Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I know this is off topic but to continue the convo from a few days ago, I just wanted to throw this in here. I was going through some old stuff looking for my Gameboy Adv SP as I'm testing out my newly purchased Retron 5 and came across my collection of clothing tags from back in day. Don't mind me but it was one of my hobbies I guess, lol!!
20211002_085719.jpg

Went to the Nike Store today and walked by some 20-something frat douche with a giant foot long patch of his thigh exposed on his black skinny jeans.🤮
He was wearing the mochas. First time seeing them in person. Really glad I never succumbed to the temptation to pay resell for these. Nice-looking shoe, but not wildly impressive on feet imo.

...no way they worth $500.

Went to the Nike Store today and walked by some 20-something frat douche with a giant foot long patch of his thigh exposed on his black skinny jeans.🤮
He was wearing the mochas. First time seeing them in person. Really glad I never succumbed to the temptation to pay resell for these. Nice-looking shoe, but not wildly impressive on feet imo.

Maybe it was the mix of thigh meat that messed it up for you 😂

I think I'm in the lower percentile with this, but I never cared for the Mocha because I always thought they were overvalued.

I recall there were shipment issues with those, which compounded the problem with those last October. I remember going to the Montebello Mall, and I only found out by accident that Saturday about their release because I had to walk in the Foot Locker to make a return and I saw a printed sign that acknowledged they didn't have them due to shipping issues. And I only remembered that weekend because the Dodgers won the 2020 WS earlier that week.

I was surprised about the resale value on those after they released.

The only time I ever saw them worn was during last Christmastime when I went to Topanga Mall to browse around and make a couple of returns. I saw a nice young lady who was the store manager wearing them when I had to return something in Foot Locker.

So I saw that store manager again this past May when I went back to visit that mall, and she acknowledged she had to pay only $200 for her pair on the secondary market because she couldn't get them within her company. I assumed she got hers within her company, especially since store managers have higher priority for limited or sought after stuff. Although it sucked she could get them for retail, or with a discount if they weren't excluded, at least $200 is way better than $500 and up for those.

It sucks that people had to go through hell to get them. It seemed like the secondary market was the only option with those unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom