• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
4908A6D5-0AD1-4868-AC30-5A82E5F670B9.jpeg

I wear the hell out of them. I appreciate wearing them so much more than recent releases, they carry more worth to me. if they need restoring then they get whatever is needed, otherwise they stay with their aged look.

The 2016-17 Black/Red,and Black/Royal 1,s are prone to glitter way more than there 2013 releases. All of my 2013 pairs havent had this problem. My 2016,s Black/Red and Black/Royal pairs have started getting little spots of glitter the past 2 weeks. I checked my 2013,s pairs and non of them have glitter yet. There stored in a cool/cold area. So temperature has nothing to do with it. Ive come to the conclusion that its the leather that they used on the Black part of the shoes on this last release. There more prone to get glitter than the 2013 release. I washed the spots off of my 2016,s pairs with soap and water and then i used leather conditioner to erase the glitter off.

After you use any treatment that has been suggested on this site to clean the glitter off. Do not,i repeate do not put them back in any type of closed box or in closer. Seems like when air is closed off in any type of box. It makes the glitter situation spread even more to other parts of the shoe after youve used any type of of product to clear it up. The 1 pair of 2016,s i put back in box after getting the glitter off became worse when i took them out the next day. The pairs i left outside of there box. Haven't gotten the glitter back. All of mine are DS. Sold my extra pairs of 2016,s because i dont want the future headache of always cleaning and repeating the process of getting the glitter off over and over.

I have 1 pair each of Black/Red and Black/Royal that im starting to beat up now. Everything else is 2013,s for me. I know people who cant unload DS 2016,s pairs because of this problem. Seems like the 2013,s dont have this problem once youve corrected it. I haven't had this problem at all with my 2013,s. Good luck to everybody who bought alot of 2016 pairs. Because your going to run into this problem eventually. I wonder whats going to happen in a year or 2 when resellers and cosignment shops start seeing that white cloudy spots on different parts of these 1,s. Then when they clean it off or wipe it theres glitter that reappears afterwards. Its sad because i like the materials better off of 2016 release. Its something up with the Black leather there using on the recent release. Get ready for the headache if you have them. My only suggestion is take them out of any type of box or incloser.

Well, I hate to bear bad news, but it looks like glittergate has returned. A few of my shoes are showing the signs.
The leather honey does not prevent it.
Still, I highly recommend it as it makes the leather look real nice.
The search continues for a solution. Somebody recommended car wax or something, can said person comment?

Sorry to hear my man. While you were schooling us on The Leather Honey; I copped Weiman Leather Wipes. I've used the wipes once on my Blk/Red pair and they removed all signs of glitter. I'll keep you guys updated if the glitter returns, which I am anticipating it will at some point.

P4P in LA closed down recently too. I came up cashing out from them a year or two ago, but always felt they were shady af.

The 2016-17 Black/Red,and Black/Royal 1,s are prone to glitter way more than there 2013 releases. All of my 2013 pairs havent had this problem. My 2016,s Black/Red and Black/Royal pairs have started getting little spots of glitter the past 2 weeks. I checked my 2013,s pairs and non of them have glitter yet. There stored in a cool/cold area. So temperature has nothing to do with it. Ive come to the conclusion that its the leather that they used on the Black part of the shoes on this last release. There more prone to get glitter than the 2013 release. I washed the spots off of my 2016,s pairs with soap and water and then i used leather conditioner to erase the glitter off.

After you use any treatment that has been suggested on this site to clean the glitter off. Do not,i repeate do not put them back in any type of closed box or in closer. Seems like when air is closed off in any type of box. It makes the glitter situation spread even more to other parts of the shoe after youve used any type of of product to clear it up. The 1 pair of 2016,s i put back in box after getting the glitter off became worse when i took them out the next day. The pairs i left outside of there box. Haven't gotten the glitter back. All of mine are DS. Sold my extra pairs of 2016,s because i dont want the future headache of always cleaning and repeating the process of getting the glitter off over and over.

I have 1 pair each of Black/Red and Black/Royal that im starting to beat up now. Everything else is 2013,s for me. I know people who cant unload DS 2016,s pairs because of this problem. Seems like the 2013,s dont have this problem once youve corrected it. I haven't had this problem at all with my 2013,s. Good luck to everybody who bought alot of 2016 pairs. Because your going to run into this problem eventually. I wonder whats going to happen in a year or 2 when resellers and cosignment shops start seeing that white cloudy spots on different parts of these 1,s. Then when they clean it off or wipe it theres glitter that reappears afterwards. Its sad because i like the materials better off of 2016 release. Its something up with the Black leather there using on the recent release. Get ready for the headache if you have them. My only suggestion is take them out of any type of box or incloser.
only pair I have that got the glitters are the 2013 shadow. None of the bred or royals from 13 or 16/17 get it... Its a mystery bug not a big deal imo as it takes less than a minute a shoe to get it off.

Off topic but what’s the best price to list SBB 1.0 at? Tryna avoid goat because the all the fees and now more fees when doing bank transfer so..

Size 10.5/11

I wear the hell out of them. I appreciate wearing them so much more than recent releases, they carry more worth to me. if they need restoring then they get whatever is needed, otherwise they stay with their aged look.

I gotta ask, what do shoes that old smell like? :nerd:

Releasing this October is FOUR Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG options inspired by popular flavors of the Thirst Quencher drink. Orange, Lemon-Lime and what appears to be blue and purple will be part of the collection, possibly in tonal colorways. The Air Jordan 1 appeared in the unforgettable “23 vs. 39” ad in which a 39-year-old recently un-retired Michael Jordan went one-one-one with a 23-year-old Jordan wearing the Air Jordan 1.

Air Jordan 1 Retro High “G8RD”
Release Date: October 2017

$175
Color: Orange Peel/Orange Peel
Style Code: AJ5997-880

$175
Color: Blue Lagoon/Blue Lagoon
Style Code: AJ5997-455

$175
Color: Rush Violet/Rush Violet
Style Code: AJ5997-555

$175
Color: Cyber/Cyber
Style Code: AJ5997-345

VIA: SneakerNews

Every Gatorade colorway has been trash... the 6s are a joke, and these 1s will be no different

Back
Top Bottom