OFFICIAL Adidas Crazy 1; Adidas Kobe 1 Retro

Ok buddy. You enjoy your vans for ball. Not gonna argue with someone who already has his mind set. Btw no one said we buy Kobe's/nike/Jordan's for the tech. We buy them because they are basketball shoes.

The same reason skaters choose skateboard shoes instead of bball shoes to skate in....
They are made to take the abuse on the uppers from scraping the shoe on the grip tape.

Last edited:
^ i disagree, some sneakers can hinder your performance especially if youre a guard that relies on quickness and youre wearing kicks that doesn't grip well.

Shoes don't make a player, but when you have a shoe that does what you expect it to do (no matter if its jordan, nike, adidas.. Etc.) that's the shoe you go to. With there being so many variations in foot sizes and shapes, there are shoes that feel better to some than others. I lean towards the kobe line only because I have a narrower foot and I like how lightweight they feel. I don't have much use for a lebron shoe on court because they have so much dead space for my feet and they're just too bulky. All of these variables (fit, performance, and feel) come into play when you're choosing a shoe to wear on court. I think we can all agree that playing in a shoe you're not comfortable in (for example, when your toes keep crashing into the toe box of the shoe) you're not going to play at your best because you constantly have to worry about that. I don't think purchasing a certain pair of shoes will turn you into kobe himself overnight, but finding a shoe that's comfortable for you allows you to play at your best.

I don't wear any shoes for others to care or show off for them 
laugh.gif
. I wear what I like and appreciate looks wise. Look at it this way: your so-called superior "tech" boosts your confidence on the court, whereas my favorite jays give me that same little bit of an ego boost. Not because I'm trying to get others to care about what I'm wearing, but because that's just what I've grown comfortable playing in. Also, the retro players being bad is true in some cases but what's even more hilarious to me is these cats that come out in the latest expensive 200 dollar LeBron or Jordan 28. They are always so weak lol I always think damn what a waste of money. Some people are literally blinded by the "technology" ******** nike feeds you year after year. In the end it's just shoes we are dealing with here. NO shoe will ever make or break a player's performance. Shoes can't make you better, and no shoe (in the same ballpark) will truly make you worse. Because if you try playing in some vans or something then yeah that's a time where the shoes could affect your performance but as far as someone in kobe's vs someone in let's say the crazy 1 since we are in the thread... performance IS the same. If you believe otherwise then you truly are one of nike's sheep or maybe one of those players I mentioned earlier
laugh.gif
lol sure sure. If those 12 or 14 weren't Jordan and were made by Payless brand would you still rock them? lol Somewhere in your selection process you chose the Jordan retros partly because of influences. It's just human psychology.

Yes some shoes can make or break a player's performance too. You either just haven't wear other brands to know that there is differences or just not play hard enough lol.

Let me give you some examples. The Zig tech by Reebok have some of the worst traction pattern for basketball. Try to play in some zigtech you will be slipping and sliding all over the court. Shoes like Reebok zigtech just simply can't compete with Kobe or Lebron in term of performance and comfort. Another example would be a small guard who used to wear light weight shoes like hyperdunk, kobe, etc will feel the difference when he wear let say a pair of air force one, air max hyperposite, or lebron iv. The noticeable difference in weight and bulkness will effect his maneuver and footwork on the court. The difference probabl will throw his game off and won't allow him to play to his full potential. That's why there so many options for everyone because nobody play the exact style, have the same feet, quickness or athleticism etc. Air force one were originally basketball shoes. Why don't you wear that and tell me how good they perform for you on the court? lol. Why don't you just wear some free run and play basketball in them too since you say shoes won't make or break a player lol.
Shoes don't make a player, but when you have a shoe that does what you expect it to do (no matter if its jordan, nike, adidas.. Etc.) that's the shoe you go to. With there being so many variations in foot sizes and shapes, there are shoes that feel better to some than others. I lean towards the kobe line only because I have a narrower foot and I like how lightweight they feel. I don't have much use for a lebron shoe on court because they have so much dead space for my feet and they're just too bulky. All of these variables (fit, performance, and feel) come into play when you're choosing a shoe to wear on court. I think we can all agree that playing in a shoe you're not comfortable in (for example, when your toes keep crashing into the toe box of the shoe) you're not going to play at your best because you constantly have to worry about that. I don't think purchasing a certain pair of shoes will turn you into kobe himself overnight, but finding a shoe that's comfortable for you allows you to play at your best.
Yeap. true true.

Last edited:
wanna pick up those playoffs... how are they running? any narrowness? 

For the most part TTS. They are snug for sure. I wear an 11 and went .5 up because I don't use them for basketball so I wear them loose. I'm also wide footed so I can get away with half sizing up.

Imo u should be good tts

Off Topic but...

Toss some Air Total Max Foamposites on a speedy guard and tell me the "tech" won't slow you down.

I would love to measure, but I feel like I lose 1" of vert every time I shoot around in those anvils.

Because i didn't half up... the sunshines sit pretty in the closet.

They're more snug than my open-toed uggs (which were modified on the tip in case i decided not to get a pedicure).

Came up on Oneness today on the Crazy 1 playoffs and Crazy 8 playoffs. Good deals on that site!

Off Topic but...

Toss some Air Total Max Foamposites on a speedy guard and tell me the "tech" won't slow you down.

I would love to measure, but I feel like I lose 1" of vert every time I shoot around in those anvils.
Ounces do not make that much of a difference. Again, it's in the mind for the most part imho.

Wow.... Damn this thread for not being more active was looking for the sunshine in a 12 at 80 shipped

Oneness cancelled my order and didnt even tell me. I sent them a question about the order then next day I get an email from Paypal with a refund. No explanation or anything. Great customer service :smh:

My OG pair finally arrived today. They still have that smell too
smokin.gif

Congrats on the pickup!  I'm always hunting for OG pairs for a decent price.  Couldn't get them back when they originally came out.  I remember when I first got my DS pair off eBay and a few years ago and was so perplexed by that smell haha.

^Great pickup on the OG Silvers
Wow.... Damn this thread for not being more active was looking for the sunshine in a 12 at 80 shipped
If you live near an Adidas Performance store, I'd try stopping by or calling in to see if they have any pairs left of the Sunshines. When I went to pick up a pair of the Whites for 50% off, I saw that Sunshines were also marked down. Not sure if they still have that sale going on though, but it's worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom