• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
IMG_8021.jpeg

What laces did you use? I have mint in mine that's a pretty dead on match to the kinetic. I did a 1-1 tho....the other shoe is the Union orange lace

I mean, I get that from the standpoint of a young collector that wasn't old enough to cop a pair of royals and bred when they last released. If you already have both I don't see the point in constantly dropping the same shoe exactly the same over and over. I'd rather a reimagined version once in awhile
Eh… huh?
A new collector who doesn’t have the real royals and breds would be the only reason to buy these reimagines lol. If that’s what you’re saying then yes I agree

So if you're a collector that has the royals already you'd rather they drop them exactly the same again so you can buy the shoe twice?
Who’s holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy lol. If I have a previous GOOD version in top condition I’m passing on a retro if it’s a 1, since they don’t break down. Maybe a 3 I’d rebuy a fresh pair

I mean, I get that from the standpoint of a young collector that wasn't old enough to cop a pair of royals and bred when they last released. If you already have both I don't see the point in constantly dropping the same shoe exactly the same over and over. I'd rather a reimagined version once in awhile
I have the leather versions of pretty much all of the OGs that released under the remastered shape.

Im actually not a purist and I don't mind the reimagined efforts. I think they are cool twist that can help to create nostalgic memories with newer collectors.

With that said I do think the masses are just tired of all the releases. With the economy being in the tank most people aren't dying to spend 180 on a 20th pair of kicks.

I have the leather versions of pretty much all of the OGs that released under the remastered shape.

Im actually not a purist and I don't mind the reimagined efforts. I think they are cool twist that can help to create nostalgic memories with newer collectors.

With that said I do think the masses are just tired of all the releases. With the economy being in the tank most people aren't dying to spend 180 on a 20th pair of kicks.
I’m not a purist either, I’m fine with the reimagined idea… chi’s and 3s were dope and I copped but these here are booboo imo

I’m not a purist either, I’m fine with the reimagined idea… chi’s and 3s were dope and I copped but these here are booboo imo
A lot of people like the flip. I've heard lots of early Nike SB comparisons which seem appropriate.

I think longevity wise the OGs are obviously hard to beat but for a poor man's version these are solid.

I have Royals + Breds and wanted the suede Royal's,

Passed on the patent and satin Bred's however. They just didn't hit the same.
Yeah the parent breds are gross AF

Satins are ok..can’t fit in a 10.5 tho

***The shattered backboard 3.0s came out alright tho…i **** with those

I think it's a combination of trends shifting and the economy.

Jordan 1's more expensive than ever via retail + higher supply + people have less discretionary money to $$$ + resell is lower so demand takes another hit + Jordan 1's no longer being the IT COOL SHOE.

Me personally I'm cool with it. I like the space shoes are at right now. I hated the sell outs and "sneaker investing" buffoonery that was running rampant in 2020 and 2021.

I always thought it was funny how those resellers telling people to hoard GR dunks and Jordan 1's like sneaker trends don't change. I've only been into sneakers since 2009 so I'm still new compared to a lot of y'all in here but just in that short time I've seen dunks go from hot to outlets, Nike basketball and Jordan retroes, to Adidas Yeezys, to back to Jordans and Dunks, to NB and Asics.

Me personally I'm cool with it. I like the space shoes are at right now.
As someone who has been actively collecting for going on 20 years next year I've seen cycles like this come and go. Honestly these periods are typically looked back on as golden eras for sneakers.

Stuff can not only be had with ease but can even be found under retail. The fad and hype are sure to return in the next couple of years so enjoy the era while it last.

"Your first Top Star benefit is here!
Where are you headed after ComplexCon on Sun‍day, No‍v 1‍9?

RSVP to join us for the Official Afterparty. Top Star members like you get VIP access, even if you do not attend ComplexCon.

Head down to Ovation at 35‍0 Pi‍ne A‍ve. in Long Beach for food, drinks, music, and more. Doors open a‍t 9‍pm P‍T and the party goes un‍til 2‍am. Get your and your plus-one’s names on the list now, as space is limited."

Where can you get a pair of Off White 4s for $900 in bigger sizes? Jordan 4 X SB is $220..... I would stay away from that site.
Damn good point. I didn't look as thoroughly as I should've.

Resell sites like this are becoming harder to own and operate with apps like stockX/goat/ and eBay really running the market. It makes little to no sense to use those smaller sites without 'authenticatuon' guarantees not to mention the pricing.

Where can you get a pair of Off White 4s for $900 in bigger sizes? Jordan 4 X SB is $220..... I would stay away from that site.
I told my nephew the same thing stay away and I don't care if you are cool with him just stay away he's more in to cars than sneakers.

What laces did you use? I have mint in mine that's a pretty dead on match to the kinetic. I did a 1-1 tho....the other shoe is the Union orange

I got these laces from lacelab I think a minute ago… but they are supposed to be mint or teal… it’s one of those .. it does go 1:1 with these kixx though

As someone who has been actively collecting for going on 20 years next year I've seen cycles like this come and go. Honestly these periods are typically looked back on as golden eras for sneakers.

Stuff can not only be had with ease but can even be found under retail. The fad and hype are sure to return in the next couple of years so enjoy the era while it last.
Hopefully this era stimulates Nike/JB to wake up, stop being lazy on colorways and cutting corners on details & quality.

Back
Top Bottom