OFFICIAL ADIDAS ANTHONY EDWARDS SNEAKER - ADIDAS AE1 (LOWS COMING SOON)

Was switching the laces easy ? I thought I saw it was a little bit of a hassle

Yea its super easy.
Its kind of hard to explain but for the first 4 holes you have to pull some of the lace through underneath and like reverse lace it. The trick is giving it some slack.

I can see why people would think its a hassle though if you just unlace them like regular sneakers.

Those Velocity Blues are a cop for me... and can't wait for the All Star pair

Had to get a pair of these on release date. One of the best debut sneakers I’ve seen in a long time. Adidas is absolutely on fire with their signature shoes these past two years. Also, for $120 in 2023 these are an absolute bargain. :pimp:

Wow, I forgot to post these lol. Definitely my favorite new sneaker of 2023. Had to buy the “New Wave” colorway as well, which is coming soon. :pimp:

Attachments

• IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4361.jpeg
    IMG_4361.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4367.jpeg
    IMG_4367.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4362.jpeg
    IMG_4362.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_4742.jpeg
    IMG_4742.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 514
Restock of the blue pair on ADC - sizes going fast

Normally I’m a TTS size 12 but I’ve always gone 1/2 size down in all Adidas shoes so I picked up an 11.5… hopefully they fit!

Normally I’m a TTS size 12 but I’ve always gone 1/2 size down in all Adidas shoes so I picked up an 11.5… hopefully they fit!
You'll be fine. Half size down is the move with these.

Missed my sz 12 of course. Probably just get All Stars next week and the Book1

Does anybody know how does this fit relative to the new JA 1 or Lebron 20? Is the sizing similar or different?

Got my New Waves in today

🌊

This shoe is definitely nothing like I’ve ever worn before. Everything feels like a contradiction… shoe is light but kinda heavy, flexible upper but feels very supportive, firm cushion that’s kinda bouncy, etc lol I’m so confused

Got my New Waves in today

🌊

This shoe is definitely nothing like I’ve ever worn before. Everything feels like a contradiction… shoe is light but kinda heavy, flexible upper but feels very supportive, firm cushion that’s kinda bouncy, etc lol I’m so confused
LOL. You're a 13 right? You gonna ball in em? How do you think it'll go? I almost pulled the trigger the other day when ADC had em but I'm not sure about their return policy and didn't want to have to ship them back and opted to wait for a champs/ftl restock.

How would you compare them to lows like the Sabrina 1 or Kobes in terms of how they feel on foot? I've been wondering how the part around the ankle feels. Don't want it being restrictive

LOL. You're a 13 right? You gonna ball in em? How do you think it'll go? I almost pulled the trigger the other day when ADC had em but I'm not sure about their return policy and didn't want to have to ship them back and opted to wait for a champs/ftl restock.

How would you compare them to lows like the Sabrina 1 or Kobes in terms of how they feel on foot? I've been wondering how the part around the ankle feels. Don't want it being restrictive
Size 12 gang, but ordered my pair in 11.5… just got em in today, might try and see if I can get a run in them tomorrow but if not Sunday for sure.

If I had to compare these to the Sabrina’s I’d say these fit my feet better…those kinda ran longer than I liked in my true size and too short when tried on 1/2 down. Comparing the fit to some Kobe’s is tough.. length wise maybe on par, but overall they don’t feel as sleek as a Kobe because of the weight. I don’t own a pair any longer, but maybe similar to the Kobe 10 EM? All of this is based on trying them on for just a few minutes around the house for what it’s worth.

IMG_0524.jpeg

Brought these to the gym with me today just to shoot around and try to break them in, but enough people showed up tonight where I ended up playing some games. Some initial thoughts …

Typical dusty LA Fitness court, but these seemed to hold up just fine… occasional wipe here and there, nothing major. Upper pretty comfortable, started kinda stiff but loosened up enough to where I had to readjust the laces so that they were choking down on my foot. And speaking of laces… that might need my only complaint. The padding on the tongue definitely on the thin side. Kinda uncomfortable, might just have to tinker around with different methods to avoid that happening again. Oh and like some reviewers have mentioned these so scuff pretty easily. Overall pretty fun shoe, I’ll for sure be adding them to the rotation.

Another run in these today, first time I played in them I had some Move insoles in and maybe the added height contributed to the lace pressure… went back to the stock setup and no issues. They are super flimsy though, once I loosened up my shoes I could feel the insoles sliding around.

My rotation is Kobe 5 and 6 but I've hooped in S1s.
  • AE 1 has good court feel and is low to the ground in the forefoot, like the Kobe 5
  • The low to the ground feel is because the cushion in the forefoot is pretty minimal, one of my few complaints about the shoe
  • The AE 1 runs a little long, like the S1s. It is pretty wide foot friendly though whereas S1s were a bit tight in the forefoot due to the flat design and robust upper in the forefoot area (all that stitching doesn't allow much stretching)
  • AE 1 (~19 oz in my size 11) is heavier than S1 (size 11, 14.2oz), Kobe 5 (size 11.5, 13.5oz) and Kobe 6 (size 11.5, 13.4oz) but they don't feel heavy on foot. If you're used to hooping in shoes that are lightweight then it's going to be a pretty stark difference but your foot will get used to it and you won't notice the extra weight
  • Traction is pretty similar to the other three shoes: good on clean courts, average on dusty courts. Notably, traction for the AE 1s don't really require a break in time compared to the others
  • Laces are garbage on the AE 1s, but all round laces on hoop shoes are garbage
  • Interior padding on the AE 1 is slightly lacking, though not a huge downside
  • Overall, these are one of the best shoes at $120 or less

Back
Top Bottom