Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

how's the comfort?
not a squish/flexible like a croc. more solid rubber, more stable. still easily slip on/off, but the foot is actually set it and somewhat locked in. cork insoles are removable, have a pretty solid coating underneath.

Guess the hi tops didn't project the initial hype the lows did previously. (for now)

Anything can change with IG nowadays.

Does ALD not use full grain leather on the 550s anymore?

The natural green and earlier pairs of the 550s stated "full grain leather" whereas the latest ones just say "leather" in the description.

not a squish/flexible like a croc. more solid rubber, more stable. still easily slip on/off, but the foot is actually set it and somewhat locked in. cork insoles are removable, have a pretty solid coating underneath.

Hows it feel compared to Birkenstock Bostons if you have those? And hows the fit? I never liked Crocs but I love my Birks, wear them all the time.

Hows it feel compared to Birkenstock Bostons if you have those? And hows the fit? I never liked Crocs but I love my Birks, wear them all the time.
Yes same boat. Wear bostons all the time. Don’t wear crocs. They’re comfortable but more of a stiff cork sole. The cork will break in more I’m guessing, similar to birks. The rubber is pretty solid, doesn’t even really bend much when creasing. These feel a tiny bit more snug than my same bostons size (0.5-1 down).

I would say bostons are more comfy/cozy, these are way more utility which I like. Rainy / snowy / slush / ****ty mornings I’d grab these all day. More of a heel/platform too, they prob give you 1” of height. Can walk through wet grass, driveway, whatever. Whereas bostons you kinda stuck.

Lazy comfort slip on and off /almost a slipper, bostons. I see room for both. Kind of what I’ve been rotating at home the past week.

F87FE384-6540-408D-9EC4-7684C769C468.jpeg

TTS snug/lock-in. id say size up if u want flip flop action

why would you go up if you want them snug? 11

I think he’s saying he wants TTS 12 because NB typically run big for him and he wears an 11.5 in them. So he’s verifying that they’re a real TTS so he gets that tighter fit. Hopefully made sense 🤣

why would you go up if you want them snug? 11
I feel like going down they wouldn't fit. Example in Birkenstocks I size up to 12 and those fit perfect for me. 11 would be way too tight. And considering NBs fit larger than most shoes I think the 12 would be good. Tough considering ALD no free shipping so would be eating that money if I had to return. Rather get the size right.

Reactions: uno
I feel like going down they wouldn't fit. Example in Birkenstocks I size up to 12 and those fit perfect for me. 11 would be way too tight. And considering NBs fit larger than most shoes I think the 12 would be good. Tough considering ALD no free shipping so would be eating that money if I had to return. Rather get the size right.
Yeah I dunno. I wear 12 in birks but 13 in nb. Got a 12 in these mules and they’re a little snug but it works. I didn’t want them loose

Yeah I dunno. I wear 12 in birks but 13 in nb. Got a 12 in these mules and they’re a little snug but it works. I didn’t want them loose

I took the insole out and it fits looser (obv). With the insole in felt like my heel kept stepping on the back rubber, which doesnt hurt or anything by any means but it just bothers me just feeling it every step I take. :lol: If youre unsure of sizing its advertised as removable insole and then it fits a half size larger (the 10 fits a 10/10.5). Wore em both ways and without the insole is just as comfy with it.

Yellow though >

1C53A6C1-6C7E-4449-B55A-1A784CFDE323_1_201_a.jpeg

70B2FD08-E58C-4739-8F6A-B05D7043047A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom