuz they are doing it on purpose....ie thewarriors...

Back
Top Bottom