Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

All this outlet talk. Here is my issue, if an item is full price at an outlet then its not an outlet item to me. Nike is just using the outlets as usable real estate.

Nike started killing the outlets when the "factory store" monicker was introduced... as you stated, they are just satellite stores now.

I walked into what is considered a "closeout" nike store while in Texas, everything was truly marked down... but then I saw the sign below. Nike is in survival mode like many other entities in this economic climate. As you can imagine, I left shortly after seeing this.

Final Sale 9-23-24.JPG

Nike started killing the outlets when the "factory store" monicker was introduced... as you stated, they are just satellite stores now.

I walked into what is considered a "closeout" nike store while in Texas, everything was truly marked down... but then I saw the sign below. Nike is in survival mode like many other entities in this economic climate. As you can imagine, I left shortly after seeing this.

Final Sale 9-23-24.JPG
It has been that way since 2020 at the clearance/closeout stores. They used the pandemic as an excuse (I'm sure safety reasons were cited that people couldn't use products and then return them in case they were contaminated,) but I believe resellers/bulk buyers were returning items that they couldn't flip en-masse, so the return policy was hurting Nike. Of course, just in general, they're saving money and inventory space if they don't need to worry about refunds and restocking old items if all sales are final. I miss the returns, but it has also saved me money because it makes me think twice on buying things I only like instead of love since I can't take them back.

The more frustrating thing about the clearance stores now is that there is no longer a $100 cap. There used to be Jordans and other high-end models like the Alphaflys that would be capped at $100 and last time I was there they were trying to sell the current Alphafly for $260 ($30 off retail) which is pretty nuts for a clearance store. Most of the shoes at clearance stores now are the same price that they are online with the frequent promotions Nike runs.

Last edited:
" it has also saved me money because it makes me think twice on buying things I only like instead of love since I can't take them back."

The more frustrating thing about the clearance stores now is that there is no longer a $100 cap. There used to be Jordans and other high-end models like the Alphaflys that would be capped at $100 and last time I was there they were trying to sell the current Alphafly for $260 ($30 off retail) which is pretty nuts for a clearance store.

Def helped me walked out like the flash... there is def nothing I love in there. And yeah, stop the cap (<$100) is in full effect, lmao....

That was my first time in a Nike store that was ALL box tops removed, didn't know they exist. Def never seen in my home state.

My pair came in and while they are nice in hand the leather quality is nothing special and I hate how short the laces are. I feel with the past few Jordan 1 low og releases this has been issue. I generally like to tie em to the second to last lacehole and I'm lucky I can even tie em even once.
IMG_9759.jpeg

IMG_9760.jpeg
IMG_9759.jpeg
I’m the same way and I’ve been getting these for all recent OG low releases:

The 59” length is perfect for my size 9 to lace them all the way up to the top and have some left to spare to knot.

The leather and the brown part looks about the same as the High tops just by looking at pictures. I’ll update once I get the lows in.

I’m the same way and I’ve been getting these for all recent OG low releases:

The 59” length is perfect for my size 9 to lace them all the way up to the top and have some left to spare to knot.
Thanks for the suggestion! Its weird because the black toe lows from last year the laces were the perfect length then all the sudden they started making the laces shorter on this years Jordan lows.

Thanks for the suggestion! Its weird because the black toe lows from last year the laces were the perfect length then all the sudden they started making the laces shorter on this years Jordan lows.
Np. Yup, they’re crazy short. Got the waxed white ones for the Mochas. Kind of crazy these had no alternate laces.
IMG_4809.jpeg

I hate to participate in sizing talk, but do these fit like GR dunks? I can size down in those from 11 to 10.5 due to the lack of much padding in the heel/ankle area. Same apply to Jordan 1 lows?

I hate to participate in sizing talk, but do these fit like GR dunks? I can size down in those from 11 to 10.5 due to the lack of much padding in the heel/ankle area. Same apply to Jordan 1 lows?
You def can half size down with the Jordan 1 lows because theres a fair amount of toe space. Having said that, I go tts in Jordan 1 lows and even though I do have toe space theres no heel slippage and also if I wear my pairs in the winter with thicker socks that will end up taking up some of the extra toe space.

I go a half size down on og low 1’s. The only one that’s fit better in an 11 (my og/85 high size) than a 10.5 is the neutral gray 85’s with the extra ankle padding. OG lows have run a little long for years.

You def can half size down with the Jordan 1 lows because theres a fair amount of toe space. Having said that, I go tts in Jordan 1 lows and even though I do have toe space theres no heel slippage and also if I wear my pairs in the winter with thicker socks that will end up taking up some of the extra toe space.

Thanks fellas. I figured but wanted to make sure. Tempted to grab these.

Back
Top Bottom