Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Pretty wild how long Travis AJ 1 hype has gone on.

Off-White Nike models, Adidas Yeezys and UBs, FOGs, and even Unions all died hype wise within 5 years but, for whatever reason, the reverse swoosh Travis AJ1s have been going strong for almost a full 5 years now and are seemingly one of the few sneaker releases to still command great resale in a current bottomed-out sneaker market.

Makes me wonder why so many people seemingly love this specific model so much. Even some of Travis’ other shoes have failed to generate this kind of hype (I.e. Air Trainers and Utopia AF 1s).

Low stock.

Low stock.
I think that’s def part of it but there have been hyped, collab low stock releases that have fallen flat like the Off-White AF1 mids, J. Balvin and Union 2s, KAWS Blazers, Sacai Undercover LD Waffles, and even some of the other Travis releases like the Air Trainer 1s.

Something about that backwards swoosh on a pair of high or low OG AJ1s just hit different for some reason.

Pretty wild how long Travis AJ 1 hype has gone on.

Off-White Nike models, Adidas Yeezys and UBs, FOGs, and even Unions all died hype wise within 5 years but, for whatever reason, the reverse swoosh Travis AJ1s have been going strong for almost a full 5 years now and are seemingly one of the few sneaker releases to still command great resale in a current bottomed-out sneaker market.

Makes me wonder why so many people seemingly love this specific model so much. Even some of Travis’ other shoes have failed to generate this kind of hype (I.e. Air Trainers and Utopia AF 1s).
If those yellow McDonalds looking joints end up going for $500 on eBay, then we’ll know for sure that the world is an evil place with no justice.

If those yellow McDonalds looking joints end up going for $500 on eBay, then we’ll know for sure that the world is an evil place with no justice.
Haha you’re not wrong.

It could also be that since 95% of sneakers aren’t reselling anymore, resellers are trying to corner the (now somewhat niche) sneaker resale market.

When I saw the prices those hideous Travis Golf 1s were going for, I knew things were truly screwed up lol

I think that’s def part of it but there have been hyped, collab low stock releases that have fallen flat like the Off-White AF1 mids, J. Balvin and Union 2s, KAWS Blazers, Sacai Undercover LD Waffles, and even some of the other Travis releases like the Air Trainer 1s.

Something about that backwards swoosh on a pair of high or low OG AJ1s just hit different for some reason.

All those shoe's mentioned had extreme design changes, those mid af1's are basically cleats, J balvin rainbow coloring and jagged edges, no one likes 2's fr, Kaws blazers those bright colors and extra overlays...

For the Travis 1 they've basically kept the same recipe since the 1 first one. Earth tones, flip the swoosh.

All those shoe's mentioned had extreme design changes, those mid af1's are basically cleats, J balvin rainbow coloring and jagged edges, no one likes 2's fr, Kaws blazers those bright colors and extra overlays...

For the Travis 1 they've basically kept the same recipe since the 1 first one. Earth tones, flip the swoosh.
LD Waffles were fine. Travis Phantom 1s also didn’t have earth tones and they have great resale. Hell, look at all the AMM releases that tanked-even the recent AMM 5s have bricked and those were essentially just tried and true OG cws with AMM maroon instead of red.

Something about the Travis AJ 1s have just resonated with people and I completely agree being really limited really helped. I think Davey had a point where the canary yellows might be a litmus test of the model.

Honestly, it kind of reminds me of the early days of the modern OG Air Jordan 1 High retros where most cws in 2013-2014 would sellout.

None of those are as exclusive....

IMG_4778.jpeg

These are samples. Yellow is more muted and the soft grey compliments the blue. Stuff a strong pass.

Air Jordan 1 Low ’85 “Wings”
Color: Summit White/Wolf Grey-Sanddrift
Style Code: DZ3140-102
Release Date: Spring 2024
Price: $875
1707437431636.png

1707437350683.png

Air Jordan 1 Low ’85 Wings
Color: Summit White/French Blue-Neutral Grey-Sail
Style Code: DZ3140-100
Release Date: Spring 2024
Price: $875