OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

I don't care what they do really. Sit or smoke, it's of no interest to me either way. The only new stuff I mess with remains IDs here and there.

But, if you like these kinds of releases and the better quality AF1s with improved shape that you've been getting recently, I think you want something in the middle. You want the releases to be successful enough that Nike sees it as a success and continues to give you what you want. But, you don't want actual hype.

That's what I told people weeks ago. If you're not spending your money on these quality releases, Nike WILL go back to business as usual. Dudes trying to wait until everything goes on discount are not showing Nike that they will spend bread on quality (comparatively speaking).

Since I'm a 14 and can't get OGs like that, I'm good with these remastereds and will show my appreciation by buying damn near all of them.

Last edited:
No, if you let a product sit especially a company like Nike, they will ramp up the quality of their best selling shoe of all time. They have no other option if they want AF1s to sell.

AF-1s are their best selling shoe EVER, no matter the quality. People buy those plastic feeling GRs year round. The average shopper doesn't care as much as we do. Lower demand, lower supply. Or in this case, lower demand, cheaper materials.

Last edited:
AF-1s are their best selling shoe EVER, no matter the quality. People buy those plastic feeling GRs year round. The average shopper doesn't care as much as we do. Lower demand, lower supply. Or in this case, lower demand, cheaper materials.

Yes.

"Sneakerheads" tend to vastly overestimate their importance to companies' overall success. "Sneakerheads, collectively, are a drop in the bucket to Nike.

The vast majority of what the company does is not aimed at "sneakerheads."

Most people don't care about "premium materials" and an improved shape on some AF1 highs, they just see pair X retailing for substantially more than pair Y even though they look generally the same. '-

So, this is one experiment that the general public is not going to keep afloat. This is a decision to do something that they think actually caters to the "sneakerhead" market. People constantly say, "If Nike made better quality forces, in simple colorways, with better materials, I'd cop." ...Okay, folks - now it;'s time to put your money where your mouth is.

People love to get on places like NT and whine. But, none of that is relevant at all. This isn't a "culture," it's a business. You vote with your dollars. JB continues to put out the trash it does because it sells like crazy. Jumping on a message board and complaining about it means nothing if you buy the product anyway. And, conversely, praising Nike for doing something like this isn't worth anything if you don't buy the product.

/\/\/\ My buddy picked up his pair from Swoosh yesterday.

YES INDEED.

"I love the Shady Burst" (owns no other pairs of Bursts)
"I love the Supreme Blazers" (owns no other pairs of Blazers)
"I love the Entourage AF1" (owns no other AF1s)
:rofl: [emoji]128514[/emoji]

i rarely post in here. good to see you show up to this party. it was pretty cool to have so many people text me the link when the purple highs dropped. put one in my cart then removed it. maybe when they hit clearance i'll try for a pair. my original pair is still in great shape. i rarely buy shoes nowadays anyway. mostly buy stuff for my son.

This my first start with the nike id run and really like the overall look so I went ahead and ordered the pendleton :

anyone chose the gum midsole on their design ?

Yes.

"Sneakerheads" tend to vastly overestimate their importance to companies' overall success. "Sneakerheads, collectively, are a drop in the bucket to Nike.

Most people don't care about "premium materials" and an improved shape on some AF1 highs, they just see pair X retailing for substantially more than pair Y even though they look generally the same. '-

So, this is one experiment that the general public is not going to keep afloat. This is a decision to do something that they think actually caters to the "sneakerhead" market. People constantly say, "If Nike made better quality forces, in simple colorways, with better materials, I'd cop." ...Okay, folks - now it;'s time to put your money where your mouth is.

People love to get on places like NT and whine. But, none of that is relevant at all. This isn't a "culture," it's a business. You vote with your dollars. JB continues to put out the trash it does because it sells like crazy. Jumping on a message board and complaining about it means nothing if you buy the product anyway. And, conversely, praising Nike for doing something like this isn't worth anything if you don't buy the product.
this...

Glad to see cats that been around for a minute dropping knowledge...(actually dropping reality)

That's what I told people weeks ago. If you're not spending your money on these quality releases, Nike WILL go back to business as usual. Dudes trying to wait until everything goes on discount are not showing Nike that they will spend bread on quality (comparatively speaking).

Since I'm a 14 and can't get OGs like that, I'm good with these remastereds and will show my appreciation by buying damn near all of them.

Wear a 14 too. I'm buying all the ogs that come out. These are some quality releases that we have not seen in years. Show some love to Nike for releasing these "color of the months". Can't what for the chocolates with the white swoosh.

I wanna get the color of the months but that swoosh still bugs me :x ...its gonna suck to pass on the baby blue highs :\

Last edited:
I'm glad nobody's buying them. Let them sit. I'm trying to double up on the whole set under retail, and if Nike decides to pull the plug so be it.

tumblr_nnbg84mL4a1sxv3djo1_500.gif

I got the purps in yesterday. The sizing seems to be a little inconsistent. I got a 7.5 in the Nai Ke and they fit perfect but the same size in the purp is a little snug.

edit: just read they're $84 on swoosh. :x I need a plug

Last edited:
Hearing this Saturday and the 12th for wheat highs. Don't know what the deal is so I just picked up from a reseller. These might be the first kicks I use some type of protection on. Anyone have any suggestions to keeping the dirt off the suede (and water/stains)
COME ON SON, reading is fundamental, look back a few pages someone asked the same question, and you will find the answer 
mean.gif

Yes.

funny thing is, in regards to quality in J's, some of the best quality pairs this year sold the worst. For example, oreo 4, LB 4, and whatever that 7 was with tumbled leather. all had excellent materials, but sold for junk and some sat in stores for a while. but shoes with mediocre materials sold quicker, at higher resell.

so my af1 high flax came in an orange box with grey label. these are GS. anyone have that happen to them? shoes and label are legit.

Back
Top Bottom