OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

From IG.

9FDFF38C-1C55-4F93-856E-0C90AC3D8B54.png

are pairs from the 00s still wearable?

it all depends. Most of my personal pairs from the late 90s/early to mid 2000s have deflated air units and lean to the left.

It amazes me how renowned collectors on IG can still wear their pairs from 15-20 years ago. My OG patent AF1s from 2005/2006 are borderline not wearable.

I guess it depends on how you store your pairs and the humidity in your house/shoe room. I posted my current collection of new and old maybe a few hundred pages back so you can see what I’m talking about and a story behind each AF1 I collected over the past 22 years (if you still are browsing this thread lol).

After some more browsing this thread (it's 2 am on the east coast — I knew I shouldn't have made an account after lurking for years) my junior high/high school love for af1s is reignited... What are some of the best colorways with decent materials, and are pairs from the 00s still wearable?
The best recent pairs to me are the black box releases that tend to keep the classic eyestay construction and flat tongue. Most are remakes of old colorways but not all. Materials and shape tend to be as good as we can expect now with a few exceptions (e.g. Hong Kongs).

After some more browsing this thread (it's 2 am on the east coast — I knew I shouldn't have made an account after lurking for years) my junior high/high school love for af1s is reignited... What are some of the best colorways with decent materials, and are pairs from the 00s still wearable?

it all depends. Most of my personal pairs from the late 90s/early to mid 2000s have deflated air units and lean to the left.

It amazes me how renowned collectors on IG can still wear their pairs from 15-20 years ago. My OG patent AF1s from 2005/2006 are borderline not wearable.

I guess it depends on how you store your pairs and the humidity in your house/shoe room. I posted my current collection of new and old maybe a few hundred pages back so you can see what I’m talking about and a story behind each AF1 I collected over the past 22 years (if you still are browsing this thread lol).
Man they prob just wearing them to watch TV or kick it in the backyard :lol:
I have pairs dating back to 2001. Most I’ve owned and kept in rotation since then but a few have been purchased DS in recent years. I’ve yet to lose an air bag (fingers crossed). No secret to storing them for me. Just in the box in my closet.

Dad'gum I thought some of you bois were crazy ordering seven or eight pears. Just got my first in and the first thing I thought was, 'damn I should have made more'. In hand the leather jawns are NICE. Excited to see how my second pear turns out.

Back
Top Bottom