Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

I have Zero issue with pre ordering, no matter how long the wait. Things aren’t the way they used to be 10 years ago.. hell, even 5. Sick of competing against bots/ resellers ect so if this is the move New balance and others are going to take for hype releases then I’m all for it.

Going for one and it’ll be the greens. Was thinking the navy as well but I can do without.

already got enough of white/grey shoes

Everyone cries "why can't they do preorders?!" when they can't hit on a limited release, ALD does preorders and now everyone cries that they have to wait for them. There is really no pleasing people.
took a look at the ig comments for today's post and people are acting like a gun is being pointed to their heads forcing them to order and wait for these lol

took a look at the ig comments for today's post and people are acting like a gun is being pointed to their heads forcing them to order and wait for these lol

You either want it and are willing to pay and wait for it, hope that you can grab a pair when they release (assuming there is any leftover stock) or you move on. It's actually pretty simple.

For people calling it "loans" do you know how many people would order stuff tomorrow if they didn't have to pay up front with no intention of buying them when they release? ALD is really doing the community a service by making sure everyone can get a pair at retail with only having to be patient. Why should they be left holding the bag trying to track down people 6-8 months from now to pay for them when most will be looking at StockX before making that decision.

I feel like I'm in high school failing at reading comprehension again, but how to people read the " - EACH RESERVATION MAY INCLUDE UP TO ONE OF EACH CAPSULE PRODUCT " requirement?

Does that mean only one colorway of the sneaker per account or you have to do 3 seperate orders (1 per colorway)?

Some of you guys are too sensitive for your own good.

I agree, this process makes more sense than dealing with bots/raffles/etc.

My comment was strictly related to the business side of things.

It is an interest-free loan.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Every participated in a Kickstarter project?

What are you doing? Funding the project.

How? By loaning them money.

Are you charging them interest? No.

What is that referred to? An interest-free loan.

If ALD does 20,000 pre-orders tomorrow, they're receiving a cash injection of over $2M into their business.

Try walking into a bank and asking for $2M.

It's smart business.

correct me if I am wrong but this isn't a preorder - its a chance to buy a preorder? as in this is limited no? its not like the original wave runner drop that was legit a pre order that was open for hours.

If ALD does 20,000 pre-orders tomorrow, they're receiving a cash injection of over $2M into their business.

Try walking into a bank and asking for $2M.

It's smart business.

You’re forgetting who the lender/investor is… New Balance :lol:

Proposing a 2M loan from a bank (I worked for a major investor/bank back in the day) isn’t that hard if you’re annual income exceeds a certain number, etc.

My point is, Teddy Santis and Co aren’t using your money to make the shoes lol

(And if they are… then RIP to that brand because that sounds like they’re in deep poop)

I don't know why anyone cares to progress this conversation about ALD taking the money upfront to fund the manufacturing or not. The reality is the clothes we buy from them are marked up 100s of percent. They're doing well considering they only have 1 retail store. Buy the shoes if you want, or don't. Trying to figure out the logistics or ethics of pre-ordering doesn't have a solution unless Teddy is on Nike Talk willing to divulge his cash flow processes. Don't forget he's creative director starting 2022. He's not a nobody there.

I wonder if the success of the 1300 preorder helped Teddy lock in the director position at NB. He had noted that NB was super hesitant to green light preorders at all. Teddy said this would be the norm moving forward. I’m all about it. Didn’t realize we can order the apparel also? This is great for me.

and if it is an interest free loan, you’re welcome LA, we just gave you an ALD store lol

interest free loan or not, it is what it is. ALD gets to working capital up front; no interest, leverage NB house name for sourcing materials and labor, and in exchange us consumers get to lock in a limited product from a company we all want to see flourish. rinse and repeat. Is there something wrong with this picture or are we conditioned to collecting L's on SNKRS?

and those complaining about the monies being tied up in sneakers for a year, let's be real; if those same dollars weren't going to this drop they'd probably be already ear marked for the next SNKRS drop.

**in for blue or green pair

Back
Top Bottom