Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
If someone had offered me a pair of DS Royals for my extra pair of DS Blk/Red 1's, I'd do that in a heartbeat [emoji]128077[/emoji].

But, that's just wishful thinking
frown.gif

(Not trying to post a trade post, just stating my thoughts)
Throw $100 on top and I think you'll find someone that'll make that trade.  If you copped your extra Breds for retail that'll have you at $250 out of pocket for a pair of Royals.

Throw $100 on top and I think you'll find someone that'll make that trade.  If you copped your extra Breds for retail that'll have you at $250 out of pocket for a pair of Royals.
I've tried a few times, but then the other person got cold feet.

#thehuntstillcontinues

If someone had offered me a pair of DS Royals for my extra pair of DS Blk/Red 1's, I'd do that in a heartbeat [emoji]128077[/emoji].

But, that's just wishful thinking :frown:

(Not trying to post a trade post, just stating my thoughts)

not that easy to find someone to do that trade. hell i rarely see my size for sale and if i do the person is asking $800+ :lol:

Was it ever announced how many pairs of breds vs royals were made? I know the stock was allocated differently.

GetemChavez offered a straight up his Royals for Bred 1 trade in here like a week or two ago.

since then havent seen him post in here nor anyone else regarding that so no idea if he was serious

Was it ever announced how many pairs of breds vs royals were made? I know the stock was allocated differently.
No matter the real numbers, Breds were available in a lot more places than Royals were.  To get Royals online you had to order them from eastern europe or australia.
GetemChavez offered a straight up his Royals for Bred 1 trade in here like a week or two ago.

since then havent seen him post in here nor anyone else regarding that so no idea if he was serious

Last edited:
I still think he did that out of spite since i wouldnt sell him my pair back and he read that i wanted royals. so i think it was a lie but what do i know :lol:

Royals were easy for those of us that paid attention when they released, I was able to grab 3 pairs. Unfortunately I'm only down to 1 now.
BS- they were not easy unless you lived in Australia.

You got lucky- it may have been easy for you, but let's not re-write history here.
The royal release was cold

Bro, they were easy. While people were whining about not paying resale for Royals I was able to get 3 pairs for $215-$225 shipped each and that was 3-5 days after the release.

Initial resale prices on Breds were crazy compared to Royals.

That's cuz Royals triggered the hype. And how we're they easy to cop and you paid resale? Yes that's better then 500+ but that doesn't mean they were easy. That's like saying Banneds were easy cuz the resell was 250

@AirThompson is right.
Hindsight was 20/20. No one knew what, or where the market would be today. The Royals did something to the 1 line that I believe Nike had planned all along.

It was stated before (jm) that all OG NA 1s had a run of approximately 25K.

Last edited:
not that easy to find someone to do that trade. hell i rarely see my size for sale and if i do the person is asking $800+
laugh.gif
 traded my royals for breds with no hesitation .

but then because it was a for 2 for 1

Wuuuut the hell... those Jordan 1 '86 concord 2's whatever sold out in a minute. Seriously... 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

OH nm, typical NDC glitching... saying out OOS, then sizes pop back up. K... 

Last edited:
not that easy to find someone to do that trade. hell i rarely see my size for sale and if i do the person is asking $800+ :lol:
 traded my royals for breds with no hesitation .

but then because it was a for 2 for 1

yea i remember that :x

you had a few of the royals right?, you came out on top

but yea, its not easy to find a trade period. you got lucky and found a dude who had a bunch of breds and you had a bunch of royals, it was a no brainer for either of you

Those Howard University customs gave me a heart attack, I thought for a second we were getting White/Blue OGs, then I thought were getting leather OG Georgetowns.

Then I founded out they were customs.

I'm sure this has already been asked, but does anyone know how many OG 1's were even restocked?  I would have thought they would be on eBay by now (or at least more would be on eBay).  

I'm sure this has already been asked, but does anyone know how many OG 1's were even restocked?  I would have thought they would be on eBay by now (or at least more would be on eBay).  
theres more legit royals on ebay right now than usual but they're mostly size 14-18

coolshoeshine has 12 different more common sizes but for like $$$$

theres more legit royals on ebay right now than usual but they're mostly size 14-18

Yeah--I did notice that the ones online were mostly larger sizes. 

Why does that coolshoeshine store always set its prices so outrageously high?  Obviously there's no law against, but I assume the more practical reason is to discourage lowballers (which I doubt it really does) .

Why does that coolshoeshine store always set its prices so outrageously high?  Obviously there's no law against, but I assume the more practical reason is to discourage lowballers (which I doubt it really does) .
The only reason I'd imagine is because eventually people pay it, the last shoe I attempted to buy from them were Bin 9s listed at something ridiculous like $1700.  I offered $1100 and didn't even get a reply, the shoes eventually sold so someone is paying their prices.

Everything they sell on ebay is cheaper in-store. They have a few locations. 

Back
Top Bottom