Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
disappointed that i missed on the satin breds drop.

IMG_4231.jpeg
The Satin Breds are nice.

…but I’d much rather have a pair of Court Purples.

Strange experiences with eBay authentication the past few days. I ordered a pair of pre-owned 85 Georgetown Highs from a seller because they accepted an offer at original retail. Pair showed up today. Pair I ordered was clearly pictured and described as a 12M, but pair I received is an 11M. Fit actually works, and they are in much better condition than the pair pictured in the listing I ordered, so I think I'll keep them rather than deal with a return. Win?

Not sure if eBay authentication or the seller made the mistake (they didn't have an 11M listed), but kinda rubs me the wrong way because I just had a pair of 4s kicked back by eBay authentication because I erroneously categorized them as "New with box" even though they were clearly described and pictured as pre-owned. Either way, I'm counting it as a W and moving on.

Sounds like a win to me. Re your experience with the 4s, I see no reason for that to rub you the wrong way; the listing should not state new in box despite the pics showing clearly they're used. Sellers can't expect buyers to think thru inconsistencies. The listing info should all match reality.

Sounds like a win to me. Re your experience with the 4s, I see no reason for that to rub you the wrong way; the listing should not state new in box despite the pics showing clearly they're used. Sellers can't expect buyers to think thru inconsistencies. The listing info should all match reality.

Agreed. Not angry at eBay, just angry at myself, and wish there was a way for them/me to contact the buyer and confirm that it was an issue before just sending them back, but I understand. Been listing a bunch of **** recently and I was too lazy to create a new listing from scratch and just used the "Sell similar" option and change the details, but that was a detail I missed when listing. Definitely my error but still frustrating.

Strange experiences with eBay authentication the past few days. I ordered a pair of pre-owned 85 Georgetown Highs from a seller because they accepted an offer at original retail. Pair showed up today. Pair I ordered was clearly pictured and described as a 12M, but pair I received is an 11M. Fit actually works, and they are in much better condition than the pair pictured in the listing I ordered, so I think I'll keep them rather than deal with a return. Win?

Not sure if eBay authentication or the seller made the mistake (they didn't have an 11M listed), but kinda rubs me the wrong way because I just had a pair of 4s kicked back by eBay authentication because I erroneously categorized them as "New with box" even though they were clearly described and pictured as pre-owned. Either way, I'm counting it as a W and moving on.

Contact eBay, take pictures of the shoes that you received showing the size tag and let them know that they sent you the wrong size shoes.

You might get a discount or the shoes for free.

Code... SMSSITEWIDE30

Screenshot_20231005_200821_Chrome.jpg

Contact eBay, take pictures of the shoes that you received showing the size tag and let them know that they sent you the wrong size shoes.

You might get a discount or the shoes for free.

I would contact them too. I had a similar experience where I purchased what I thought was going to be DS 2009 White/Metallic Grand Purple 1's M sz 12 and instead received DS 2021 White/Metallic Court Purple in a W sz 12. The entire listing was clearly described as the 2009 pair with pics, style code, exact color and description all matching the 2009 and not the 2021 pair. Somehow it passed but I ended up getting a full refund and getting to keep the pair which I sold and then finally buying an actual 2009 pair.

Agreed. Not angry at eBay, just angry at myself, and wish there was a way for them/me to contact the buyer and confirm that it was an issue before just sending them back, but I understand. Been listing a bunch of **** recently and I was too lazy to create a new listing from scratch and just used the "Sell similar" option and change the details, but that was a detail I missed when listing. Definitely my error but still frustrating.

Agreed. Seems like there's cases where they could try communicating with the seller who might be fine with various issues/things before outright rejecting. They probably don't want to bother with tracking responses and putting things on hold while they wait. Just easier to reject and keep things simple even if it costs more for them.

Back
Top Bottom