• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I should’ve never sold these 🥴

Probably the best Jordan 1 mid ever
B578A3B1-45F9-4BDC-848B-56B81569E901.jpeg

My Shadows are the same height as my 2001 breds. I would consider the 01’s to be highs.

Not being a leather quality expert myself, i‘ve read/heard enough to know that the idea that the Shattered Backboards used “premium“ leather is a falsehood.

That being said, when it comes to the soft, buttery tumbled style leather, would it be accurate to say that the SBBs are the best Jordan 1s?

…or is that false as well?

These had the softest tumbled leather imo. But they aren’t a great colorway. Decent with white laces but still not great. That’s why I think SBB are extremely overrated (for their price). Sure, they’re soft. But that alone doesn’t make them amazing. Plenty of cheaper sneakers have soft leather. The SBB colorway is good but not special. Unions are special. IMO off whites UNC and Chicago are too. So I personally wouldn’t pay over $400 for a DS pair of SBB.

A6F820EE-6939-4FCE-8126-13A200199A16.jpeg

So overrated IMO

I’ve owned a couple and traded them

Quality is nice, but no significance

I remember the feeling when I copped my second pair a few years back. 😁 Still haven’t gotten around to wearing them but so happy to have them.

Overrated? Naw….
Overpriced? Sure. But so are a bunch of Jordan 1s.

89C21B55-C8BD-48E4-83DC-F8CAB5AE5A0D.jpeg
6468A375-2915-4900-B639-1380917B0EBD.jpeg
35B2A205-F932-46A9-AB06-0C5B59AC4443.jpeg
406EEBC8-F875-43B3-82DD-6F75850E730F.jpeg

Btw, OW are easily the most overrated. I understand why they are hyped….. but the overall design is just ugly to me. Makes the shoe look extremely bulking on foot.

Last edited:
Not being a leather quality expert myself, i‘ve read/heard enough to know that the idea that the Shattered Backboards used “premium“ leather is a falsehood.

That being said, when it comes to the soft, buttery tumbled style leather, would it be accurate to say that the SBBs are the best Jordan 1s?

the SBBs was the first time we got the sail leather/color toe combo so a lot of the hype comes from that. As far as material goes the sail leather was pretty good and we’ve seen it since on shoes like obsidians, bred toes, etc. what still sets the SBBs apart to this day is the orange leather. idk if it was just my pair or not but it it was the softest, most buttery leather I’d had on any jordan 1 up to that point. When my wife was rearranging thing one day she was handling the shoes outside of the box her nail grazed the orange leather on the Back and left this subtle scratch line that used to bug the hell out of me :lol: but yeah it was leather that soft. Nike has been mimicking that leather ever since but they’ve never gotten it exactly like the SBB.

Even with all that said the going price is not going to deliver on what you think you’re getting.

As far as what’s the most overrated I’m not sure, but when I look at the SBB’s, union 1s, and the off white 1s, the off whites being over $1000 are the only ones that make “sense” to me, although I wouldn’t pay the going rate for them either

Last edited:

Shadows are softer

I remember the feeling when I copped my second pair a few years back. 😁 Still haven’t gotten around to wearing them but so happy to have them.

Overrated? Naw….
Overpriced? Sure. But so are a bunch of Jordan 1s.

89C21B55-C8BD-48E4-83DC-F8CAB5AE5A0D.jpeg
6468A375-2915-4900-B639-1380917B0EBD.jpeg
35B2A205-F932-46A9-AB06-0C5B59AC4443.jpeg
406EEBC8-F875-43B3-82DD-6F75850E730F.jpeg

Btw, OW are easily the most overrated. I understand why they are hyped….. but the overall design is just ugly to me. Makes the shoe look extremely bulking on foot.
I have a sizable tax refund coming this year and about $450 remaining in my war chest.

If I didn't buy any shoes for at least six months, I could probably justify spending it on a pair.

If I didn't buy any shoes for a year...the UNIONS.

shadows had the wildest range of differences ive ever seen in a jordan 1. I had 3 pairs and none of them had grey leather that looked a like. One was as smooth as the 2013s while the others were tumbled like the 2017 royals

4976DCA4-9E51-40E0-8B2E-9FA0AD4A10AD.jpeg

These came in yesterday… like most Women’s release as usual the leather is hella soft…

They used the same material on my son’s youth pair which is surprising…

One thing I don’t like is the lack of extra lace… retail is $180 and they could’ve threw an extra sail/white laces inside… now I have to find/cop a sail/white laces for these.

4976DCA4-9E51-40E0-8B2E-9FA0AD4A10AD.jpeg

These came in yesterday… like most Women’s release as usual the leather is hella soft…

They used the same material on my son’s youth pair which is surprising…

One thing I don’t like is the lack of extra lace… retail is $180 and they could’ve threw an extra sail/white laces inside… now I have to find/cop a sail/white laces for these.
I use of the yellow laces that came in the shoe. The blue laces that came with the shoe are a no go for me Like to see what sail or white laces look like please post up if you change them out

Mine size didn’t, my sons pair only came with yellow as well….

It did have this brown box inside one of the shoe but I didn’t bother checking it out…
We’re did you get them from did it come with the hang tag at least

Back
Top Bottom