Official AFC Championship Post: SD @ NE..vol NE Will Reign on your parade

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Originally Posted by The Notorious Gigi Smalls

laugh.gif
@ Chargers fans. The Colts would beat your team 8/10 if they played 10 games.
the chargers have beaten the colts three games in a row and the game before that three game streak against the colts, they lost in overtime by a field goal at the RCA dome. also, two of those wins were in the RCA dome [one by a team led by drew brees, the other in the playoffs led by philip rivers].

laugh.gif
I believe we beat them the game before they beat us by a field goal. Pat's are beatable, yall are fallin into the media hype. Jags were only 2scores from beating the pats when the pats were the most focused I've ever seen a team.

IMHO chargers have a better chance than the colts did against NE. Better Defense, Better Special Teams and more offensive weapons.

I believe we beat them the game before they beat us by a field goal. Pat's are beatable, yall are fallin into the media hype. Jags were only 2 scores from beating the pats when the pats were the most focused I've ever seen a team.
^ a two score win against a team that most people said were built and poised to beat us....not too shabby imo

wasn't sayin it was shabby I was saying it's possible. Everybody in this thread acting like the Pats are UNbeatable. Yea they haven't been beat,but they played MIA like 5 times this season along with other equal teams.

No ones sayin your team is shabby. I said before the season started that the pats could be the best team ever.

I wouldn't even be in this thread yet if people weren't jockin so hard. Acting like we were lucky against the colts?
laugh.gif
lucky? how? because the refswere completely on the other side of the field in that game? That game should have been put away at half time. Is it because our draft picks are lucky guesses?So lucky our 2nd string can do the job against one of the best teams in the league?

Are yall mad cuz we finally got polished like I said we would be in the playoffs? Mad because our GM has enough insight to fire one of the leagues greatestcoach and let go one of the leagues best QB's and we still make it to the AFC championship with a new head coach and a 2 year QB?

Bask in it. The pats have themselves a GAME sunday, and it seems like they are the only ones who realize that, including the media and S&T.

Yeah I wouldnt go as far as to say the Chargers got lucky in that game. Especially with a lot of the calls that went the other way in that game

link: http://chargers.com/news/headlines/humphries-to-serve.htm

[h1]Humphries to serve as honorary captain[/h1]

http://
Wednesday, Jan 16, 2008
By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com

For the past several years, Stan Humphries has faithfully sat in his easy chair at his Monroe, Louisiana home each Sunday and enthusiastically cheered for his former team as he watched them on television.

When the Chargers take aim at their first Super Bowl appearance since he quarterbacked them to the big game following the 1994 season, Humphries will have a much better view of the game. Humphries will serve as the Chargers' honorary captain for Sunday's AFC Championship Game in Foxboro, Massachusetts.

"You sit back on Sunday and watch all of the games and being a past player there, you root for them," Humphries said. "When Dean (Spanos) called me and asked me to do this, I was real honored and wanted very much to be a part of it. For me to be involved is just a great honor for me. I'm thrilled."

Humphries played for the Chargers from 1992-97 and posted a 47-29 record as the Bolts' starting quarterback. His best work came in the 1994 playoffs when he threw for 276 yards and a touchdown to beat the Miami Dolphins in the Divisional Playoffs and a week later tossed two 46-yard scoring strikes as the Chargers upset the heavily-favored Pittsburgh Steelers to advance to Super Bowl XXIX.

"There are a lot of great memories that I'll always have," Humphries said. "I think about teammates and games and special times. The one that stands out is probably coming back from Pittsburgh that night at two or three in the morning and seeing all the people on the side of the road, the people in the stadium parking lot and the stadium with 60,000 people there. It was special."

Humphries, who now serves as a volunteer coach for his daughter's high school basketball team, sees some similarities between the 1994 AFC Championship and this week's title game.

"We were very much underdogs," Humphries said. "Pittsburgh was doing their Super Bowl videos already getting ready for that. You kind of go into the game and just let it all go and know you've got nothing to lose."

While the Chargers enter Sunday's game as underdogs to the 17-0 Patriots, Humphries doesn't rule out the possibility of an upset.

"I think in the NFL, even though they're 17-0, on any given Sunday anybody can beat anybody," Humphries said. "That includes teams that are 0-15 or whatever playing an 15-0 team. They've all got great players. They've all got great athletes. They're all getting paid to play. It's a matter of who prepares and who goes out there and does what they're supposed to do. And you have to get a few breaks."

In order to pull off a victory, Humphries believes the Chargers have to try to duplicate the defensive effort they showed last week at Indianapolis and possibly take a few chances on offense.

"I think the defense is playing well right now," Humphries said. "They're going to have to play well against them to slow them down. I think offensively they're making plays in the passing game. They're going to have to get the running game going pretty good against New England to control the ball.

"They're probably going to have to go for it on fourth down a bunch of times trying to keep the ball away from their offense and try to make some big plays like that. I just think they're a good overall solid football team."

In his role as captain, Humphries will join Philip Rivers, LaDainian Tomlinson, Shawne Merriman, Jamal Williams and Kassim Osgood at midfield for the coin toss. As he speaks will players before the game, he'll challenge them to relish the moment.

"I hope those guys realize that it doesn't come around every year," Humphries said. "It's something that you work hard to get to and sometimes you fall short and sometimes you make it. I'm pulling for them to make the most of it on Sunday."

^
eek.gif
I think SD will be focused. They know the deal.

Nice little article from the Cro Appreciation Post. I'm sure you guys read it, I just wanted to quote it
pimp.gif

dreClark wrote:
c.gif

[table][tr][td]
msnbc_ban.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MSNBC.com[/font][/td] [/tr][/table]

SN: Cromartie has chance to shut down Moss

Chargers' outstanding DB could be their best weapon against Patriots

OPINION

By Matt Crossman

The Sporting News

updated 10:47 p.m. ET, Tues., Jan. 15, 2008

Antonio Cromartie did not start until Week 10, but the Chargers cornerback apparently is trying to cram a season's full of big plays into his relatively limited playing time. In Sunday's divisional playoff game against Indianapolis, he forced a fumble to stop a drive in his own territory and later picked off a pass at his own 11.

Including the regular season and playoffs, that brings his interception total to 11, in just 10 starts, including a whopping four off of Peyton Manning. Cromartie so long and fast he gets to balls he has no business getting to. He's built like a small forward but runs like a scat back. He has great cover skills, a sharp football mind and impressive work ethic. "What you see on Sunday is a direct representation of how hard he works," Chargers linebacker Matt Wilhelm says.

Cromartie's interception and subsequent return Sunday highlighted all of his skills (Check out the 3:20 mark on that video, if you don't believe me). He was playing zone coverage with Colts receiver Reggie Wayne in front of him. Manning's pass deflected off of Wayne's hands, and Cromartie instinctively threw up his right hand. The ball hit and stayed. His return jaunt took him up the sideline, where a logjam of defenders slowed but did not stop him. He broke to his left across the field, found two blockers to lead him and cruised to the end zone. It was called back on one of numerous bad calls but was nonetheless a breathtaking display of athleticism

He'll need every bit of that athleticism Sunday in the Chargers AFC championship game against New England. He'll likely spend a lot of the game matched up against Randy Moss. The Chargers likely will put at least one other defender on Moss, as containing him will be the focal point of their defensive attack. "You've got to stop the main weapon," Chargers cornerback Drayton Florence says.

That's what the Jaguars thought, too, and they limited Moss to just one catch Saturday. Not like it mattered. They still lost. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, seeing Moss double-covered (at least), simply checked down all night long, setting an NFL postseason completion percentage record along the way. (Want to know what happens when teams move coverage underneath and leave Moss single-covered? Check out the 3:20 mark of this video. It's that bomb he caught against New York to turn the game and set the single-season touchdown mark for receivers. That's what happens.)

The Chargers' linebackers and defensive backs, though, have perhaps a slight advantage over Jacksonville's. Whether that will be enough to make a difference in containing the Patriots' passing game could hinge on Cromartie's play.

I'll take a brief break here to point out none of the passing game versus coverage analysis will matter one iota if Philip Rivers, LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates are hurt. The Chargers could maybe make up for the loss of one of them without a huge dropoff. But if two or more are gone or playing at less than 100 percent, forget it. This game will be a blowout. If the three of them are healthy, however, the game will be closer than most experts are predicting. While the Chargers' blowout loss to the Patriots early in the season contributed to their slow start, they are not the same team they were then.

They are playing with much more confidence. They have bought wholeheartedly into coach Norv Turner's schemes (at the behest of Tomlinson). The trade for wide receiver Chris Chambers has been a huge boost for the offense. And Cromartie's Pro Bowl season from nowhere has given the defense a dangerous playmaking element.

The Chargers are 7-0 this season in games in which Cromartie has an interception. He scored touchdowns in the regular season on an interception return, a fumble recovery (both against the Texans) and a missed field goal return, which set an NFL record at 109 yards.

Moss (6-4, 210) doesn't have nearly the size advantage over Cromartie (6-2, 203) as he does against many corners. And I'm not sure I buy that 6-2, anyway. Cromartie looks taller, both on the field and in person. Nor will Moss be able to blaze right past him. "He's as fast as anybody I've ever been around," coach Norv Turner says.

And he sure makes up for lost time quickly.

[emoji]169[/emoji] 2008 The Sporting News

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22671675/

MSN Privacy . Legal
[emoji]169[/emoji] 2008 MSNBC.com

Mojod -

Its hilarious to still see that Gracie/Hughes thing in your sig. lol. I remember when you made that bet... For the record, I thought Gracie was going to wintoo...

I dont even like the chargers, especially not phillip rivers. But I root for anybody playing the pats. And i like Anotonio Cromartie. So lets gochargers
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

Everybody in this thread acting like the Pats are UNbeatable.
I wouldn't even be in this thread yet if people weren't jockin so hard.

i singled those 2 things out and let me tell you what's wrong with that:

#1. the kid who just commented by saying "lol @ charger fans"...he's not a patriots fan...sound like he's salty for some reason, wanting totake shots at fans of a particular team for no reason...so it's not really "everybody in this thread"...most people are predicting results orjust saying what they think is going to happen...only a few heads have done the unbeatable/dominance talk...

#2. i think you getting it confused fam...like i said, besides like one or two people...no one is really RIDING on the pats like that...people just sayingwhat they think is going to happen/who they rooting for and keeping it moving...only the fans of the particular teams like me or you or ace or KB8 or w/e areactually conversing in here and whatnot so don't let the garbage coming from a few dudes confuse you...

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by are owe double s

yes, we were, and they were really lucky to come away with the one last week vs. indy.... and indy was lucky to come away with the AFC championship last year against us (and they went on to win the superbowl).....so what does this mean? it means we will win the superbowl this season and the chargers...well, maybe next year?
what about we take it this year, then you guys take it next year...come on, you guys already got 3.
ohwell.gif

yeah but we're trying to go 19-0...so let us have it this year, then you can go next year, deal?
No deal. We take this year, next year, and you guys have have another one after that. Then we can swap every year after.
glasses.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ Chargers fans. The Colts would beat your team 8/10 if they played 10 games. Rivers and LT will be non-factors and your defense is pretty banged up. New England is also at home. You think the Chargers are going to beat NE, after weeks of people calling for upsets time and time again but them never happening? New England also destroyed your team in week 2. Celebrate now, trash talk now. Every week NE has been disrespected they have turned the other team into cannon fodder. If I was Norv, I'd straight up smack the%#%# out of Igor. It's going to be hilarious to see Rivers yelling at the fans while getting crapped on by NE's defense.
- yes i think its possible.
- Yes Capt Obvious we can see that they are undefeated.
- and the Chargers were a sorry team during the 1st half of the season. With a new coaching staff and a new style of play. Well even if we lose, its not sucha big loss since Seau will be going to the Superbowl and might win his first ring. I don't like the Pats, but Seau deserves to win one.

Originally Posted by DaT SiCk KiD

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

Everybody in this thread acting like the Pats are UNbeatable.
I wouldn't even be in this thread yet if people weren't jockin so hard.

i singled those 2 things out and let me tell you what's wrong with that:

#1. the kid who just commented by saying "lol @ charger fans"...he's not a patriots fan...sound like he's salty for some reason, wanting to take shots at fans of a particular team for no reason...so it's not really "everybody in this thread"...most people are predicting results or just saying what they think is going to happen...only a few heads have done the unbeatable/dominance talk...

#2. i think you getting it confused fam...like i said, besides like one or two people...no one is really RIDING on the pats like that...people just saying what they think is going to happen/who they rooting for and keeping it moving...only the fans of the particular teams like me or you or ace or KB8 or w/e are actually conversing in here and whatnot so don't let the garbage coming from a few dudes confuse you...

Good points. But it's also the media I'm mad at(yes I'm mad). Their riding the pats wave hard. NFLN host laugh when they get asked whosegonna win. "Patriots and it's not even gonna be close..."
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Ehh, I know wsup. More importantly it'll be a good game. And I'm sure both teams will come ready. I'm excited to see if my team will defeat thechallenge.

Well even if we lose, its not such a big loss since Seau will be going to the Superbowl and might win his first ring. I don't like the Pats, but Seau deserves to win one.
pimp.gif

Rodney got two.

Then my boys from 95 (even though Rodney was a rookie) will get redemption. I'd say David Binn also, but Seau is my boy!

Interesting how Seau and Rodney meet with the Chargers in a history making game. Chargers cut Rodney loose because they couldn't fit him under the salarycap and the Chargers trade Seau because they felt he was getting old and was in the downside of his career. Gotta give Belichick props for still believing inhim.

I can't lose on Sunday.
pimp.gif

Harrison has been nothing but money for us...love that dude. Seau might be a little old, but he comes up with some big plays, and he's a leader out there.

^
Exactly.

Foolish of the Chargers to let Rodney go.
smh.gif

Chargers fans should remember that lick he put on Jerry Rice back in 02.
pimp.gif

I remember when Rodney finally got his chip, I was extrememly happy for him.

Veteran leadership. That's what Seau was brought in for.

thanks for the articles.....and we will need to support our team like never before this sunday and if we lose dont be bandwagoners, sport your jerseys..... iwill feel bad for Seau if he doesnt win a superbowl, but forget him i rather have my team win the SB though im sure that he misses his old team

i will feel bad for Seau if he doesnt win a superbowl, but forget him i rather have my team win the SB though im sure that he misses his old team
Why would he miss being on the Chargers when he's on a 17-0 team and has the opportunity to be a part of history? I call it redemption for the94-95 Super Bowl season.

The only guys left on the Chargers who he's played with is LT, David Binn, Quentin Jammer, and Jamal Williams.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Well even if we lose, its not such a big loss since Seau will be going to the Superbowl and might win his first ring. I don't like the Pats, but Seau deserves to win one.
pimp.gif

Rodney got two.

Then my boys from 95 (even though Rodney was a rookie) will get redemption. I'd say David Binn also, but Seau is my boy!

Interesting how Seau and Rodney meet with the Chargers in a history making game. Chargers cut Rodney loose because they couldn't fit him under the salary cap and the Chargers trade Seau because they felt he was getting old and was in the downside of his career. Gotta give Belichick props for still believing in him.

I can't lose on Sunday.
pimp.gif

David Binn, now he is one of the most underrated/forgotten Chargers players. I have his autograph the most right after Seau's. Cool dude and reallydown to earth. Seeing Binn get the bling would be awesome. And for the record, I still hate the Chargers organization for letting Rodney and Seau go (mostlySeau).

Do OG Charger fans remember when Seau and John Carney would have bets whenever USC and Notre Dame would play each other?

Classic. I miss those days, although they were painful.

Back
Top Bottom