Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The part where he’s not making sense is in that he’s saying he customized a $200 pair of shoes, but if I’m looking at stockx correctly, and I know that’s not the only measure of what a shoe costs, they’re going for well over $1K. So he basically turned a $1k sneaker into breds (in the 85 mold). Yeah he paid $200 but he could turn that into 1K with 3 clicks.
Not to mention the work and hassle of customizing/painting almost an entire shoe. Most people wouldn’t want to mess with that, plus the worry of fx’ing up an expensive shoe.

bottom line is if he’s happy, let him do him
I said I paid $200. As soon as I wear the shoe Stockx prices are out of the question anyways. My size 12 has gone down over the past month or so. prices went from a high of around 800 to around 550 now. My size was never worth $1000. I wear my sneakers. This is the closest to og imo. To get a shoe as close to og as this I would have to actually buy an og which would cost me way more than $1000.The irony is too much to ignore.

The part where he’s not making sense is in that he’s saying he customized a $200 pair of shoes, but if I’m looking at stockx correctly, and I know that’s not the only measure of what a shoe costs, they’re going for well over $1K. So he basically turned a $1k sneaker into breds (in the 85 mold). Yeah he paid $200 but he could turn that into 1K with 3 clicks.
Not to mention the work and hassle of customizing/painting almost an entire shoe. Most people wouldn’t want to mess with that, plus the worry of fx’ing up an expensive shoe.

People who are criticizing this dude are also conveniently ignoring the fact that the vast majority of people would prefer the bred cw over the pair he customized.

those look great man and you got what you wanted. forget what anyone else is saying. what was your process?
Tape job is everything on a custom. As long as you do a great job with that, this kindof color change is easy. I used flat black and I mixed varsity red with red to get a decent match.angelus matte finisher and a light coat of krylon matte finisher. I was quoted 150 to do it. I had some experience so I gave it a shot. Not that serious.

you're not looking at stockx correctly....theyre not close to $1k

2020-04-06_12-00-07.png

that being said....your point still stands, it's an expensive base shoe for a customization that takes time/effort/money, that many people just wouldn't do.

How's everyone getting CP I's on Saturday.. Foot Apps have been utterly useless since the beginning of 2020 lol.

How's everyone getting CP I's on Saturday.. Foot Apps have been utterly useless since the beginning of 2020 lol.
Hoping for early access later this week on Snkrs like they did the Pines. If not then I'll try all the usual suspects at 10 on Saturday.

Tape job is everything on a custom. As long as you do a great job with that, this kindof color change is easy. I used flat black and I mixed varsity red with red to get a decent match.angelus matte finisher and a light coat of krylon matte finisher. I was quoted 150 to do it. I had some experience so I gave it a shot. Not that serious.
any stripping/priming of the original finish or you just went straight over?

And you know that 85 black and reds will be released

along with Royals, Chicago's....

I’m liking what you did to the ‘85s chaseme5 chaseme5 . I’m personally not a custom type of guy (not doing it myself, and I’m weird about someone else doing it to my own pairs), but you definitely improved the ‘85s IMO.

Back
Top Bottom