Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Would anyone advise against purchasing DS 2001 1s? Not sure if that batch would crumble upon wear. It’s either that or 2016 banneds again

Would anyone advise against purchasing DS 2001 1s? Not sure if that batch would crumble upon wear. It’s either that or 2016 banneds again
I don't believe the 1 crumbles especially not 2001s. I do believe the check is prone to cracking though as it wasn't made of leather.

I personally don't like the shape of the 2001 more than the shape of the 2016. Otherwise they are fine.

I don't believe the 1 crumbles especially not 2001s. I do believe the check is prone to cracking though as it wasn't made of leather.

I personally don't like the shape of the 2001 more than the shape of the 2016. Otherwise they are fine.
You have to worry about the polyurethane in the midsole hardening though. It will definitely impact the comfort of the shoes, if that matters at all.

IMG_9016.jpeg

Anything with the ____-toe colorblocking is a pass for me. I don't mind non-OG colors, but gotta keep OG-style colorblocking for me to be really interested (Storm Blue/UNC-style, Chicago-style, Bred/Royal/Shadow-style, or Metallic/Neutral Gray-style)
I own almost all the toes but I actually agree with this.

The toe series is cool but I prefer black white toe with black toes styled color blocking more.

I agree with the green glows being better as a black toe as well.

$126 before shipping

I own almost all the toes but I actually agree with this.

The toe series is cool but I prefer black white toe with black toes styled color blocking more.

I agree with the green glows being better as a black toe as well.

I don't dislike "the toe series", but even the bred toe, which is probably my favorite (if not SBB) of the bunch, there are just so many black/red/white Jordan 1s I'd rather have and wear, they're just not a consideration for me.

Chicago ('15 or L&F) > Banned > Black-Toe > '85-Black/Red > H2H (might be in the minority here) > '85-Black/White > Bred-Toe (all IMO, of course)

$126 before shipping

Wow… I feel like they’ll go even cheaper. But do I want to gamble and miss out? I have yet to pull the trigger on a pair

I don't dislike "the toe series", but even the bred toe, which is probably my favorite (if not SBB) of the bunch, there are just so many black/red/white Jordan 1s I'd rather have and wear, they're just not a consideration for me.

Chicago ('15 or L&F) > Banned > Black-Toe > '85-Black/Red > H2H (might be in the minority here) > '85-Black/White > Bred-Toe (all IMO, of course)
Agreed on Bred Toes but they make a good substitute for any of the pairs that rank higher.

Around the release I was actually surprised that Bred Toes were worth so much more than Gold Toes (I think they dropped within a week or two of each other). I had assumed the gold toes would be worth so much more as there are way fewer gold AJ1s.

However some of the other 'toes: are actually the best version of their respective color. (Taxi's, purple toe, pine greens (🤷🏾‍♂️)) I get why JB keeps revisiting it.

Agreed on Bred Toes but they make a good substitute for any of the pairs that rank higher.

Around the release I was actually surprised that Bred Toes were worth so much more than Gold Toes (I think they dropped within a week or two of each other). I had assumed the gold toes would be worth so much more as there are way fewer gold AJ1s.

However some of the other 'toes: are actually the best version of their respective color. (Taxi's, purple toe, pine greens (🤷🏾‍♂️)) I get why JB keeps revisiting it.
SBB 1.0 color-blocking is really good but the issue is that they have pretty much driven it into the ground with the sheer number of OG high and especially mid/Jumpman low/Golf releases that have used it. I honestly think that’s why demand for Taxis and, to a lesser extent, UNC toes was so low-by the time they dropped, a lot of people were simply tired of that colorblocking.

The colorway matters to me as much as the color blocking. Taxis were great quality and objectively look good, but subjectively I don't care for yellow that much so I sold (or returned or ooped, I don't even remember). I like green glow a lot more so I'd rather have those.

Out of all the color toe joints that have ever dropped, original SBB, purple, UNC toe, and these green glows are the ones I'd rock. I like them all, though. But of course like ≠ want ≠ wear

A lot of the <og-colorway>-toe pairs felt like consolation prizes to me. I much prefer non-og colors with that approach, or just the regular Black-toe colorblocking.

I'm glad JB didn't go full speed with those whack "Homage to Home" scheme.

That being said, Frags >> Black toes

Back
Top Bottom