• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Didn't think anyone would catch that :lol:

But from what is being said and PS'd to, they will look similar to these

In on both pairs...

I read one post where dude was SOOO mad that they only made 3 pairs [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji]

I read one post where dude was SOOO mad that they only made 3 pairs [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji]
I just seen on twitter that they released 39 pairs to the public
roll.gif
. Glad I stayed home and over slept.  Even i I had made it out there at 5 and lucked out  I wouldnt feel right getting them when I know over 39 people was camping from yesterday.

Just my take on it but could it mean there's 2 more to release maybe?
Because no one here went crazy over 2 simple colorways
thought it could be a 'series' thing ... but the pre-scuffed 4s (pack) already released so this would have been 2/3. oh wait....it's how many suitors the main character had in She's Gotta Have It.  -___-

This is a collection piece for the 30+ crowd.
In a perfect world, those who obtain a pair would actually know who spike lee/mars Blackmon is[emoji]129300[/emoji]
The 39 pairs released is probably significant because that's the average age of the people who have actually seen the movie

This is a collection piece for the 30+ crowd.
In a perfect world, those who obtain a pair would actually know who spike lee/mars Blackmon is[emoji]129300[/emoji]
The 39 pairs released is probably significant because that's the average age of the people who have actually seen the movie
wouldn't this be ALL retros ... I mean only the 30+ crowd actually saw Jordan in his prime play. I like blue and think a navy/black 1 coulda work (i'm thinking of the BAPE/1 custom) ... but this isn't a well executed piece particularly at the price point. I think, outside of NYU where he teaches, most film schools speak on or show She's Gotta Have It as a seminal Af-Am filmwork so folks probably have seen it in the under 30 crowd -- it definitely is not his most well known piece.  

now im seeing this  looks like some people have to wait for their pairs and paid in cash.

so spike lee took peoples money and gave them nothing? sounds about right LOL. spike been jigging people for yeaaaaaaaaaars. how u think he was able to make movies that kept failing one after the other, and STILL kept making em? 18 failures.

he took donations, not investments. aka u give him money u get nothing. if the film bombs  you lost ya money and he loses nothing. if the film does great, you still lost ya money and get nothing and he gets richer
laugh.gif

he didnt even give those people a reciept, so if ish hits the fan and those people dont get shoes, how they gonna prove they paid spike?

Last edited:

so spike lee took peoples money and gave them nothing? sounds about right LOL. spike been jigging people for yeaaaaaaaaaars. how u think he was able to make movies that kept failing one after the other, and STILL kept making em?

he took donations, not investments. aka u give him money u get nothing.

he didnt even give those people a reciept, so if ish hits the fan and those people dont get shoes, how they gonna prove they paid spike?
They on a list and its jordanbrand/ spike lee's brand on the line.  proof is easy record yourself giving them the money.  Thats brutal bet people had to run to the atm when they heard its cash only. Atleast jordan and spike got their free advertising from all the thirsty people that went to camp since yesterday afternoon.

so spike lee took peoples money and gave them nothing? sounds about right LOL. spike been jigging people for yeaaaaaaaaaars. how u think he was able to make movies that kept failing one after the other, and STILL kept making em?

he took donations, not investments. aka u give him money u get nothing.

They on a list and its jordanbrand/ spike lee's brand on the line.  proof is easy record yourself giving them the money.  Thats brutal bet people had to run to the atm when they heard its cash only. Atleast jordan and spike got their free advertising from all the thirsty people that went to camp since yesterday afternoon.
jordan brand would care. i honestly dont think spike would.

nobody should have to record themselves giving them the money so they can have proof that they did. give out reciepts like any normal business does when money exchanges hands. can you imagine if businesses all over started saying "oh no we dont give reciepts anymore. youre gonna have to figure out a way to protect yourself and prove we had a transaction"

nobody should have to record themselves giving them the money so they can have proof that they did. give out reciepts like any normal business does when money exchanges hands. can you imagine if businesses all over started saying "oh no we dont give reciepts anymore. youre gonna have to figure out a way to protect yourself and prove we had a transaction"
yeah its crazy. I dont agree with what they did. I hope people write letters to Jordan brand about how poorly this release was handled.  I had a feeling it was going to be like this because the kaws release was hectic and the info for that wasnt even tweeted out. they tweeked out all the info for these way ahead of time so I  had a feeling it was going to be a bad release.

yeah its crazy. I dont agree with what they did. I hope people write letters to Jordan brand about how poorly this release was handled.  I had a feeling it was going to be like this because the kaws release was hectic and the info for that wasnt even tweeted out. they tweeked out all the info for these way ahead of time so I  had a feeling it was going to be a bad release.
lets say youre 1 of the ones who paid and didnt record....u wait and wait and dont get shoes. you contact them and ask whats going on and they tell you they dont see your name on the list....what do you do?
roll.gif

They bungled the Kaws release as well, but they eventually made it right. My boy was one of the people who's pairs got oversold. They took their info. He finally got them last month

lets say youre 1 of the ones who paid and didnt record....u wait and wait and dont get shoes. you contact them and ask whats going on and they tell you they dont see your name on the list....what do you do?
roll.gif
im not dumb enough to not get transaction on film. if you take a leap of faith and you fail thats on you. But the best answer is to see if anyone else got ripped off and try work it out as a group.

wait, they only took cash? nobody got the shoes AND no receipts?!!!....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats that Brooklyn finesse in full effect 

Last edited:

wait, they only took cash? nobody got the shoes AND no receipts?!!!....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats the Brooklyn finesse in full effect 
thats so messed up if they didnt have an atm in the store. imagine camping and they tell you no credit/debit. I would be livid 

This is the perfect example of why you shouldn't take this sneaker stuff too seriously. Dudes lining up since yesterday. :lol: I'm not mad at resellers getting jigged honestly. :lol:

Last edited:
Plenty of Bodega ATMs and bank branded ATMs in the area ... but not sure why after the 'dust up' at Barclays this week in broad daylight why you would have folks holding cash (11,700 worth of it) just to avoid paying taxes on the sales. This could have easily been done as a pre-order through an established digital medium such as PayPal. 

Back
Top Bottom