Official Adidas Dame Thread - Dame 4 in stores now.

Should This become the Official Adidas Dame Thread?

• Yes

Votes: 89 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
I had trouble with the payment not going through again when I ordered after midnight. 15% code, GCs and a small balance paid with PP might have caused it? The gift cards zero'd out and order ddin't go through :smh: Sizes starting to sell out tonight so I had to order with PP instead of waiting for them to get back to me about the GCs. A little surprised these are selling better than the Rip City but being limited to 1975 it's expected lol

Last edited:
Not really surprised BHM selling better, but I am a little surprised the Rips didn't sell better on their own.  I think if they did them like the Rip City 2's, which I still wouldn't mind getting a pair of, then they probably would have moved. 

I'm still partial to the Black/Red aways.  No rush at all to get a pair until the reviews start pouring in.

If Adidas' sizing were more consistent and they actually put some pairs in-store, I think it would sell better because that price is still pretty good at $115.

Sadly people will hesitate to buy until they get to try them on but there is no place to try them on at.

Probably doesn't help that the design has to grow on people and the Blazers/Lillard isn't blazin' the league right now... see what I did there... :lol:

If Adidas' sizing were more consistent and they actually put some pairs in-store, I think it would sell better because that price is still pretty good at $115.

Sadly people will hesitate to buy until they get to try them on but there is no place to try them on at.

Probably doesn't help that the design has to grow on people and the Blazers/Lillard isn't blazin' the league right now... see what I did there...
laugh.gif
Preach! LOL. My Adidas shoes range from size 7 to 8.5... wtf?!

Yeah Blazers are down this year.  That can't help.

I think it's more that we are so saturated with Boost shoes.  You can easily find high performance, full-length Boost bball shoes for under $100 right now.  I'm a Lillard fan more than a Rose or Harden guy, but I'll take full-length Boost over Bounce for performance.

Pretty much sums up why I don't even look twice at the Kyrie line or the PG1, and so on.  I like the players and their shoes sure, but I'm too picky and spoiled now to accept partial zoom when KD9's were at $75 just this past week.

Did anyone get their dames from adidas? Someone in the harden forum said their hardens weren't numbered. Wonder if the dames were the same way

Got my pair in today and they are not numbered or anything. Still though the BHM cw is fire!

Also definitely go half size down. I'm a 14 and I went with a 13.5 and it's still longer than my Nike size 14s and my Hardens which are also 13.5.

Anybody here got skinny ankles? Since there's no tongue on the shoe I'm curious as to how the opening fits on this shoe. Don't want my feet to be sliding around because the opening is too big for my skinny ankles 
eyes.gif

I still haven't gotten a chance to try on a pair since none of the stores around me carry my size yet. 

I didn't like the fit at all with the out of the box lacing setup. I had to lace them really tight to make sure my heels didn't slip, and at that point, they felt way too tight in the midfoot section.

I changed the lacing setup to go all the way back, and it changed how the shoe fit entirely. I was able to not over-tighten the middle eyelets, and then go as tight as possible on the last eyelet to lock me in fully. No heel slippage, and midfoot much more comfortable.

If you're not feeling them out of the box, I highly recommend trying to change the lacing setup first before you give up on this model at least.

FYI, I went with my same adidas hooping size, which is half size down from my Nike hooping size (TTS).

I didn't like the fit at all with the out of the box lacing setup. I had to lace them really tight to make sure my heels didn't slip, and at that point, they felt way too tight in the midfoot section.

I changed the lacing setup to go all the way back, and it changed how the shoe fit entirely. I was able to not over-tighten the middle eyelets, and then go as tight as possible on the last eyelet to lock me in fully. No heel slippage, and midfoot much more comfortable.

If you're not feeling them out of the box, I highly recommend trying to change the lacing setup first before you give up on this model at least.

FYI, I went with my same adidas hooping size, which is half size down from my Nike hooping size (TTS).

Did the same - lace all the way behind my ankle but only use the top holes in the midfoot. Magic fit.

Last edited:
That's a wild thought. Experiment with the lacing set up to get a customized fit. Not against it, but wow - should've been touted moreso as a feature with this release.

That's a wild thought. Experiment with the lacing set up to get a customized fit. Not against it, but wow - should've been touted moreso as a feature with this release.
To be fair to Adidas, they do mention it as a feature on their website. KickGenius also touted is as one of the best feature of the shoe if I'm not mistaken.
I like what I hear. Why not do that from the get go?

Last edited:
Just played in mine for a couple of hours and I've got to say that I'm not impressed. Out of the box, the fit is not good. That was to be expected though, so I switched up the lacing until it was better. However, it still didn't work.

Overall
Fit= D
Comfort= B
Materials= B-
Lockdown= C-
Traction= B

Pretty disappointed so these are headed back to Adidas.

Just played in mine for a couple of hours and I've got to say that I'm not impressed. Out of the box, the fit is not good. That was to be expected though, so I switched up the lacing until it was better. However, it still didn't work.

Overall
Fit= D
Comfort= B
Materials= B-
Lockdown= C-
Traction= B

Pretty disappointed so these are headed back to Adidas.
Damn, not what I wanted to hear. I was looking forward to copping a pair. 

Damn, not what I wanted to hear. I was looking forward to copping a pair. 

I'd still give them a shot if I were you. They may fit you better. Adidas has a good return policy, so no reason not to see how they work for you.

Back
Top Bottom