Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Nike could not care less about what their retail partners do. They're making more off every pair shipped to a third party than ANY year on record. If boutiques have to discount what is their option? Drop their JB account, the only shoes they're moving in any volume?! LOL

Discounting NDC sales and still making healthy profits while moving volume that has never been done in JB history in a soft economy should be pretty obvious to anyone with basic business knowledge: Jordans are a mature market. The only way to grow revenue is to increase quantity or pricing. They're doing both and even with discounts making more profit per pair than they were a decade ago. The numbers don't lie.

What I find hilarious is that it bothers people that Jordans, particularly the Jordan 1, are becoming commodities due to maturation. Probably the next thing is IDing OG highs and letting people make their own.

The younger gen likes what they like and it seems like the og colorways don’t resonate with them like they do us and the older crowd. Look up the price of black cat IV’s on stockX, non-og’s that are smoking all the og colorways on the resell market.
I'm bout to start posting in the washed thread and I def like what I like, Eff all y'all. Copped the mauves on disco, cause I liked them at 130. Old heads be holding on to their traditions most of the time and won't embrace or give new things a chance.

Reactions: DSW
I'm bout to start posting in the washed thread and I def like what I like, Eff all y'all. Copped the mauves on disco, cause I liked them at 130. Old heads be holding on to their traditions most of the time and won't embrace or give new things a chance.
1701913474781.gif

Any way. We got a lot of GREAT Jordan 1s the last several years, so I have plenty to hold me over for about a decade. If they release 1-3 pairs a year that I love, then that’s plenty for me. Bad to average colorways don’t really bother me. If someone is new to sneakers, there were a handful of solid colorways they could easily buy and enjoy for retail or less. I honestly don’t see the big issue, unless we got to a point where there were literally zero pairs releasing that NT members liked. I don’t think we’re there yet, even though this year was admittedly very mediocre.

Last edited:
The more I see these Celadon joints, the more that extra bold stitching on the swoosh bothers me, and the exposed foam on the tongue seems out of place. Unless I see them in person and they REALLY impress me with some buttery-*** leather, AND they're on a good discount, they're a pretty easy pass. And they had me with some of those early leaks. Gotta be more selective.

The more I see these Celadon joints, the more that extra bold stitching on the swoosh bothers me, and the exposed foam on the tongue seems out of place. Unless I see them in person and they REALLY impress me with some buttery-*** leather, AND they're on a good discount, they're a pretty easy pass. And they had me with some of those early leaks. Gotta be more selective.
The Turbo Greens had the same tongue with the exposed foam, I think its supposed to suit the whole "craft" theme they have going for the sneaker. The quality looks good on the suede/nubuck and I think the leather has to be somewhat decent. I might cop them but I'm still deciding since I really wanna slow down on copping any sneaker I like due to lack of closet space.

I have a dilemma.

Someone at work gave me a 30% off online coupon at Nike.com. It expires on the 10th.

There’s nothing that I want in my size, except for the Air Max 1 World Make Koreas, which are $170.

…what do I do?

I have a dilemma.

Someone at work gave me a 30% off online coupon at Nike.com. It expires on the 10th.

There’s nothing that I want in my size, except for the Air Max 1 World Make Koreas, which are $170.

…what do I do?
Don’t do it, either buy that pair you really want or don’t use the coupon-you don’t need any of the other trash they’re selling lol

Last night my staff had a late night gingerbread house making contest.

As the night went on, my dream of constructing a Jordan 1 Chicago out of gingerbread and rice crispy treats slowly turned into a waking nightmare.

As someone who takes his responsibilities as a sneakerhead very seriously…I’m ashamed.

5C6628CF-337B-4DBE-A1C7-FCB9758506CA.jpeg
F58E114C-3187-4655-92C8-B65ED9E37AED.jpeg

Last night my staff had a late night gingerbread house making contest.

As the night went on, my dream of constructing a Jordan 1 Chicago out of gingerbread and rice crispy treats slowly turned into a waking nightmare.

As someone who takes his responsibilities as a sneakerhead very seriously…I’m ashamed.

5C6628CF-337B-4DBE-A1C7-FCB9758506CA.jpeg
F58E114C-3187-4655-92C8-B65ED9E37AED.jpeg
Don't be ashamed. It's pretty good, man. Was footwear the theme? I see a Croc too.

Back
Top Bottom