Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The most retro wasn't that good I agree. The 09 pair had the more accurate color being actual Metallic versus the candy apple color of the recent retro.

But I've always loved that shoe.
'09 metallic DTRT joints were terrible though. I had the purples. Leather was fake tumbled cardboard. Comparable to 2013 chicago 1s. I'd take a slightly off color with comfortable materials if I could.

'09 metallic DTRT joints were terrible though. I had the purples. Leather was fake tumbled cardboard. Comparable to 2013 chicago 1s. I'd take a slightly off color with comfortable materials if I could.
Yep I sold my 09s when I got the newer pair (16?). Color was better on the 09s but those things were nearly bulletproof lol.

The most recent retro wasn't that good I agree. The 09 pair had the more accurate color being actual Metallic versus the candy apple color of the recent retro.

But I've always loved that shoe.

Yeah, I couldn't mess with that last retro even on deep discount because of how non-metallic the red was.

I can’t even make a top 5 in order. I just know black/reds are the 🐐 and Chi’s are prob 5 or 6.

for me its
1. Black/reds
Then some order of royals, shadows, black toes, storm blues, and chi’s. 7th would be Unc’s, 8th Natural Grey or Black/white.

20210903_131443.jpg for the people in the back :nthat: "the election was rigged :lol:"

I wouldn't. Most people picking Chicagos are to be contrarian, like when people say they would date Solange before Bey :rofl: also could be that that 2016 release satisfied peoples thirst considering how easy they were to obtain vs the last Chicago release. Black and Red will ALWAYS be my favorite tho ..

I’d be surprised if Chicago’s don’t win if the survey was started over
I wouldn't. Most people picking Chicagos are to be contrarian, like when people say they would date Solange before Bey :rofl: also could be that that 2016 release satisfied peoples thirst considering how easy they were to obtain vs the last Chicago release. Black and Red will ALWAYS be my favorite tho ..
Though I’d personally take the Chis 10 times out of 10 over the Blk/Reds, but I’d almost bet that the Blk/Reds would win the poll every time. They’re all classics, but the whole “Banned” narrative of the Blk/Red colorway (even though we here no that’s technically not true) has them forever etched in shoe culture and in the minds of the overwhelming majority of just sneaker fans. I just love the color blocking of the Chis, and the almost more 80s and more colorful pop that the Chis have.

I’d personally take Rihanna over both, but that’s me.

Back
Top Bottom