OFFICIAL ADIDAS ANTHONY EDWARDS SNEAKER - ADIDAS AE1 (LOWS AVAILABLE)

Gave em a first spin last night. This is the first non nike/jordan basketball shoe I've ever played in lmao. Once again, 11.5 with stock insole felt loose. I played with a dr scholls sport insole + double sock and they fit great.

Good lockdown. Good traction (helped that the floor was great). Pretty good cushioning. Laces didn't come untied. My complaint is that the uppers don't flex and bend well. Maybe that will happen with break in, but they feel kinda rigid when running. For a $110 shoe they played pretty well overall. But as others have noted, the uppers scuff easily and I got a couple. I think I'll keep these for casual because I truly love how they look. As evidenced, my favorite color.

1727352703799.jpeg

Last edited:
^yup, insoles are a joke if you’re gonna hoop in these. I played in the pink joints last night for about the 6th time and I feel like they just finally broke in.

Time to do the same with these by walking around the office today and tomorrow. Probably bring them to the gym too for cardio. They definitely need extra break-in time compared to most of my other kicks.

IMG_4795.jpeg

Even worn casually, took couple days for the top part, where the tongue center meets the upper - middle topside of the foot, to relax a bit (at least when I wore them untied)

Super comfortable now tho

Also the black ascent mids hide the scuffs really well. They have scuffs but it blends in that you cant tell at all

Gave em a first spin last night. This is the first non nike/jordan basketball shoe I've ever played in lmao. Once again, 11.5 with stock insole felt loose. I played with a dr scholls sport insole + double sock and they fit great.

Good lockdown. Good traction (helped that the floor was great). Pretty good cushioning. Laces didn't come untied. My complaint is that the uppers don't flex and bend well. Maybe that will happen with break in, but they feel kinda rigid when running. For a $110 shoe they played pretty well overall. But as others have noted, the uppers scuff easily and I got a couple. I think I'll keep these for casual because I truly love how they look. As evidenced, my favorite color.

1727352703799.jpeg

that strange flex in the upper doesn't really change over time. have run and played in them for a few months now.

Yeah like the upper just doesn't conform to the foot. It doesn't dig in painfully because of the soft lining but coming from shoes like lebron 20 and jordan 36 with textile uppers that move fully, the cage and toebox on the AE pale in comparison. Even leather flexes better on old school/retro performance shoes. It's almost like wearing a brace.

Back
Top Bottom