Official Air Air Jordan IX/XIV Countdown post! 3-15-08!

I want the XIV to hoop in. They're by far the best hoopin shoe. Not interested in the IXs. If I can't get someone to split the pack with me, I'lljust cop for my I-XX3 collection

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Ahh I dont know still. At first I had this pack marked on my calender. Then I bought a NDS pair of 02 IXs. Now I dont know whether I want to drop 310 on these.
I really think that these will be around for retail or maybe a bit cheaper for a few months. Not necessairly in the stores, but definitley on ebay. Heres my
rational: X/XIII pack is currently going for around $355 shipped on Ebay. In the store (in CT) they were around $330 with tax. Thats only $25 more than retail.
The X were not that desireable, but were a non-retroed OG colorway. The XIII are probably the most desireable shoes out of the first two packs. They obviously
are OGs as well. The IX is the only OG in this pack, and it was not the most popular back in 02. All XIV went on sale two yars ago, so that leads me to believe
that this one is not going to be very popular as well. I am almost certain that you will be able to get these for a good price on ebay, maybe after 2 weeks of
their release. If these sell better than the X/XIII ill be shocked.

Since were on this subject, these are my predictions for hype surrounding each pack

1. XI/XII Needs no introduction

2. VI/XVII Its been along time coming for the VI. Add the fact its the highly regarded carmine colorway and you have a frenzy. Still wont touch XI/XII hype
though.

3. VII/XVI Black/red XVI = sales. Plain and simple. An OG non-retroed VII only helps fuel this pack.

4. X/XIII First pack released, with a coveted non-retroed OG XIII and a not so coveted non-retroed OG X. The fact that this pack was first and that both are OG
make this pack a hot seller.

5. III/XX This one might move up a few spots if the XX is a nice colorway. Black/cement III is a high priority. The III should sell this pack alone

6. IV/XIX This pack could go up or down depending on the shape of the IV and the colorway of the XIX. I cant see people paying big money for the black/red XIX
that is only 4 years old.

7. V/XVIII This could be the ultimate sleeper pack. The V colorway is very popular, and a black/red XVIII sounds very promising.

8. IX/XIV Two shoes that didnt sell well when they retroed. Dont exepct miracles this time around either. Be patient, you will get it at a good price.

9. II/XXI Another sleeper, you can get the "poor mans lowtop version" for around $200 maybe less off of ebay.

10. I/XX2 I cant see this pack moving either. Even if the I are hightop, they still wont sell well unless their black/red. XX2 doesnt help the cause.

11. VIII/XV The least popular Jordan of all time with another retro that struggled to sell (besides OG colorways). Even the 03 OGs are going for under 200 as
we speak. This pack will be easy to get

^^^^^^Nice. Seems like a pretty accurate breakdown.

I had originally planned on coppin every pack. Now, I'm contemplating not getting this pack. I like most only want the IX's. Hopefully, I can get the30% off, then it's a def. cop. If not then
tired.gif

ijapino, like you said this pack could have had so much potentail for real, why not charcoal or powder blue 9's and a pair of indaglo (sp) 14's?

if they wanted a black based shoe, whynot the charcoal 9's and the white and oxy green 14's ?

Powder Blue 9s would've had me sold on purchasing a pack (i would just sell the 14s).

But whit/blk 9s AGAIN? I'd rather just find a ds pair on ebay in my size.

I'm only interested in the IX's, so unless I can get them separately I wont buy the whole pack

i cant wait to cop these right here.......hopefully no lines so far i only found one store in san diego selling them.....hmmmm...

Originally Posted by CEDavII

Didn't the XIV's just come out like last week?

and what release are YOU talkin about?
laugh.gif

i think he is being sarcastic meaning they just came out recently, within like a 4 year or shorter periord. didnt they come out like in 05 or 06? whichwasnt that long.

cant wait to get..i dont have a 9 in my collection..so i need this pack bad..9's are 1 of my favorites..there in my top 5

went to the local spot pulled out 334.01 and it was a wrap. just gotta go pick it up on saturday. easier than the X/XIII in my opinion. As always lookbetter in person

Im not sure but I think im just gonna pass on this package and just try to find a pair of retro 9s that came out a few years ago..im sure ill be able to find aDS-VNDS pair for 150-170 which I don't mind paying..rather than having to pay 330+..

but i've seen the package in person and the 14s aren't too bad.

i might sleep on this pack.....i think someone mentioned if im patient i can cop for a good price....i might do that, i like the 14s but i dont like the thewhite stitching, the 9s are alright but i dont wanna drop 3 bills on something i kind of want

I absolutely love the way the XIVs look as far as the IXs they are ok most of us all wanted another colorway but whatever. Jb should have reversed the colorpattern by making the XIV white based n the IXs the black n red but Im still going for this pack just on the XIVs alone.

do people actually believe that this pack will sit on the shelves for more than a couple of days?? just wonderin cuz i think even though its not a desireablepack it will still sell out just less hype....way less hype...personally me and a friend are going halves on it im gettin the 9s he wants the 14s....everyonehas their own preferences

Back
Top Bottom