OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Finally got the Linens in. So happy to finally add to the collection. All I need are the Taiwans and Mushrooms to complete my want list.

IMG_9975.jpg

Last edited:
Not gon lie, I actually like the pink gum cotm better than the new linens

I adore both and have worn the Pink COTM model since they came out but have worn the Linens only twice, never owning the OG pair.

Both are exceptional, with the nicest leather I've ever experienced in a AF1. Oddly, the Linens feel the most subdued of the 2, despite having 2 smacks of pink on the sole and swoosh, as the Linen colour eases it all down nicely. Wheres the Pink COTM screams louder as the white is neon. So very neon.

The other big difference is the really padded ankle in the Linens which feels more comfortable on first impressions, looking forward to experiencing more of the differences soon. No lie though, the Pink COTM is my favourite ever AF1 and it's only superseded by the Linen AF1 in my head, as in it was such a legendary shoe, I never thought I would own it! So actually owning the shoe (Even in its re-issue guise) for the past week is taking some time to compute in my head before I can really compare the 2. One is a legend, 1 is just a sweet ******* shoe!

IIRC, Nike released 2 AF1 Lows in exact same colorways (one had red “ESCAPE” on the tongue while the other’s tongue only had regular “Nike Air” in red) back then within few months and now, they are retro-ing the latter and call it as “Escape”???
IMG_7705.jpeg

Feels like anything with this kind of Brown/Black/White colorway/color blocking is considered an “Escape” colorway.

There was a JD Sports pair as well with no “Escape” branding on it but we called them that. Color was slightly different because the Brown on the toebox and on the heel matched.

EDIT-Forgot about the Blue “Escape” colorways. The Escape 2 Air Max 90s are an all time favorite.

Last edited:
You think Nike will ever put the Ivory Snakes on sale?

I remember waiting for that to happen with the Forest Green COTMs.

…and it never did.

I remember DJ CK saying The List pair were released but I guess in limited quantities as had seen peeps selling for $10k+ but seen a pair on ebay for $7k+ now. I would loved to have gotten a pair to wear in the summer, ah well.

Back
Top Bottom