Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
IMG_0413.jpeg
IMG_0411.jpeg
Black laces!!!!

2DBB1E22-7330-4167-B15F-6BBA5F72BF7D.gif

lol I don’t see what is so shocking or even new here. Plus I thought we heard they were gonna be more originally. Now all the outrage? It’s an easy pass but didn’t see it for the Diors 😂

lol I don’t see what is so shocking or even new here. Plus I thought we heard they were gonna be more originally. Now all the outrage? It’s an easy pass but didn’t see it for the Diors 😂
I feel like with Diors, JB was trying to get the interest of hypebeasts. With this one, they're trying to get more of the sneakerhead community's attention. They're stupid as hell if they think we'll pay that much for those. What idiot at JB thought this was a good idea?

Why? they’re probably limited and will sell out either way
You're right that they're probably limited (or going to be heavily discounted if they actually thinking they can move these in GR AJ 1 OG High numbers) however, if they dropped in mid 2020-2021, they could have moved way more pairs for this absurd retail price during that time.

Not saying Diors aren't at all, but I never would've paid the $2000 retail.
Exactly. What does it matter what the exact demographic is? Jordans were never shoes I bought because of the price tag attached or consider expensive shoes. But they’ve done luxury drops from time to time.

I feel like if someone is focusing negativity at the price tag and the brand being out of touch… they’re not being realistic at the dozens of 100-150 discounted J’s this past year and hundreds of retros releasing every year now when you include collabs and women’s releases. Haven’t even been any collabs outside of TS1s that have hit 4 figures on the secondary market in the past year.

It may not be for me but it’s such a tiny release in the grand scheme it isn’t a commentary on much of anything about the brand.

To be fair, the more recent collabs that you find discounted or not hitting 4 figures is due to them being outright lazy and/or trash.

And the hundreds of regular joints that u find now for cheap are because they beat the horse to death.

1s were coming out once a week it felt like.

It finally caught up.

To be fair, the more recent collabs that you find discounted or not hitting 4 figures is due to them being outright lazy and/or trash.

And the hundreds of regular joints that u find now for cheap are because they beat the horse to death.

1s were coming out once a week it felt like.

It finally caught up.
This is like 99% of releases though lol

Do any of you have a grail on your list that’s clearly out of your price range, but might be gettable if you buckle down and save for a year or so?

Most of the grails in my list are so expensive that it seems unrealistic that i’ll ever be able to get them.

Or shoes just out of my price range that aren’t really good enough to be grails.

The Chicago off whites are 5 grand in my size.

…so that’s out.
Anything I could want, I could buy at this point minus Air Mags. The decision then becomes: is it worth it? And so far it’s been no. Because shoes have a limited life span and anything from Nike/adidas/new balance even is not anywhere near worth the ticket anyway.

Anything I could want, I could buy at this point minus Air Mags. The decision then becomes: is it worth it? And so far it’s been no. Because shoes have a limited life span and anything from Nike/adidas/new balance even is not anywhere near worth the ticket anyway.
What’s the high end of what you could afford?

Technically I could afford to buy the Union Storm Blues.

But there’s zero chance that I take 2 grand out of my savings account for that.

…plus another $500 or so from checking.

Do any of you have a grail on your list that’s clearly out of your price range, but might be gettable if you buckle down and save for a year or so?

Most of the grails in my list are so expensive that it seems unrealistic that i’ll ever be able to get them.

Or shoes just out of my price range that aren’t really good enough to be grails.

By the time I got serious about grail shopping I had a lot of shoes I could throw at them. Either by selling or trading (which I’ve done a lot of). I got lucky and got tired of most of my Yeezys before the brand collapsed as well. I also went after trade bait where ever I could. I had doubles of military black 4s, reimagined 3s, lost and founds, and plenty of other shoes that all went towards trades. Youre still spending money just in smaller bites.

Back
Top Bottom