Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I don't care about "flexing" hype kicks much anymore. The game is done. I'm bored. I rather 4x the 25 and i can always buy the kicks again later if i want. What's the point in having 25k rotting in my closet? I'ma still have like 100 pairs, just not all the hype stuff. The hype stuff is mostly to flex bc "u ain't got dese"

Exactly. Invest it into real estate or something that’ll grow.

God forbid someone decide to sell their shoes though :lol:

Agreed...we can have it all...shoes and investments. My wife and I have been focussing on our rental property portfolio, but we still buy other things we want. The point is that if you don't have extra cash flow to spend, and have $25K worth of shoes just sitting DS that you don't intend to wear, cash out and put that money to work.

I've got about 65 pairs, with only a handful DS that I haven't gotten to yet, but plan to. It stresses me out sometimes that they're slowly rotting away. Can't wait to get back into the office so I can wear them again. Really only buying must haves now, or the odd one that strikes my interest; probably 50 would be more reasonable, but to each their own.

I agree it'll simplify things for you in regards to having to go through stacks of shoes to wear, etc.

As far as it making you avoid "bad financial decisions", thats where you lose me.

You either good with money or you aint.

Having 3 pair of shoes in your rotation won't stop a cat who is bad with money from continuing to be bad with money.

I get what you're saying too. No arguments from me. I just wanted out really....my situation had nothing to do with making bad financial decisions. Never have and never will. We don't speak for others tho.

I don't care about "flexing" hype kicks much anymore. The game is done. I'm bored. I rather 4x the 25 and i can always buy the kicks again later if i want. What's the point in having 25k rotting in my closet? I'ma still have like 100 pairs, just not all the hype stuff. The hype stuff is mostly to flex bc "u ain't got dese"

In fairness, they ain't rotting. They are still increasing in value in there. I'd still cash out if I was you tho obviously. I just don't care for the hype or the "game" anymore either. I got what I need and can get what I want, it was simply time for other endeavors.

All online platforms send tax info, they are changing the thresholds drastically in the near future though:

PO

Was gonna post this too but was too lazy to google the articles last night. If you're wanting to cash out using SX, GOAT, or eBay, it will be a lot easier to do that this year.

Or get cash locally

Also my take on the whole "cashing" out:

I personally have a lot of shoes (samples/PE's) that are worth ALOT of money, but I don't need that money to better my life. I enjoy my collection because I enjoy the product & the stories or memories attached to it. So, I rather keep my shoes unless I get some ridiculous offer that doesn't make sense for me to keep (3X more than market value etc).

But I don't blame anyone else who does it or chooses too, because their financial situation is not the same as mine or their genuine interest for shoes may different now. I'd even recommend it if it will help propel your life positively. Money like that is life changing for a lot of people, so why not take advantage? Do what you gotta do.

PO

Last edited:
All online platforms send tax info, they are changing the thresholds drastically in the near future though:

PO

Thanks for sharing the link. That's a pretty severe decrease in the threshold. Resellers will likely continue as is, however, for us casual folks just selling used or new shoes we no longer want, but at a net profit, will take a hit on these taxes....It's always the little guy that gets screwed...SMFH.

I've been at the point where I know I have too many kicks and besides AJ1's, I only buy 3-4 kicks a year if that. But loving the AJ 1 is the problem for me because it's so many that drop that I like.

I've been at the point where I know I have too many kicks and besides AJ1's, I only buy 3-4 kicks a year if that. But loving the AJ 1 is the problem for me because it's so many that drop that I like.
d dot 23 d dot 23 be getting weak at the sight of a wings logo and swoosh
1620935443543.jpeg

Also my take on the whole "cashing" out:

I personally have a lot of shoes (samples/PE's) that are worth ALOT of money, but I don't need that money to better my life. I enjoy my collection because I enjoy the product & the stories or memories attached to it. So, I rather keep my shoes unless I get some ridiculous offer that doesn't make sense for me to keep (3X more than market value etc).

But I don't blame anyone else who does it or chooses too, because their financial situation is not the same as mine or their genuine interest for shoes may different now. I'd even recommend it if it will help propel your life positively. Money like that is life changing for a lot of people, so why not take advantage? Do what you gotta do.

PO
there are no "memories" attached to off whites, frags, unions, etc. just hype. i don't necessarily "need that money better my life," but for most of the aforementioned pairs, i care more about the value than actually wearing them at this point. that said, although they will gain value sitting in my closet, they won't 4 - 10x in value anytime soon like my crypto portfolio has done since november. all the classic stuff like 88s, bc3, bred 4s, bred 11s concords, SJs, breds, royals, BTs, etc. will all remain so, yea..

Last edited:
Reactions: DAV
there are no "memories" attached to off whites, frags, unions, etc. just hype. i don't necessarily "need that money better my life," but for most of the aforementioned pairs, i care more about the value than actually wearing them at this point. that said, although they will gain value sitting in my closet, they won't 4 - 10x in value anytime soon like my crypto portfolio has done since november. all the classic stuff like 88s, bc3, bred 4s, bred 11s concords, SJs, breds, royals, BTs, etc. will all remain so, yea..

I was talking about myself, but seems like you have made your decision regarding your situation. I'd follow through and execute now then.

Just remember stocks/crypto don't always trend upward forever. It goes up & down. So just be smart there as well. Good luck with the process.

PO

At the end of the day....do what you'll enjoy. If the sneakers no longer bring you happiness the way they used to, find something that does. Devote the energy into something you'll find invigorating and meaningful. Life's too short to dwell on these decisions and things that no longer bring the fulfillment they once did.

it’s weird cus they still bring joy but also not.
we used to sit around for hours talking about sneakers and life.
really felt like a members only club.

now the conversations are pretty much focused around how hard it is to get shoes. And everyone is having that same convo cus we all taking the same L the same way. Not even a cool story to go with the L lol.

it’s such an odd space when something you been doing for 10+ years all of a sudden changes into a completely different thing.

NT is all there is left of the old world.

Back
Top Bottom