Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

lol I don’t think that’s correct.

Union 1 KO’s was the first KO lows so it was more of a tool to drum up interest and hype for KO lows, which JB did flood with several KO low colorways.

If you said the 22’ NG lows was used to drum up the 85 cut NG lows, then I’d see where you’re coming from. I honestly don’t think any of us expected them to re-release a NG low so soon on a first time 85 cut on a low. Feels like they could’ve made a bigger hype on 85 cut lows by giving it maybe Chicago or the black toes (instead of the recent BT lows)
Yes true, I agree. “Tool” was a better word, I just said it bluntly after a few beers. But pretty much all KO lows cw went on sale and don’t see much interest in em overall.

lol I don’t think that’s correct.

Union 1 KO’s was the first KO lows so it was more of a tool to drum up interest and hype for KO lows, which JB did flood with several KO low colorways.

If you said the 22’ NG lows was used to drum up the 85 cut NG lows, then I’d see where you’re coming from. I honestly don’t think any of us expected them to re-release a NG low so soon on a first time 85 cut on a low. Feels like they could’ve made a bigger hype on 85 cut lows by giving it maybe Chicago or the black toes (instead of the recent BT lows)
What’s strange was that it seemed apparent they would reserve the 85 hi and lows for the JB connoisseur who’s only concerns are for true-to-form retros and original colorways, but I totally forgot about the Georgetown 85s….

I love that they keep the 85 HIs as one per year release, and it looks they’ll continue down the OG route with the Georgetowns being a tangent?

What’s strange was that it seemed apparent they would reserve the 85 hi and lows for the JB connoisseur who’s only concerns are for true-to-form retros and original colorways, but I totally forgot about the Georgetown 85s….

I love that they keep the 85 HIs as one per year release, and it looks they’ll continue down the OG route with the Georgetowns being a tangent?
Weren’t the georgetowns an og sample/team cw? They said Hoyas in place of the wings logo.

Weren’t the georgetowns an og sample/team cw? They said Hoyas in place of the wings logo.
Oh right! Well hopefully they continue the OG colorway route then if that’s the case.

I remember the rumor of the Chicagos being done in the 85 mold in ‘25,? Hopefully that’s true, it’d be dope to see a truer retro.

Once you get into buying the OG cut Jordan Lows. It is hard to buy the regular lows. I like the Olive Low Crafts colors but not the cut anymore.

One of my favorite shoes ever. These and my black old skool vans are the only pairs that stay by the door.
20231106_122147.jpg

Once you get into buying the OG cut Jordan Lows. It is hard to buy the regular lows. I like the Olive Low Crafts colors but not the cut anymore.

Never did. "OG" or nothing for me. I feel like I'm shopping at Famous Footwear or Shoe Carnival when I see the non-"OG" cut 1 Lows (and Mids). I actually winced involuntarily when one of my friends walked up with a pair. I couldn't really communicate the difference to him, and didn't really care to, but he values my opinion on sneakers and I haven't seen him wear them around me since. I feel kinda bad about it because I didn't want to judge my guy, but I couldn't help pull a full on Michael Scott. Seriously, wear whatever you like, but I have an uncontrollable bias.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Never did. "OG" or nothing for me. I feel like I'm shopping at Famous Footwear or Shoe Carnival when I see the non-"OG" cut 1 Lows (and Mids). I actually winced involuntarily when one of my friends walked up with a pair. I couldn't really communicate the difference to him, and didn't really care to, but he values my opinion on sneakers and I haven't seen him wear them around me since. I feel kinda bad about it because I didn't want to judge my guy, but I couldn't help pull a full on Michael Scott. Seriously, wear whatever you like, but I have an uncontrollable bias.

the-office-michael-scott.gif
lol. I don't get the Mid hate. Some say quality. I only have one pair of mids and the quality is decent and colorway is fire

lol. I don't get the Mid hate. Some say quality. I only have one pair of mids and the quality is decent and colorway is fire

I get it, but I can't help it. I know some people feel the same way about AF1 Mids and I like those. I like 2 lows and 5 lows and 14 lows, but I just can't do the 1 Mids or non-"OG" lows.

Edit: Also, I'm sure part of it is that "quality is decent" is kinda a disqualifier if you've got as many pairs of sneakers as most of us here have. There are plenty of reprehensible shoes of decent quality with "fire" colorways. They're not making the cut in my already overpopulated rotation.

Last edited:
Loving my OG Lows ATM...

Really wanna cop the Atmospheres but the recent pickups have been ridiculous for me. Too much to even wear... shame because they are sitting hard.

IMG-20230831-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230831-WA0009.jpg
Wow, I was initially not a fan of the 🐘 print/Cement, but they look 🔥 on feet actually

The recent 85 NG lows are my first 85’s ever and I agree. Had the powder blue 1 lows before and something was always off about them. Maybe it was the fit, maybe the shape, color, I’m not sure. After wearing them once or twice I couldn’t stand them anymore.

The 85 lows fit much better but it’s probably due to the heavy padding which I don’t mind. The color and material is also a notch above so to me it’s worth it. While those black toe red lows are tempting, I don’t think I will ever buy another non 85 low again.

Guys got two or three pairs already while im still waiting for a "we haven't forgotten about you" email from APB :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

That whole company is a joke

Not a peep about my SS pair either. Meanwhile I ordered a pair from GBNY last week and it came next day with a free pair of socks.

Was doing the math last night because I was about to send an email about it, and realized that *technically* it's only been 8 business days, and their company line is "please allow 5-10 business days for shipping." Figured it was no use to email them because that was probably gonna be the response. :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom