Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

Consensus is that they're like Chi/UNC leather.

I do it's better than the Chicagos and behind the UNC's in terms of Quality. Out of these 3 shoes it goes (IMO) UNC's > CM's > Chicagos. Now this doesn't take in account that everyone's pair is going to be a little different, some are more tumbled than others etc. I have had 5 pairs of Chicago 1's since release and some are really soft and some are a little bit stiffer.  CM's are definitely a hit IMO, you can wear them with anything.
So some would say that UNC > CM > Chi 1s? i almost thought the other way around, Chi1, CM, UNCs. Don't know how the SBB add into that mix, compared to those listed. from owning both  SBB & Chi1, would say SBB > Chi 1.

When i had tried for UNC 1s, i got hit with OOS. thats why I'm a little thrown off by these. saying its a super GR release, but i don't see foot locker/action or Champs with release for instore as of yet.

ATC charge is 30 for most, so even pre order for 200 shipped is practically the same. Guess ill sleep on it one more night...

So some would say that UNC > CM > Chi 1s? i almost thought the other way around, Chi1, CM, UNCs. Don't know how the SBB add into that mix, compared to those listed. from owning both  SBB & Chi1, would say SBB > Chi 1.

When i had tried for UNC 1s, i got hit with OOS. thats why I'm a little thrown off by these. saying its a super GR release, but i don't see foot locker/action or Champs with release for instore as of yet.

ATC charge is 30 for most, so even pre order for 200 shipped is practically the same. Guess ill sleep on it one more night...
I just left the SBB out because it's in a league of it's own (IMO) If we're talking 2015 AJ 1's then it would go (for me) SBB > UNC > CM > Chicago 1's.  I think the UNC's leather is really really nice, it would be SBB > UNC for top 1 and 2 of the year (IMO) and like I said quality does vary by pair, I have some Chicago 1's that are much nicer than other CHicago 1's. Cyber Monday's are a great shoe though (IMO) I hope you can pick them up if you want them.

The NL tweet was for all participating Niketowns, but for some reason 21mercer wasn't coming up on the list of locations for the instore pick up.
really? hashtagged 21M in the tweet. i didnt open it because my coverage was spotty when it went out but i received notifications from nikela as well.

Consensus is that they're like Chi/UNC leather.

I do it's better than the Chicagos and behind the UNC's in terms of Quality. Out of these 3 shoes it goes (IMO) UNC's > CM's > Chicagos. Now this doesn't take in account that everyone's pair is going to be a little different, some are more tumbled than others etc. I have had 5 pairs of Chicago 1's since release and some are really soft and some are a little bit stiffer.  CM's are definitely a hit IMO, you can wear them with anything.

I just left the SBB out because it's in a league of it's own (IMO) If we're talking 2015 AJ 1's then it would go (for me) SBB > UNC > CM > Chicago 1's.  I think the UNC's leather is really really nice, it would be SBB > UNC for top 1 and 2 of the year (IMO) and like I said quality does vary by pair, I have some Chicago 1's that are much nicer than other CHicago 1's. Cyber Monday's are a great shoe though (IMO) I hope you can pick them up if you want them.
I have both the Chicago 1s and the UNCs, while my brother has the SBBs (although I was the one who won the online raffle for him from NT Santa Monica, so I was the one who picked them up for him).

It's been widely said that the SBBs have the best leather (so far) out of all the 2015 NA releases, which is why the resell on them is still high, even for a non-OG colorway that many people don't like ("Home Depot 1s").

The UNCs were probably the least difficult in obtaining, but that probably had to do with the colorway that wasn't as appealing to many, and that people were claiming that the quality of leather was equal to or around the level of the Chicago's.

Make no mistake about it: If the leather on the UNCs were the same quality wise as the SBBs, the UNCs would be reselling as much as the SBBs. The same applies for the Chicago's, although resell were high on the Chicago's at first mainly because of the release drama that came with them. We can see that the Chicago's are slowly dipping in price with each restock.

In all cases, we really didn't know for sure what the leather was like until we actually had the sneaker in hand. It's very difficult to to judge the quality of leather on a sneaker based on tactile and visual comparisons, since people's opinions are very subjective.  I agree that quality has been varied by pairs, as I too have seen Chicago's with and without tumbled leather (even though tumbled leather shouldn't be used as a marker for leather quality, just shows how it can vary).

But if these youtubers are saying that the CM 1s are at least of Chicago 1 quality, I would be happy and content with that.

Kixsquare OOS now after NDC handed out their L's 
indifferent.gif

I have both the Chicago 1s and the UNCs, while my brother has the SBBs (although I was the one who won the online raffle for him from NT Santa Monica, so I was the one who picked them up for him).

It's been widely said that the SBBs have the best leather (so far) out of all the 2015 NA releases, which is why the resell on them is still high, even for a non-OG colorway that many people don't like ("Home Depot 1s").

The UNCs were probably the least difficult in obtaining, but that probably had to do with the colorway that wasn't as appealing to many, and that people were claiming that the quality of leather was equal to or around the level of the Chicago's.

Make no mistake about it: If the leather on the UNCs were the same quality wise as the SBBs, the UNCs would be reselling as much as the SBBs. The same applies for the Chicago's, although resell were high on the Chicago's at first mainly because of the release drama that came with them. We can see that the Chicago's are slowly dipping in price with each restock.

In all cases, we really didn't know for sure what the leather was like until we actually had the sneaker in hand. It's very difficult to to judge the quality of leather on a sneaker based on tactile and visual comparisons, since people's opinions are very subjective.  I agree that quality has been varied by pairs, as I too have seen Chicago's with and without tumbled leather (even though tumbled leather shouldn't be used as a marker for leather quality, just shows how it can vary).

But if these youtubers are saying that the CM 1s are at least of Chicago 1 quality, I would be happy and content with that.
I didn't say the quality on the UNC's were the same as the SBBs. I was ranking them ( I have all 2015 1's that released this year) SBB is on the top then falling in line (which it's close because they're all similar) It goes (For me) SBB > UNC > CM's > Chicagos.(The CM's and the Chicagos can swap places they're that close) No one ever said the UNC's were the same leather as the SBBs.

Look at this ankle collar on the UNCs. I do have the CM's as well I posted a few pages back, see below the UNCs.

Last edited:

I didn't say the quality on the UNC's were the same as the SBBs. I was ranking them ( I have all 2015 1's that released this year) SBB is on the top then falling in line (which it's close because they're all similar) It goes (For me) SBB > UNC > CM's > Chicagos. No one ever said the UNC's were the same leather as the SBBs.

Look at this ankle collar on the UNCs. I do have the CM's as well I posted a few pages back, see below the UNCs.
I know you didn't say that, and I also know no one else has said that.  I was agreeing with you at how pairs can vary.

I was also simply stating that IF the UNCs were the same quality as the SBB, then the UNCs would be in more demand compared to how they are now.

I know you didn't say that, and I also know no one else has said that.  I was agreeing with you at how pairs can vary.

I was also simply stating that IF the UNCs were the same quality as the SBB, then the UNCs would be in more demand compared to how they are now.
Gotcha, it's all good bro. I think you're right about the UNC's not being that desired of a colorway.

Hell no
laugh.gif

Looking for black toes

And I only have two SBB paid more for both then what they been going for but realized I need black toes so open to trading them

People in here yesterday thought straight up its a good trade if I can find someone. Someone else said if they were my size they would do it
LOL my bad I read that wrong earlier

Exactly, people entering who aren't gonna buy and what not

Still think in store it should be easy. UNC sold out quick online but I was able to go kn store and be the only one waiting to grab em after late in the afternoon

I mean unc sold out very quick online too

Just gotta be quick

I remember fnl sold out super fast

Back
Top Bottom