OFFICIAL ADIDAS ANTHONY EDWARDS SNEAKER - ADIDAS AE1 (LOWS COMING SOON)

They already leaked a Black/Red color way alongside a Black/Pink or Lavender color way as well. Interesting to see him wear the two releasing color ways and not opt for PE's right away. Been in them since the debut of his kicks it seems.

My two cents...I'm an 11.5 in Jordans, got an 11.5 here (usually am TTS with most adidas models) and these fit great. Just an FYI, the ankle is a tight squeeze to get on, but once you got them on its fine (I would think the collar fit would be great for actual hooping/secureness). Shoe looks great for the price and I'm happy I was able to snag on the adidas app.
20231219_153120.jpg
These look dope on feet with casual clothes.

They don't feel heavy on feet, but they feel interesting. They feel a little long and most of the cushion feels in the heel.

They don't feel heavy on feet, but they feel interesting. They feel a little long and most of the cushion feels in the heel.

Agreed. The aesthetics on these are crazy. Hooped in my last night and I’m heavy on my forefoot. My knees are hurting this morning which is wack! I have some move insoles coming soon so hoping this helps a bit.
Does anyone have the harden Vol 7 who’s hooped in the AE 1 yet? Just want to know comparison in terms of cushioning.

JS”

Nightwing said to go down half a size 😲
I went with my harden 7 size, which is my Jordan size. He likes his toes right at the end of the shoe, I like about a fingers width space. TTS I had good length but too much dead space around my forefoot. Going half down was too short and my toes were too close. I ended up going tts and putting a thicker insole (Move Game Day) in to eat the extra space (took out the thin adidas one).’

If you play basketball you need to. There's dead space in the toe box. The foot doctor cat said the same thing. They're basketball kicks that are supposed to be snug. Of course with orthics or braces you're going to need to go up.

A lot of people don't know their size or want their basketball kicks to be loose.

Honestly these don't feel that great on feet. He said that it feels better landing than jumping, and that's probably it. They feel good at times, and bad at others to me. I felt wearing these the next day.

I went with my harden 7 size, which is my Jordan size. He likes his toes right at the end of the shoe, I like about a fingers width space. TTS I had good length but too much dead space around my forefoot. Going half down was too short and my toes were too close. I ended up going tts and putting a thicker insole (Move Game Day) in to eat the extra space (took out the thin adidas one).

Put about another hour into these running full court and yeah that insole is garbage. Only had an issue with my right one though. Insole kept moving around on me, left shoe was perfect. Gonna get another run in them Saturday with either PG 5 or LeBron X insoles.

If you play basketball you need to. There's dead space in the toe box. The foot doctor cat said the same thing. They're basketball kicks that are supposed to be snug. Of course with orthics or braces you're going to need to go up.

A lot of people don't know their size or want their basketball kicks to be loose.

At TTS I have zero issues with these aside from what I mentioned about the insole on one shoe. I’ve measured my foot multiple times on the Brannock device and it’s a flush 12. Tied up these AE’s contain my foot perfectly and I consider myself a shifty guard.

And other reviewers have said TTS 🤷🏻‍♂️ preferences vary as do feet. Best advice is to always go in and try your TTS first then go from there.

Last edited:

Honestly these don't feel that great on feet. He said that it feels better landing than jumping, and that's probably it. They feel good at times, and bad at others to me. I felt wearing these the next day.

As I mentioned in another thread, this is bogus and not even a thing. "Supposed to be" is subjective. Tight shoes can cause too many issues. I rather have something slightly loose and tie them as desired than tight and have deformed feet like lebron.

KD rocks 1 full size up and he still plays at a high level. Demar doesn't even tie his shoes. Jason Terry wore multiple sizes bigger and compensated with more socks, etc.

As I mentioned in another thread, this is bogus and not even a thing. "Supposed to be" is subjective. Tight shoes can cause too many issues. I rather have something slightly loose and tie them as desired than tight and have deformed feet like lebron.

KD rocks 1 full size up and he still plays at a high level. Demar doesn't even tie his shoes. Jason Terry wore multiple sizes bigger and compensated with more socks, etc.

and you were wrong then and are wrong now.

Why is every basketball sneaker snug?

KD's feet look like rulers.

and players have braces, orthics and wear multiple socks.

and you were wrong then and are wrong now.

Why is every basketball sneaker snug?

KD's feet look like rulers.

and players have braces, orthics and wear multiple socks.

:rofl:
Ya tell that to my foot doctor.. he's wrong, right? I have permanent damage to my feet due to tight basketball shoes for over 20 years. I can't wear my size from years ago because it causes circulation issues.. So I should wear snug shoes because you say so? Or wear what's comfortable to me as per me?

I'm not telling anyone to wear a full size up like KD, I think that's silly and too much. But when shoes cause circulation problem because "they gotta be snug" then it's a damn problem.

Back
Top Bottom