Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Welp , didn’t care to hit , but I did !! Will be a in hand decision if I keep or sell.

1599837960383.png

At this point, I really think that people are buying stuff just to buy stuff. Those Jordan Craters (not the 1s but the other ones that dropped today) are also sold out and I know if those would have dropped when the Jordan Reveal, Eclipse and other JB lifestyle sneakers were released like 2-3 years, I think they would not have sold out as quickly as they did (even with the whole This is Trash campaign behind them).
AGREED. Even the brick and mortar stores are out of stock of anything Retro that was sitting for months prior to the Pandemic. SNKRS used to automatic for me now it’s more hit than miss and FLX ..... I haven’t hit anything since it started.

AGREED. Even the brick and mortar stores are out of stock of anything Retro that was sitting for months prior to the Pandemic. SNKRS used to automatic for me now it’s more hit than miss and FLX ..... I haven’t hit anything since it started.
The actual stores are just a sad site to see for real! Most of them have "filler" sneakers on display and if they do have something good, they are not on the shelf and are in the back. I got a couple of sneakers due to asking if they could check if another store had them and they told me that they actually had them but there was no display out for them. I think to prevent crowds, some stores are not putting the "good" stuff on display.

I don't know if the heights are the same on the Mid and OG High. They could be but its still going to be a lot of effort to put into a shoe that still isn't going to be the 1 high.

I think resell prices are insane in general and honestly I would either pass on the Chicago all together until a retro drops or cop one of the Chi variants that have dropped over the last couple of years (Origins, LA to Chi). Even then I think resell prices are ridiculous but its not the insane price people want for the OG. The cost for the variants is tolerable and at least then you have a true High top version of Chis.

Its your bread and time so you are more than welcome to be like "screw Sneakaprince he doesn't know what he's talking about" but I would just skip a shoe or two and go for the variant if you gotta have a Chi.

And I don't hate mids. I just think you should let them be what they are.
You’re better off getting a decent quality shoe like the Bloodlines and customizing that, tbh.

At this point, I really think that people are buying stuff just to buy stuff. Those Jordan Craters (not the 1s but the other ones that dropped today) are also sold out and I know if those would have dropped when the Jordan Reveal, Eclipse and other JB lifestyle sneakers were released like 2-3 years ago, they probably would not have sold out as quickly as they did (even with the whole This is Trash campaign behind them).

The $600/week unemployment coupled with the Last Dance hype definitely pushed more sellouts as well. Things have come down a little bit but, I agree, it’s still nowhere near pre-pandemic levels where you could get releases like the What The 4s and Seattle 10s on discount like I did. On the bright side, if the economy tanks, so will a lot of resell prices so those of us with stable jobs can circle back and pickup some more of the releases we missed.

X XXXXX - you're right. It's a weird trend, but it's not making any sense at all. There are things that are automatically selling out on SNKRS while they are sitting on other boutiques. Maybe not Jordans per se, but if you look at the ISPA Overreacts that just released yesterday or the ISPA Drifters, they're both sold out yet they're available through other websites. The **** these bot-driven "resellers" doing pulling noob moves for?

Despite my rant, I'm glad I was able to get these through SNKRS although I admit I did buy early through Shinzo since I noticed it was only releasing through SNKRS and we ALL know how anything "SNKRS only" goes unfortunately... Not a comfortable premium to pay after conversion and foreign fees, but it shall be what it shall be.

The $600/week unemployment coupled with the Last Dance hype definitely pushed more sellouts as well. Things have come down a little bit but, I agree, it’s still nowhere near pre-pandemic levels where you could get releases like the What The 4s and Seattle 10s on discount like I did. On the bright side, if the economy tanks, so will a lot of resell prices so those of us with stable jobs can circle back and pickup some more of the releases we missed.
All. Of. THIS! The Last Dance documentary definitely hyped up a lot of stuff that normally would have sat for a little bit. Then mix in the FOMO within some people and we have these crazy sellouts since the pandemic started. I miss when I could get some Jordans and most Nikes at a discount also and not have to make a mad dash for my phone or laptop for every single release if I even want to attempt to cop. I mean, the more limited drops (like the What The 5s that are dropping soon) are always a shytshow, but for GR releases to sell out the way they have been and all these crazy raffles is insane.

Craters didn't release anywhere else besides Nike and a few overseas sites, these are very limited you will see by years and 500 plus
Judging by the numbers here, I’d say they’re on pair with the Court Purple 2 as far as numbers go. Less available than the Smoke Greys.

X XXXXX - you're right. It's a weird trend, but it's not making any sense at all. There are things that are automatically selling out on SNKRS while they are sitting on other boutiques. Maybe not Jordans per se, but if you look at the ISPA Overreacts that just released yesterday or the ISPA Drifters, they're both sold out yet they're available through other websites. The **** these bot-driven "resellers" doing pulling noob moves for?

Despite my rant, I'm glad I was able to get these through SNKRS although I admit I did buy early through Shinzo since I noticed it was only releasing through SNKRS and we ALL know how anything "SNKRS only" goes unfortunately... Not a comfortable premium to pay after conversion and foreign fees, but it shall be what it shall be.
Nike is known to do fake sellouts on certain products via SNKRS. Maybe it is to hype up the shoe (making it look "better" if it is sold out and not sitting), but it is hella suspect when I see certain sneakers just sitting and quacking like ducks on other sites with a damn near FSR while SNKRS is sold out.

As for the Craters, I did notice that mainly boutiques overseas got them and I was ready to buy them from Overkill if I was not able to get from SNKRS. It makes me wonder though why Nike would think to only have these available in the US via SNKRS but have them a little more available in Europe.

Good looking out on the international link but I passed. Was trying to use a gift card and don’t want them that bad. On to the next one.

Good looking out on the international link but I passed. Was trying to use a gift card and don’t want them that bad. On to the next one.
I feel you! After this drop, I am good on Jordan 1s for quite a while. Most people want the Mochas, but I never wanted those so I will be cheering people on to get the W on those.

Craters, Navy JP and Carmines were the last 3 AJ’s on my list before I bow out (that’s what I tell myself, at least).

Thought the Craters were a guaranty this morning bc I saw no buzz anywhere for them and still took an L. Ended up having to go secondary market. Depressing.

Is there a thread for the Jordan 1 zoom Craters ( space hippies )?
I have been looking to see if there is a thread for those also. I have not found it on here, but I would think somebody will create one since they drop next week.

I couldn't find one either.

But I'm honestly more interested in the crater slides.

I checked for them this morning on the Nike App and they weren't coming up in a search. Checked a few hours later and they were sold out. Hoping its a fake sell out as I haven't seen anywhere else to cop.

This is what I envision too

Back
Top Bottom