OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

damn, missed the kith sale. White/silver are $82.50 now.

Anywhere to get them for like $60-70?
That’s weird they aren’t on the Nike app anymore, I think they had a FSR last week, I just got a pair for $75. Maybe they’ll pop back up

1. It seems that these 2 AF1's have really nice leather. Do all the Colour of the Months have better leather than most AF1's?
  2. I've heard multiple people mention GR leather being bad / worse on other AF1's. Is this correct and is GR leather a basic leather Nike use?
  3. Finally, is the Colour of the Month re-release, a recurring range of AF1's released every year or is the 35th Anniversary of the CotM range the first time these sneakers have been re-released?

1. Yes the COTM line has had better than average leather than normal & recent pairs. You can find even better quality on collabs or older pairs though.

2. GR leather on AF1s are generally not great, as they sell so well that it they don't have to provide the good stuff. The general rule of thumb comes down to the retail price (for the most part), if the retail price is below $120 quality is not gonna be all that great, if above it should be fine (this is not 100% tho, as Nike are always liable to pull a fast one on us).

3. The COTM line is not re-occuring. It's a reference to how in the past AF1 would actually drop a new colorway every month (usually the first Saturday of the month).

The colorways have mostly been remixes to AF1 colorways of the 80s and 90s, some used to be a midtop colorway made into a low, some have just been the same makeup using brighter colors.

We have no idea when the COTM line will end, but there's at least 3 more colorways on the way.

My guess is that we all just enjoying the ride until someone stops the line 😂

Nice, thank you so much for the explanation phemom phemom appreciate it!

I've loved AF1's my entire life but have only dived deep recently into all the variants and releases, so it's been a spiders web of info to try and pick through. I'm really happy with the CotM releases so far so very happy for this style of AF1 to continue, let's hope Nike do!

Nice, thank you so much for the explanation phemom phemom appreciate it!

I've loved AF1's my entire life but have only dived deep recently into all the variants and releases, so it's been a spiders web of info to try and pick through. I'm really happy with the CotM releases so far so very happy for this style of AF1 to continue, let's hope Nike do!

You're starting at a really good time.

Almost any silhouette goes through high and low moments. The COTM series has overall been a very good high period for collectors. It's been awesome to get simple, well done colorways for low prices. I don't think anyone would've guessed that the sneaker market would take such a hit post pandemic but it's been great to pick up future classics for cheap.

Sz 14 blue/gum cotm for $79 before shipping.

Check out what I have found on the Premier. I think you will like the Air Force 1 Low Retro

http://app-2744.appdeep.link/products/6859664130113
1689059286371.png

You're starting at a really good time.

Almost any silhouette goes through high and low moments. The COTM series has overall been a very good high period for collectors. It's been awesome to get simple, well done colorways for low prices. I don't think anyone would've guessed that the sneaker market would take such a hit post pandemic but it's been great to pick up future classics for cheap.

That's great to hear.

It's strange that it's the nostalgic colour ways of the colour of the months that have brought me down this rabbit hole, rather than the famous collaborations over the years. I think the years of being a kid in the 80's and 90's with parents who couldn't buy AF1's for me, but wanting them so badly, means that those are the colours that I most want from the shoes.

I've now been a really dirty son of a gun and got 2 Racing Yellows and now 3 version of the pink and gum... I'm going to go for a lay down and only wake up when some new COTM colour ways turn up, rather then buying multiples!

My son’s best friend loves mermaids and his favorite color is pink. His parents roll with it, and I think that’s cool. It’s amazing how far we’ve come, because there’s no way that would have even been allowed of a boy when I was coming up.

So I guess things are getting better on that issue.
What’s wrong with Be True To Your School?

Back
Top Bottom