OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

I only see the options for the regular NBY af1

I see both for the anniversary model. Just destroyed a pair I've been working on with the black and white options... hehe....

Only thing I see missing is Uni Blue leathers.

edit: Yeah, no white tongue. My white tongues were delivered yesterday, berry berry nice.

How long did you wear these for and have your other pairs creased as badly?

AF1 has always fit me 0.25 too big so my pairs in general have creases and I got used to it - just have to look at it from a different perspective I guess.
Just a couple times, it basically folded right away. I have another pair of AM90's with the same toebox material and it did the same thing, but I expected it this time so I kind of got it to go in a way that isn't too bad. Other AF1s always crease a little but I can usually keep it to a minimum if I'm careful.

which should i go with? black or white bottom?

64D2307C-1296-484C-8726-99DA7761FB15.jpeg

D2A17FC6-47C7-4FEB-A1CC-3C89BDBF44B9.jpeg

Ahhh yes, I remember you mentioning that a while back but still have no idea what you're talking about. :lol:
I’ll try to explain.
From 2009 to now most grey box AF1s have a tongue constructed of two separate pieces that’s stitched together at an angle so the tongue curls up.
image.jpg

older pairs and current ‘retros’ have a tongue cut of a single piece that lays flat.

image.jpg

when you tie your laces tight and pop your tongue out anyway there isn’t much of a difference. But I don’t like my laces tied tight and don’t like tongues sticking up. As you can see from the side there’s a considerable difference (at least to me).

7F1EFBF8-5D6C-4D7F-9A06-EE2384CCA19E.jpeg

9370AD39-3052-4064-AA55-D40D1A594814.jpeg

For the past 12 years this has been my biggest problem with general releases. It’s happened on some other models as well. Ruined the recent 11 lows too.

Now, as far as lockdown goes… since I don’t like lacing then up tight, I’d rather they not flop off my ankle when I walk. I can walk around in these 2005 nubucks completely unlaced with zero heel slippage. Not so much with the 2009 black/yellows.

I know we all have our issues with the various changes to the model over the years but these are my two biggest issues that affect wearability for me.

Back
Top Bottom