Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Not gonna lie I would take suede royals over game royals. That black tongue ain't it on the Game royals. It ruins the shoe for me.

I'm so lost on this logic fam. U can really tell who does this as a passion and who does it as a trend.

2023 was actually a good year for sneaker enthusiast. Lots of good **** dropped and most of it went on sale. How is that a bad thing?

Having been through sneaker cycles for the last 20 years I have not a doubt in my mind that royals will trend again and even the much debated suedes will be selling for at least 2x prices of today.

If anything I think that the royal colorway is just not trending this decade like it did last decade (possibly due to the many versions made available post 2017). Blue also just isn't as popular as red when it comes to Jordans so it's no real shocker. Id give it 3-5 years before the sentiment reverses again and this thread makes the turn on that shoe (barring any additional variants).

I just don’t think anyone really asked for suede royals. The Lost and Founds instantly sold out and most people love the theme down to the retro aged box. No one in my circle bought royals . Well one guy did and immediately tried to sell for retail and no one was pressed.

I wore my Royals today and wish i could replace with a newer pair. A L&F version would have been dope to me

Not gonna lie I would take suede royals over game royals. That black tongue ain't it on the Game royals. It ruins the shoe for me.

I'm so lost on this logic fam. U can really tell who does this as a passion and who does it as a trend.

2023 was actually a good year for sneaker enthusiast. Lots of good **** dropped and most of it went on sale. How is that a bad thing?

Having been through sneaker cycles for the last 20 years I have not a doubt in my mind that royals will trend again and even the much debated suedes will be selling for at least 2x prices of today.

If anything I think that the royal colorway is just not trending this decade like it did last decade (possibly due to the many versions made available post 2017). Blue also just isn't as popular as red when it comes to Jordans so it's no real shocker. Id give it 3-5 years before the sentiment reverses again and this thread makes the turn on that shoe (barring any additional variants).
There's people who legitimately score releases for one of the largest companies in the world based on how they sell. Can't make this stuff up. This has been a great year for sneakers, especially if you aren't still drowning in the JB wad and have expanded your style in the past 30 years.

I just don’t think anyone really asked for suede royals. The Lost and Founds instantly sold out and most people love the theme down to the retro aged box. No one in my circle bought royals . Well one guy did and immediately tried to sell for retail and no one was pressed.

I wore my Royals today and wish i could replace with a newer pair. A L&F version would have been dope to me
Lol when did people ask for 90% of the shoes JB releases? I can't remember the last all suede AJ1. Probably the wheats and that was 2017. So as someone who likes suede shoes, I'd been asking for another suede 1 in a better colorway for years. To grab them for $145 was great. I couldn't care less if some dweebs on the internet think they're bricks or not.

Lol when did people ask for 90% of the shoes JB releases? I can't remember the last all suede AJ1. Probably the wheats and that was 2017. So as someone who likes suede shoes, I'd been asking for another suede 1 in a better colorway for years. To grab them for $145 was great. I couldn't care less if some dweebs on the internet think they're bricks or not.

The discussion seems to be on why so many colorways are sitting. Obviously people do buy them and buying a shoe one likes on sale is a great thing. I snatch vapormaxes and scorpions on sale as they haven’t resonated with people but I like em.

The discussion seems to be on why so many colorways are sitting. Obviously people do buy them and buying a shoe one likes on sale is a great thing. I snatch vapormaxes and scorpions on sale as they haven’t resonated with people but I like em.
They’re sitting because they’re making 10x the amount they were on a “GR” og1 5-10 years ago and they’re making 10x the colorways.

The idea they aren’t resonating is absurd. They’re moving more product than ever. And they have a demographic that wastes their money on terrible CWs a lot of us older heads have zero interest in. It’s intentional. Nike isn’t losing, they’re making more money than ever by opening it up.

If it took this for good colorways to be pretty easy to get or even grab on discount that’s a win win.

I swear people think this is some losing strategy and are bemoaning it when it’s wins all around if you aren’t an addict who has to slurp whatever they release

10 years ago we were getting only a few OG 1's a year.

So if I get a couple like this year (UNC's and Palominos) in a year I'm cool.

And there's been so many 1's that weren't that desirable that are now. Look at the turbo greens.

And there's been so many 1's that weren't that desirable that are now. Look at the turbo greens.
I feel the same way.

I can’t afford to buy more than 2 or 3 expensive pairs a year on eBay and I think my retail record had been well documented.

These shoes are so g-damn beautiful.

Would the Shattered Backboard colorblocking haters at least acknowledge that?

…I know you’re out there.

70A6A7B6-BCDF-435F-B7BE-B243BDA83D25.jpeg

Except good cws aren't being produced OR they are STILL hard to get like the L&Fs were a year ago.
Look, you should probably just stop quoting me cause I don’t agree with anything you say. The UNC toes and Palominos were easy cops and good colorways. You’re saying they weren’t to make some point I guess but those would have been instant sellouts in a different economy with a different release model.

Look, you should probably just stop quoting me cause I don’t agree with anything you say. The UNC toes and Palominos were easy cops and good colorways. You’re saying they weren’t to make some point I guess but those would have been instant sellouts in a different economy with a different release model.
So TWO good cws in an entire year being easy to get = success?

Also, the L&Fs were still not easy to get.

But when they release a CW literally almost everyone wants like the L&F, they STILL aren't easy to get.

Instead we get, what, TWO cws that most people like (Palominos and UNC Toes) in a year? In 2016-2018 we got tons of cws like this and retail was lower than $180 as well.

Hell, ROTYs could be had for under $180 right after launch and those are borderline classics. Where are the AJ1 releases like this nowdays?

I picked up 5 out of 16 OG highs this year. Quite happy with all of them. And the 85’s. There hasn’t been a year with more than 6 pairs of 1’s I’ve bought since 2015. Admittedly the way they were being sold pushed me away from buying my favorite model in 2018/2019.

I also think L&Fs are complete trash. The mold was the icing on top for me not even trying. I’ll stick with my 2 pairs of 2015’s.

I don't think colorways sitting is bad at all, I think it's more that we aren't getting many good cws overall. UNC Toes and Palominos are basically the only two GR AJ1 High cws people keep mentioning. I'm sure in many previous years we could name a bunch of great cws from those years. I know ITT I beat 2018 like a dead horse but we've had much much better years than this past one for the Air Jordan 1 OG High.

Anyways, to keep things positive, I hope Nike/JB turn it around in 2024-2026 and we start getting better cws of the Air Jordan 1 OG High overall, OG cws or not.

You didn't buy any in 2018/2019? Not even Shadows? (which basically had $0 resale at launch)
I got Bred Toes and Shadows, and whenever the LA to Chicago SBs dropped. Think that was 19. Those were the only 1’s I copped after Breds before last year’s taxis. I also had like 48 pairs of 1’s and have sized down that part of my collection. The purp toes are the only ones I regret not getting from 2017-present.

I got Bred Toes and Shadows, and whenever the LA to Chicago SBs dropped. Think that was 19. Those were the only 1’s I copped after Breds before last year’s taxis. I also had like 48 pairs of 1’s and have sized down that part of my collection. The purp toes are the only ones I regret not getting from 2017-present.
Oh how I loved bread toes...

11363.jpeg

I don't think colorways sitting is bad at all, I think it's more that we aren't getting many good cws overall. UNC Toes and Palominos are basically the only two GR AJ1 High cws people keep mentioning. I'm sure in many previous years we could name a bunch of great cws from those years. I know ITT I beat 2018 like a dead horse but we've had much much better years than this past one for the Air Jordan 1 OG High.

Anyways, to keep things positive, I hope Nike/JB turn it around in 2024-2026 and we start getting better cws of the Air Jordan 1 OG High overall, OG cws or not.

Right we are agreeing. 🙂 I don’t care if things sit, I don’t care if things are on sale. Good for the consumer. I also like what I like. The green IV’s are sitting and I love my pair. I just think like many here JB dropped way to many shoes and way to many color ways which are meh.

The good news. If yall are paying attention the stock dropped to low 90s just a couple of months ago and now it’s up to $115….

Back
Top Bottom