Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Shadows were going for retail or close for months and months after they dropped. It wasnt until after breds dropped that prices on shadows started to really skyrocket. I had for pairs and got rid of all of them except my pair which is well well worn and i love. I gave one pair to my brother as a birthday gift and hes only worn em a handfull of times, his pair still looks ds...

I sold those other two pairs for little or no profit. If i could go back obviously i would. I need those pairs, the sole is starting to separate on my pair (i think i scrubbed too hard while cleaning the sole near the heel and i loosened some glue, i re glued the area though)

So much truth in this...

Dudes talk like shadows was crazy money two months after lol...

Stop with the fronting y'all.. Y'all ain't like shadows until y'all saw that new and improved price tag it's good for most of you to be honest.

So much truth in this...

Dudes talk like shadows was crazy money two months after lol...

Stop with the fronting y'all.. Y'all ain't like shadows until y'all saw that new and improved price tag it's good for most of you to be honest.

Don't know if that was directed at me but here's my 09 pair which is the reason I passed on the '13 pair.

Last edited:
couldnt get them when they released but got them off of NT buy/sell thread for $175 shipped about a month after release. i was very happy with my purchase and they went to work for sure. Even wore them when i took the wife to go horseback riding. Anyone else have black marks on the toe where the upper leather rubs on it near the last lace hole? i walk very much heel to toe so im getting those marks on all of my 1s, not a big deal just seeing beat 1s without those marks, i picture dudes walking like ducks to prevent it :lol:

couldnt get them when they released but got them off of NT buy/sell thread for $175 shipped about a month after release. i was very happy with my purchase and they went to work for sure. Even wore them when i took the wife to go horseback riding. Anyone else have black marks on the toe where the upper leather rubs on it near the last lace hole? i walk very much heel to toe so im getting those marks on all of my 1s, not a big deal just seeing beat 1s without those marks, i picture dudes walking like ducks to prevent it :lol:

Yeah I get black marks on mine too. They're easy to clean but so annoying lol.

And I still need me some black toes. I passed because I had the mids but they don't cut it any more.

I got real lucky with Blacktoes, was able to pick up an unclaimed pair after striking out on raffles and online.

Idk how black toes prices skyrocketed

I've seen consignment shops list them at $500 :smh:

I tried trading my SBb for black toes and not a single inquiry. Only other 2013 I need.

Smh

Yup

Quality wise.

To me, that's like trading Banneds for the 2013 Blk/red's

Last edited:
Idk how black toes prices skyrocketed

I've seen consignment shops list them at $500
mean.gif

I tried trading my SBb for black toes and not a single inquiry. Only other 2013 I need.

Smh
I replied then I would have but we're not size twins  
mean.gif

I agree with BabyJs SBBs are pure beauty 

Trash quality??? No most pairs pre-2013 were trash quality. 2013 is still decent. Just not as good as the current highs
To be fair he said compared to the remastered's, but I agree with you the 13's aren't the worst retro ever made. In fact until we got the 2015s they were actually pretty good IMO 

Last edited:

To be fair he said compared to the remastered's, but I agree with you the 13's aren't the worst retro ever made. In fact until we got the 2015s they were actually pretty good IMO 
I know but I'm still saying even compared to the remastered pairs, they aren't trash. If the 2013 pairs were trash, then what does that make the Chicago's that same year? Not every shoe out there has to be "fire" or "trash". 

If they made all OG cw's using the quality leather from the Banneds, or even the SBB's all over the shoe and not just in select areas = game over

I'd say, the heck with this bill :lol:

Last edited:
Trash in comparison... I own the royals, blk toes, breds and shadows from '13.. but 2015 are so much better to me

I know but I'm still saying even compared to the remastered pairs, they aren't trash. If the 2013 pairs were trash, then what does that make the Chicago's that same year? Not every shoe out there has to be "fire" or "trash". 
Agreed they def aren't trash, I always take the trash/fire comments on here with a grain of salt. Some people literally bash JB for some hanging stitching on here so it's always best to judge for oneself. The only thing I don't like about the 2013 is the height. Could the leather be better? Sure, but it's not plastic like the 2013 Vs 

Good thing no one inquired because, honestly, you would have lost on that trade

SBB's > BT's IMO, especially since most BT's were b-grades

I have 2 pair of SBB and quality aside I don't care. I paid $400 and $365 each.

I just want black toes

I think the guy with the Chicago's is gonna flake on me now 
mean.gif
 gonna wait it out and see what happens but it's not looking good so far

Can't worry too much since I have something else coming in next week

I think the guy with the Chicago's is gonna flake on me now 
mean.gif
 gonna wait it out and see what happens but it's not looking good so far

Can't worry too much since I have something else coming in next week
Fam are you going for the same Chi's from Kixify? LOL

Caught a deal with the black toes, wore them a bunch and then sold to the homie. I wasn't that impressed with the quality and feel (maybe I had a bunk pair) and decided to part with them.

'13 B/Red, '15 Chi's and Laser's are in my AJ1 rotation as of late

Back
Top Bottom