OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

I wasn’t saying they weren’t legit.. just was saying I never heard of it but I’m glad I saw that post cuz I actually added it to my notes of places to check when my go to places are OOS of what I’m looking for lol I get a lot of online boutiques from here
It's Comme Des Garcons retail store that also sells other brands

Based on PG's prices, I assume these are gonna be super limited? Given the marketing they've been doing for these, I was hoping they'd be somewhat accessible. Similar to the West Indies.
He could just be taking advantage of limited info to the public.

I think the blacks will be a wider release.

Fzkr_VxXsAAB19g.jpeg.jpg

I said "made it seem like he was the only one..." because he intentionally made it limited to his store in one city because of how important exclusivity was to him. Limited to one store does not even equate to availability in an entire country. The equivalent of that would be USA exclusive. "To restore this lost art..." is even more asinine because nike/JB never stopped doing regional exclusives, not to mention the fact that it's not an "art" :lol: "These types of releases are unheard of..." is bogus as hell. There were plenty of regional exclusives, still are. Ronnie Fieg ****ing sucks. Kith sucks. The 2016 linen release sucks. Glad you had a good trip with your wife though.

If you're like to hear more on why Ronnie sucks, see my novel from the new balance thread earlier this year: https://niketalk.com/threads/offici...-on-first-page.158096/page-5215#post-36186555
lol man I stopped here lol. I'm inclined to think you are a hater but that's ok.

I don't like the word "kith" as a brand or company name. I think it just sounds wack.

Ok here's the rest, redacted:
I don't like how he or media outlets have sold his background as "humble beginnings" (to quote high snobiety). I think kith's clothing is wack, dating back to those sweatshirt cuff mercer pants. I dislike the filters that he and his company have used to distort the actual appearance of their products - I've been duped before when purchasing. I didn't like when I asked for a pair of shoes at kith and was told they were sold out, only to see a couple guys in suits go to the register, ask for the same shoes, and got them handed to em in a bag (first drop of acronym prestos). I didn't like how he turned the 2016 linen af1 retro into his own exclusive drop. I think he's narcissistic and despite our shared passion for sneakers and design, he's just a nepo kid who used his privileged upbringing to sell a romanticized, inauthentic version of NYC to the world.

edit: lol the more I think of it, the more I think of things that suck about him and kith. Kithstrikes (taking GRs/retros and making them intentionally exclusive), rope laces, the slogan "just us"...to be continued

FWIW, I had both iterations of the linen af1. Probably my #1 af1 if I could choose only one af1 to have. Originals are untouchable, retros good in their own regard, but they pale in comparison. Limited availability, exclusivity, "the hunt" for older pairs (got my OGs from gusto after years of looking for the right price/condition), is wack to me. For sneakers, I wholly feel the more the merrier. If I had Ronnie's power, I'd want everyone else to be able to have that shoe and share its appreciation. Let us not also forget his run of reissuing classic ASICS colorways, slapping rope laces on, calling them "kithstrikes", and releasing them only through kith in limited quantities.

Based on PG's prices, I assume these are gonna be super limited? Given the marketing they've been doing for these, I was hoping they'd be somewhat accessible. Similar to the West Indies.
From what I’m told the white/black will be general release. White/porpoise (light blue) will be upnyc exclusive. Grey/pink/white will be F&F. I don’t think resell prices will be anywhere near what I posted for lol. Maybe the blue bc they’re limited but I see those settling around $700-$800 give or take.

2013 ID Linens were better than Ronnie’s. I’m not mad at him for releasing them the way he did given the opportunity. That was before Nike ever gave him a shoe. The shape is bad, the leather is meh, and the shade of the outside is way off, but I still got them and even though I should off them at current prices, I won’t.

Bring on all the TS.

Last edited:
2013 ID Linens were better that Ronnie’s. I’m not mad at him for releasing them the way he did given the opportunity. That was before Nike ever gave him a shoe. The shape is bad, the leather is meh, and the shade of the outside is way off, but I still got them and even though I should off them at current prices, I won’t.

Bring on all the TS.
Yea outsole is way off from the sole. It's more peach than pink.

Back
Top Bottom