OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

thanks for the shout, that's me LOL. i was surpised to see niketalk still so active, guess i've been under a rock. tried to recover my account from back in the day but no luck. glad to see this AF1 thread is so active!
Yo you're welcome man, the site is fire. My buddy Mike got some 97 forces from you. We're always on the hunt for that older heat.

Small update on my AF 1 Freddy Kruegers. Getting the fabric this week but dont hve the slightest idea how to place on the toe and sides. Im thinking of using Barge cement open to suggestions. Also considering sewing it but with everything shot down its not an option what how would Barge hold up is my worry. Open to suggestions
Dayumb bro. U blew ur load on those. You should of took the Less is more approach. Hopefully you can remove some.

Anyone have a pic of how the “orange trance” and “rush pink” look in leather and/or the outsole? I’m making a pigeon inspired pair and torn between the 2. I feel like the rush pink is actually more red than pink and closer to the OG pigeons but I know Nike ID color swatches can be deceiving. I already ordered 4 other pairs that are being made now but know I’ll regret not getting more while the option is still available 😅.

Attachments

• 4BD3FC6E-18AA-4451-9AE3-C02FB7ED18DD.png
    4BD3FC6E-18AA-4451-9AE3-C02FB7ED18DD.png
    479.7 KB · Views: 67
  • D55CC694-CE5D-4C34-B7D2-00267754910C.png
    D55CC694-CE5D-4C34-B7D2-00267754910C.png
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 4CC9E9F4-7CE2-48F0-9A4A-1AA67AE9F15C.png
    4CC9E9F4-7CE2-48F0-9A4A-1AA67AE9F15C.png
    485.1 KB · Views: 73
Anyone have a pic of how the “orange trance” and “rush pink” look in leather and/or the outsole? I’m making a pigeon inspired pair and torn between the 2. I feel like the rush pink is actually more red than pink and closer to the OG pigeons but I know Nike ID color swatches can be deceiving. I already ordered 4 other pairs that are being made now but know I’ll regret not getting more while the option is still available 😅.
These are mine that came in last month. Orange trance on insole and sole.

317BB66E-80FB-4750-BAD2-68DF89079347.jpeg

81382D53-860F-4B2F-8B4C-5CD8EE12243A.jpeg

2D00605B-C720-41A7-8200-87550C488C95.jpeg

Can you elaborate on the kind of help you need? Length? Color? Type?

FWIW I ordered 54 inch flat laces from converse.com for some low top AF1s and they fit just right. I lace all the way to the top.

flat / whatever length comes stock on lows / sail
thanks

that and I’m in charge of all disciplinary action. Students call affectionately call me “the black principal” lol. I get my teaching cert next year. Then I’ll be on track to become an actual principal with the pay. Have to do 2 years of classroom instruction first. Then I’ll really be making money 😎
I know the kids must go crazy whenever you wear your kicks.

Small update on my AF 1 Freddy Kruegers. Getting the fabric this week but dont hve the slightest idea how to place on the toe and sides. Im thinking of using Barge cement open to suggestions. Also considering sewing it but with everything shot down its not an option what how would Barge hold up is my worry. Open to suggestions

i am about to do the same custom, yours inspired me. Barge cement will hold, it’s used for sole swaps and will definitely hold the fabric in place. Where did you order your fabric from? Also did you use burgundy or red pant for the blood splatters?

I know the kids must go crazy whenever you wear your kicks.

It’s an elementary school but you’d be surprised how much kids think they know about shoes at that age. My first year, the 5th graders used to try and legit check my Yeezy 350s. Every shoe I had to wear had to be fake. I’m the only black person in the school so, yeah, there’s that. Kids who come from privilege found it hard to believe I could have expensive/popular shoes and obtain them legally.

True story - one time a parent complained to the principal about my shoes. They said they felt it brought unnecessary attention and disrupted the educational policy and there should be a shoe uniform policy enforced. Followed were complaints of my necklace, earrings, hair and non prescriptive glasses.

Mambalorian Mambalorian you and me have literally the same job! Thanks for all that you do!

appreciate you and your work! It’s not an east job - classroom teachers and admin get all the glory, while we do all those little things that nobody wants to do that keeps the school going. I love my job, but lately I’ve been wanting more respect given to my position. I coordinate the SEL, social justice, conflict resolution, volunteer program, lunch, recess, after school programming, and I’m the liaison to the PTA, and yet I’m easily still the lowest paid person in the building. Still, it’s not bad - $60k a year then I get 3 hours of overtime every day for after school programming - but teachers have been telling me for years that I’m undervalued and I need to have a reflection in my work. After 4 years I finally realize that. Our positions are considered luxury and there’s really no year-to-year job security. Students and parents are truly thankful and appreciative of me since I’m basically the face of the admin and work with everyone. It was enough, but now I need to aim higher. Spoke to the higher ups within my district and they were able to provide clarity - if I get my cert I’d get a $20k bump. Talked to some of my closer co-workers and they said how after 10 years of teaching I’d make $118k annually. If a became a principal after 2-3 years of teaching, I’d start off at $125k. There’s also the additional $2k a year cost of living bump. I don’t know how it is in your district, but it’s time we get this respect and this money, fam!

It’s an elementary school but you’d be surprised how much kids think they know about shoes at that age. My first year, the 5th graders used to try and legit check my Yeezy 350s. Every shoe I had to wear had to be fake. I’m the only black person in the school so, yeah, there’s that. Kids who come from privilege found it hard to believe I could have expensive/popular shoes and obtain them legally.

True story - one time a parent complained to the principal about my shoes. They said they felt it brought unnecessary attention and disrupted the educational policy and there should be a shoe uniform policy enforced. Followed were complaints of my necklace, earrings, hair and non prescriptive glasses.
As someone who wears glasses because I need them I do not understand them being worn by someone who in fact does not need them to see.

They are a medical device not a fashion accessory.

As someone who wears glasses because I need them I do not understand them being worn by someone who in fact does not need them to see.

They are a medical device not a fashion accessory.

I can tell you why I do it - we have a huge bullying issue at school in regards to students who wear glasses. Students are often teased and made fun of for wearing them. There are some students that would refuse to wear them because they’re in fear of being ridiculed for looking differently - depression in students at even this age is very real. I wear them not as a fashion accessory, but to help alleviate those anxieties from students and to be an anchor of support for them - “it’s ok to wear glasses. I wear them, too.”

SEL 101 👍🏾

Last edited:

My dude got reported for being too fly :rofl:

First and foremost props to you for being an educator bro. Especially to the really really young ones. There’s a ton of studies that show having a black male teacher in those earlier years can make or break buying into education for a lot of young black and brown kids.

I taught for a good portion of my post college career (made the change to IT roughly 2 years ago today in fact). I always worked with older kids but they were usually“At Risk”. My kids loved that I got fly. It kinda helped create a bond. They knew I was from where they were from but that I had made something decent of myself.Literally started growing my locs back, would wear short sleeves exposing my tats, and always switched sneakers and coats/ jackets. All that **** played into my kids buying into what I was trying to teach them. I was extremely lucky and I worked in a very non-orthodox education Environment (my students were youth apprentices). We cursed and talked about all types of **** pretty regularly.

First and foremost props to you for being an educator bro. Especially to the really really young ones. There’s a ton of studies that show having a black male teacher in those earlier years can make or break buying into education for a lot of young black and brown kids.

I taught for a good portion of my post college career (made the change to IT roughly 2 years ago today in fact). I always worked with older kids but they were usually“At Risk”. My kids loved that I got fly. It kinda helped create a bond. They knew I was from where they were from but that I had made something decent of myself.Literally started growing my locs back, would wear short sleeves exposing my tats, and always switched sneakers and coats/ jackets. All that **** played into my kids buying into what I was trying to teach them. I was extremely lucky and I worked in a very non-orthodox education Environment (my students were youth apprentices). We cursed and talked about all types of **** pretty regularly.

bro, everything you said resonated with me. I actually wanted to switch to IT earlier in my career, but this calling was too strong. Before making the switch to teaching I worked youth development for 12 years with our communities “at risk”. Seeing someone who looked liked them, talked liked them, came from where they came from and with those similar experiences still trying to do something positive really got them to buy-in. It was motivating. Transitioning to an elementary school setting with very few students of color took some adjusting - school politics. I’ve thought about making the switch to a middle school or high school as it fits more with my skill set. With that said, I wanted to try to catch as many students as possible before being filtered into the system. I wanted to be more proactive than reactive. Building a strong mindset and awareness about the student to prison pipeline at a young age is my goal.

bro, everything you said resonated with me. I actually wanted to switch to IT earlier in my career, but this calling was too strong. Before making the switch to teaching I worked youth development for 12 years with our communities “at risk”. Seeing someone who looked liked them, talked liked them, came from where they came from and with those similar experiences still trying to do something positive really got them to buy-in. It was motivating. Transitioning to an elementary school setting with very few students of color took some adjusting - school politics. I’ve thought about making the switch to a middle school or high school as it fits more with my skill set. With that said, I wanted to try to catch as many students as possible before being filtered into the system. I wanted to be more proactive than reactive. Building a strong mindset and awareness about the student to prison pipeline at a young age is my goal.

I commend you man. You’re doing it the right way. I had a similar journey before making the switch. Worked residential treatment for like 4 years, taught or worked in education capacity for a total of 8. My mom actually had a couple group homes when I was a kid so I kinda grow up in and around that system.

I fit in way too comfy with the At Risk population so I probably could’ve never made the leap that you did by working with younger kids. Seriously bro kudos.

I still love teaching and a lot of my old kids are just like my ****** now lol. They still hit me up just talk ****. One of my kids bought his first crib a couple months back and even had me come through the housewarming (**** was heartwarming man).

Keep going though bro, the world needs more people like you. Truly your work makes a difference. I got a really young sonnow and even though he’s under me day and night I’m gonna need guys like you in the classroom to help him become the best person he can be.

I commend you man. You’re doing it the right way. I had a similar journey before making the switch. Worked residential treatment for like 4 years, taught or worked in education capacity for a total of 8. My mom actually had a couple group homes when I was a kid so I kinda grow up in and around that system.

I fit in way too comfy with the At Risk population so I probably could’ve never made the leap that you did by working with younger kids. Seriously bro kudos.

I still love teaching and a lot of my old kids are just like my ****** now lol. They still hit me up just talk ****. One of my kids bought his first crib a couple months back and even had me come through the housewarming (**** was heartwarming man).

Keep going though bro, the world needs more people like you. Truly your work makes a difference. I got a really young sonnow and even though he’s under me day and night I’m gonna need guys like you in the classroom to help him become the best person he can be.

respect ✊🏾

Back
Top Bottom