OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Originally Posted by vood99

BIP, if you look at this shoe it doesn't really have much in common with an AF-1. It's overpriced, has a leather midsole, some fancy cloth type materials and those terrible waxed laces. Don't get me wrong, I have a few 'Supremes' in my collection but I got them for 1/4th to 1/5th of their asking price. 

I not a fan of the tiers (Basic, Premium, Supreme) as it's Nike's way of getting us to pay for leather/materials that should be standard and I feel that these just don't warrant the $200 price tag either.

I do however agree with you that paying $180+ for garbage JB retros and $200+ for low quality Foam reproductions is insane as well.

I feel you, Mr. Voo. Honestly, I was kind of tempted on these. I really disliked leather midsoles in general though. Luckily I got drunk last night and forgot about the release in the morning so I didn't even really have to make a decision. I kind of wanted them - but I also had a feeling I'd have buyer's remorse had I done that. So, save that cash, and it's more money to hunt vintage pairs.

The shoe flopped (or didn't do as well as Nike projected it would). 
laugh.gif

The 200 dollar price tag killed it. 
 -Drew

Basically.

Originally Posted by PTone

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

I feel you, Mr. Voo. Honestly, I was kind of tempted on these. I really disliked leather midsoles in general though. Luckily I got drunk last night and forgot about the release in the morning so I didn't even really have to make a decision. I kind of wanted them - but I also had a feeling I'd have buyer's remorse had I done that. So, save that cash, and it's more money to hunt vintage pairs.

laugh.gif

-Drew

Basically.

You would've expected Nike to have learned their lesson after the disastrous XXV anniversary. To all who are feeling this - just be patient, they'll get marked down... eventually.

laugh.gif

-Drew

Basically.

You would've expected Nike to have learned their lesson after the disastrous XXV anniversary. To all who are feeling this - just be patient, they'll get marked down... eventually.
I thought the same thing about the YOTR last year, but by the time I decided I was willing to even pay retail for them the only thing left at my local shop was a 8.5. I don't look for them often, but I haven't seen them drop below the $250 mark on ebay or even on here unless they were worn.

laugh.gif

-Drew

Basically.

Yeah, if time goes on and I still feel like I want them, I'll cop when the prices drop back down to around retail.

The thing is, often times you make better decisions if you wait and cop from ebay, b/s forums, etc. because you're in a totally different mind state - you're more rational and less of mindless consumer zombie zealot. When something drops, you just ask yourself whether you like it, but not necessarily whether this is the way in which I will spend $200 or whatever that will give me the most satisfaction. That shoe is just competing with your opinion and its own price point. But, when you're shopping on ebay or in the b/s forums, that shoe is literally competing against every other shoe in that market place, so if becomes way more obvious - from a cognition standpoint - to say to yourself, well for $200, I have lots of other options, so is this the choice I want to make. You don't think that way at the time of a new, hyped release because the context and social dynamic is different.

Please be reminded that there is absolutely NO BUYING, SELLING or TRADING ALLOWED outside our buy/sell forums.

**DO NOT ASK FOR "HOOKUPS"!! ADVERTISING YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC PAIR OR SIZE BAITSALL THE WOULD-BE SELLERS TO ATTEMPT TO SELL THEIR ITEMS.

**DONOT ADVERTISE YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC PAIR OR SIZE AVAILABLE FOR SALE. THISINCLUDES ALL THE "HOOKUP FOR RETAIL OR LESS" POSTS AS WELL. IF ITINVOLVES A TRANSACTION TO TAKE PLACE, IT IS STILL CONSIDERED A SELLINGPOST! SOME WILL THINK THAT BY OFFERING TO "HOOK SOMEONE UP" THAT THEY'RE DOING THE COMMUNITY A HUGE FAVOR. HOWEVER, THIS ISN'T ALWAYS THE CASE. ONE PERSON'S BARGAIN IS ANOTHER PERSON'S RIP OFF. ADDITIONALLY, NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE OF THE OFFER, IT DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS OR SPAMMING.

**DONOT POST STOCKROOM PICTURES! (pictures of multiples pairs/sizes) THISOBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'SCOUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.

**DONOT OFFER TO PICK UP OR BUY ITEMS FROM LOCAL STORES TO "HELP OUT"ANOTHER MEMBER. IF YOU NEED TO GIVE SOMEONE THE NUMBER OR ADDRESS TOTHE STORE, DO THAT INSTEAD.

**NO LINKS TO LIVE AUCTIONS OR SELLING POSTS ARE ALLOWED!

**PLEASE DO NOT POST THAT YOU PM'D SOMEONE. THEY'LL GET IT.

ANDLASTLY, THE ONE LOOPHOLE WE'VE ALWAYS HAD ON NIKETALK IS THE USE OF SIGNATURES TO PROMOTE YOUR ITEMS.  DO NOT USE THE "LOOK AT MY SIG"REPLIES JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT. "SIG CHECKS" WITH ITEMS WANTED FOR BUYING/SELLING OR TRADING IS ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL ALSO BE BANNED ORSUSPENDED.

Yeah that jacket is cool but I'd see myself getting tired of it fast with those dragons. Not sure how the quality of leather is but 500 seems a little high for it

I can't lie seeing the back of the jacket kind of makes me want to track it down. Even though it'll end up in the closet along with about 3 other jackets I never wear. If I manage to come across one at a decent price I'd pick it up (but I have a better chance of winning the lottery)

as corny as it kinda looks, i'd love to have that jacket. not sure if we even got them locally. i doubt it though because expensive jackets don't sell too well here. too bad man. save money i guess.

what's the word on them white/green ones up there?

Y'all are crazy. The jacket is one of the hottest things Nike has dropped in a looooong time.

Still wouldn't spend 500 on it tho.

Here's the pics of the YOTD jacket. Sorry for the wait but this jacket is sick!! The jacket is nice and simple, I'm glad all the colorful stitching wasn't on the outside or IMO would have been overkill.

What is the going price for a pair of the NYC af1 jewel mid Navy/ white-orange, worn?

any help will be appreciated.

Thank God, my year of the dragon air ones came in today.  Big ups to Sneaker Politics.  Im very thankful, I was able to get a pair at retail price.

Back
Top Bottom