Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Some guy is selling fake 8.5 SBB on eBay for $350. Even said they were fake but they’re close enough lmao.

There is real and there is fake. There is no in between.

And $350 for some fake J's is some straight bull *** ****. Does that seller think he can charge a tax for being honest about dishonest shoes?

It’s alright

Say bye bye to that 100% feedback

Just a suggestion but I say set your PayPal account to "pay at delivery" if not done already and buy the shows at full cost to secure them.

The pay at delivery option will give you some time to check them out before your payment goes through.

If happy, keep one and sell one or keep both. Win either way.

Last edited:
This is why I like stockx or goat, less of this junk dealing with people individually. It's weird he backed out, and then put it back up for the same price. You would think maybe he was looking for more $$$

Ebay typically favors the buyer though, so not sure if you could even get ebay involved to still get em, but then he may mess with the shoes before shipping them out, so probably not worth it in the end.

The negative with Stockx and Goat though are their return policies (or lack thereof). Stockx doesn't accept returns and Goat gives you 3 days to notify them of a return.

With eBay you can at least filter through for sellers who accept returns if you desire and you have the added protection of "pay after delivery" with PayPal.

The negative with Stockx and Goat though are their return policies (or lack thereof). Stockx doesn't accept returns and Goat gives you 3 days to notify them of a return.

With eBay you can at least filter through for sellers who accept returns if you desire and you have the added protection of "pay after delivery" with PayPal.
Yeah I recently learned the hard way about StockX policy. I had to resort to social media because they authenticated a pair of the worst looking georgetown 11s that I have ever seen. I'm buying from GOAT from now on. 3 days is plenty of time to dissect a show and decide if you want them. You just paid resale for a shoe and you not gone inspect them ASAP???

Yeah I recently learned the hard way about StockX policy. I had to resort to social media because they authenticated a pair of the worst looking georgetown 11s that I have ever seen. I'm buying from GOAT from now on. 3 days is plenty of time to dissect a show and decide if you want them. You just paid resale for a shoe and you not gone inspect them ASAP???

were there ridiculous defects? i was thinking of ordering a pair of UNC retro 1s from stockx cause my size is like 280 on goat but 215 on stockx. but only thing that kept me from doing so was my concern about getting a crap pair and no returns allowed.

You be the judge. Severely deformed right sole and mold, ink or whatever that is growing in the left inside sole. These were supposed to be DS too.

They did allow returns after this post so I thanked them for that. I understand they have no return policy BUT, you can't authenticate defected products if that's the case. The shoe shouldn't have been sold on the resale market at all! I wouldn't even have paid retail

Quick stock x question. How long does seller have to ship to stock x to be authenticated and does stock x always notify you when the seller ships to them?

I’ve made a couple sales through goat recently after using eBay for years and I gotta say a lot less of a hassle shipping to them and I got paid pretty quickly

The first and only pair of shoes I bought via stockx was a pair of Lance Mountain 1s. They came creased up but DS/factory laced. I don't care about that **** like some folks I've read about on this forum since I was going to wear, but I don't like their system. 1) My bid got accepted after a $25 off coupon expired and 2) you can't see the shoe before you receive it. For sellers I'm sure stockx is great. But the fact that I can't see photos of what I'm buying beforehand is BS.

that's very minor on those 11's up there. if this upsets you, best to go to a consignment shop so see what you are buying, but pay the extra premium. IMO

that's very minor on those 11's up there. if this upsets you, best to go to a consignment shop so see what you are buying, but pay the extra premium. IMO
That's your opinion. That's not minor to me. Those are visible defects that can't be corrected. A paint chip is minor. Creasing is minor. Simple scratch on patent leather is minor. Those pebble bumps on patent leather is minor(which is common on 11 lows). This is crap purely defective. And I didn't even show the patent cuts. To each his own but will never except any Jordan 11 like this and neither should anyone else. These are THE definition of a B grade that should be shipped to an outlet.

Anyways I'm done talking about this topic as its been handled. Lets get back to OG 1s. Man those wheats are looking good! They looking like a bacon and egg sandwich(in my Bernie Mac voice)

Can't stunt I've considered selling some of my glittergate bred 1s that I have stock piled on stockX
That’s a valid thing man. I’m trying to get enough money off my sbb 1s to where I can get used frags. I might not consider selling if it wasn’t for glittergate.
I prob won’t sell my precious banneds or any other og.

Well, I hate to bear bad news, but it looks like glittergate has returned. A few of my shoes are showing the signs.
The leather honey does not prevent it.
Still, I highly recommend it as it makes the leather look real nice.
The search continues for a solution. Somebody recommended car wax or something, can said person comment?
Can you fill me on glitter gate? Im sitting on 2 pairs of shattereds, is something happening to the leather over time?

Can you fill me on glitter gate? Im sitting on 2 pairs of shattereds, is something happening to the leather over time?
In a nutshell, any aj1 with a black based paint can start to develop a glitter like substance on it.
Not all of them do this, but many do regardless of condition and environment.
We’ve been trying to mitigate the problem, but everything we have done only leads to the problem re occurring.
The glitter wipes off, yeah, but comes back, leading most of us to think there’s nothing can be done.
It’s most likely related to the type of dye or paint they use.

0F383549-6CB2-4EC4-86DC-3E6EEF3A2E71.jpeg
9BE920C9-7288-421B-81F2-1A53CFBF8785.jpeg

It’s not mold it’s the same glittery precipitate from the black part. It wipes right off but like others said, it will eventually come back.

Back
Top Bottom