• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Cargo Pants slander, ya be wildin in here :lol:

IMG_1534.JPG
IMG_0790.jpg

So, all the people that really think Frags are grails and own a DS pair of Chicagos... now might be a good time to make that "trade" since we all know Chicago's will retro again, and probably soonish.

So, all the people that really think Frags are grails and own a DS pair of Chicagos... now might be a good time to make that "trade" since we all know Chicago's will retro again, and probably soonish.
shoot, in my size, frags are more than double chi prices. I would trade my double for a pair of frags.

Listen to this man right here.. If we’re indeed getting 85 Neutral Greys next year, you know Chis aren’t THAT far behind. Frags are basically extinct, in terms of a re-release.

Also, I’m wondering if Jordan 1 hype is shifting towards SB dunks (not saying it will be like the mid-2000s where you could get 2001 Royals for steal prices via eBay).

Listen to this man right here.. If we’re indeed getting 85 Neutral Greys next year, you know Chis aren’t THAT far behind. Frags are basically extinct, in terms of a re-release.

Also, I’m wondering if Jordan 1 hype is shifting towards SB dunks (not saying it will be like the mid-2000s where you could get 2001 Royals for steal prices via eBay).

Neutral Grays are not even coming out in 2020 (still 6 months to go), but people should be ready for Chis? Soonish?

I dunno man. Kind of wondering if Spideys and LA to Chis were as close as we're getting to Chis for a while. If they do release in the 85 mold, prob gonna be super limited.

Grabbed a pair of SBB 2.0(aways)-it was those, the off White 5s, or the reverse bred 85s. Went with the SBB 2.0 tho.

0takusamsay 0takusamsay good to see you back around here. You took a hiatus for a second-hope all is well with u and the fam. you’d be proud bro;game royal 1.0 slander has completely disappeared on NT-it only took years but we both knew LOLLL.

Neutral Grays are not even coming out in 2020 (still 6 months to go), but people should be ready for Chis? Soonish?

I dunno man. Kind of wondering if Spideys and LA to Chis were as close as we're getting to Chis for a while. If they do release in the 85 mold, prob gonna be super limited.

Oh I’m not saying Chis will be “easy”or even less limited than 2015s, etc. however, I do think a retro will bring down resale prices like 2017 Royals did to 2013 Royals (which, IIRC, were going for almost a grand, if not more, during peak Royal 1 resale). Frags, on the other hand, will only go up in resale as they almost certainly will never be released ever again.

Jordan brand ain’t stupid-When Jordan 1 hype starts to seriously die off, they’ll drop the Chicagos to create momentum. Which means we ain’t seeing the Chicagos anytime soon. A CHI Travis 1 high would only push that timeframe further back.

Jordan brand ain’t stupid-When Jordan 1 hype starts to seriously die off, they’ll drop the Chicagos to create momentum. Which means we ain’t seeing the Chicagos anytime soon. A CHI Travis 1 high would only push that timeframe further back.

They raised prices significantly across the board in 2015, the year when Chis dropped, I think that had more to do with it than just hype.

Remember, OG Jordan 1s used to be $140 retail in 2014 and GR retros were $150-$170 but were increased to $190 in 2015.

I’ve noticed JB historically uses coveted retro cws to sell price increases with the “this version is better than the last” strategy (I.e. basically every Jordan 11 OG cw holiday retro) which is ironic because people probably accept the price increase simply because “well, it’s a lot cheaper than paying resale for the last retro of these...” I bet we see Chi 1s drop with a $200+ retail price point, it’s not even a matter of “if” but “when” at this point.

Last edited:
They raised prices significantly across the board in 2015, the year when Chis dropped, I think that had more to do with it than just hype.

Remember, OG Jordan 1s used to be $130 retail in 2014 and GR retros were $150-$170 but were increased to $190 in 2015.

I’ve noticed JB historically uses coveted retro cws to sell price increases with the “this version is better than the last” strategy (I.e. basically every Jordan 11 OG cw holiday retro) which is ironic because people probably accept the price increase simply because “well, it’s a lot cheaper than paying resale for the last retro of these...” I bet we see Chi 1s drop with a $200+ retail price point, it’s not even a matter of “if” but “when” at this point.

I see where ur coming from-and I agree it’s just a matter of time before CHIs drop again-but like flints, we might have to wait the 10 years between releases-possibly another 5 years from now with that timeline. And seeing as how we’ve gotten spideys and CHI-LA, it doesn’t seem like OG chis are anywhere on the horizon.

The only model that reaches that metric is OG 11s. They mass produce that one and it still sells out the day of typically.

I think they're trigger shy of mass producing a 1 like they do an 11.

I could see the Chicago 1 being next year's black friday, quite honestly they would be wise to do it this year and move volume while the last dance is fresh in peoples' minds.

It will sell either way.

I see where ur coming from-and I agree it’s just a matter of time before CHIs drop again-but like flints, we might have to wait the 10 years between releases-possibly another 5 years from now with that timeline. And seeing as how we’ve gotten spideys and CHI-LA, it doesn’t seem like OG chis are anywhere on the horizon.

People said the same thing about Royals and Shadows though. JB clearly saw that they were leaving money on the table with $140 OG 1s so they leveraged those releases to sell the higher pricepoint.

Nobody is going to buy Bloodline 3.0s for $200 if they release with that pricepoint 1st but if Chis release 1st at that pricepoint, people will start to accept it. It was like how, in 2015, people were complaining about spending $190 on GR retros. Few people complain about that pricepoint nowadays since everyone has come to accept it after buying a bunch of coveted cws at that retail pricepoint.

Nike/JB seem to really understand how to “strike when the iron is hot.” Hell, they had a lot of people believing ALL retros were going to be vaulted for some time after the CDP releases dropped lol

The only model that reaches that metric is OG 11s. They mass produce that one and it still sells out the day of typically.

I think they're trigger shy of mass producing a 1 like they do an 11.

I could see the Chicago 1 being next year's black friday, quite honestly they would be wise to do it this year and move volume while the last dance is fresh in peoples' minds.

It will sell either way.

You know, I’ve wondered if the number of pairs produced of OG 1s actually dwarfs AJ 11s every year simply based on the number of OG 1 releases. There are so many AJ 1 releases but AJ 11s are treated way more like a big event at release. On an unrelated note, I’ve also noticed they’ve been cutting corners with the AJ 11s retail packaging under the guise of “well this cheaper generic packaging is more like the OG!” which is hilariously brilliant lol

Back
Top Bottom