Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Here is further evidence on the neutral grey lows regarding the swoosh-these were released in 1985:

IMG_1314.jpeg

You want to post actual evidence to refute this? We’ll wait.
I understand what you’re saying. I too love the details and want them correct. But serious question?

Do you own no Jordan 1 low/Hi then? No Jordan retros unless down to the mm it’s correct? Serious question

It’s so minor…overlay the OG low on that and I’ll be crying laughing. I refused to buy the OG lows because of that and the crap comfort and midsole.

There was never anything OG about the Hi tops or lows. They’re just so bad. 85 build for me or bust. The one exception is the lost and found. That’s it.
The pics don't lie, it's almost an exact 1:1 of the swoosh. And anyone who has owned both knows the build quality and break in, comfort, etc are way better on the 85. So I don't know why anyone would try to say the swoosh or build quality on the 85 lows is bad or off.

It’s not the best no, but the overall shoe period is better than every other Low. The shape, midsole and such on the 2015-2016 was no bueno, the swoosh was better.

How does that happen? People that were there in 2015 and such are now gone. There isn’t a ton of passion in all their products. Details are being missed, we get a proper midsole and better materials…but still a smaller swoosh.

There’s no convincing me the OG low is better than the 85 Low still. Superior build, comfort and quality. Like I said…the price just sucks.
For the record, I never argued that 2015-2016 quality was good-just that the swoosh has gotten worse since then, ESPECIALLY on the OG lows but it is also trash in the 85 lows (with a higher pricepoint to boot, as you mentioned).

I think you have a VERY valid point about them not having the passion for their products. It’s telling how there are manufacturers of fakes that put out AJ1s that are closer to the 1985 pairs than what Nike/JB are releasing. These 85 lows are no exception.

The pics don't lie, it's almost an exact 1:1 of the swoosh. And anyone who has owned both knows the build quality and break in, comfort, etc are way better on the 85. So I don't know why anyone would try to say the swoosh or build quality on the 85 lows is bad or off.
The swoosh is still off, even if it is “almost” 1:1 as you said.

That’s fine if you think that is okay but let’s not act like it’s the same as the OGs released in 1985. They could fix this but people like yourself don’t care and will mindlessly buy their products anyways, even with them increasing retail prices for them.

I understand what you’re saying. I too love the details and want them correct. But serious question?

Do you own no Jordan 1 low/Hi then? No Jordan retros unless down to the mm it’s correct? Serious question
Right, this is an issue with the 85s, specifically, since they are distinguishing them (from essentially all other AJ1 releases) and marketing them as literally 1985 retros when there are still glaring design issues.

For the record, I never argued that 2015-2016 quality was good-just that the swoosh has gotten worse since then, ESPECIALLY on the OG lows but it is also trash in the 85 lows (with a higher pricepoint to boot, as you mentioned).

I think you have a VERY valid point about them not having the passion for their products. It’s telling how there are manufacturers of fakes that put out AJ1s that are closer to the 1985 pairs than what Nike/JB are releasing. These 85 lows are no exception.
It’s a fact the passion is gone. I hung out with several Nike folks/ex Nike folks this summer 30-40 year employees. The pain in their voice and eyes was evident about the current people at the healm not giving an F. They nail 8 details but miss 2 that are very important. It honestly sucks.

Talked a lot with Tinker about this during that visit

It’s a fact the passion is gone. I hung out with several Nike folks/ex Nike folks this summer 30-40 year employees. The pain in their voice and eyes was evident about the current people at the healm not giving an F. They nail 8 details but miss 2 that are very important. It honestly sucks.

I’m with you on that for some retros, but pointing out a literal millimeter difference in the size of a swoosh 40 years later and thinking you don’t sound off your rocker is something. How dare the brand let me down by an mm on each side! 🤣

It sounds downright psychotic. I’m all for visible differences being minimized, but if you feel the size of the swoosh is off by your fingernail, I can’t take you seriously.

Sad to hear that but not surprising.

Seems like the brand has been going downhill but it also makes it very easy to simply not buy their products for the time being. Most of us have dozens of DS sneakers anyways. Also, none of us are dying for reimagined Shadows made out of Nubuck or patent leather reimagined Black IR 6s anyways lol

It is pretty hilarious how they are pushing Travis Scott-branded fusions and blatantly removed a lacehole OG AJ 1 lows so they could blatantly distinguish them from 85 lows though lol

20% off + $10 shipping I’ll take it!

What were those guys doing from 04-2016? The quality and attention to detail is way better today than it was during that period.

85 lows have a trash swoosh as well.

2015-2016 OG lows had the best swoosh.
I prefer either, but the 85 is by far closest to the OG. I’m not saying it’s better, but it’s the closest.

2015 big belly is nice, but more reminiscent to a blazer swoosh. I love how it fills up the negative space in the mid panel, but I don’t like the fillet point on top of the swoosh. That fillet point definitely doesn’t make it look like an AJ 1.

Excuse the detail talks fellas, but when there’s literally 4/5 different variants of the same shoe on the show floor, it’s definitely coming down to these little details that validates my purchases :lol:

What BS? You claimed nubuck and it’s a leather swoosh.

you can overlay an 85 and 85 low retro and they’re almost identical. That guy always has absurd takes
Who’s just talking about the swoosh?

Heel isn’t leather and if it is it’s likely junk leather

Sounds like you just care about the color way and not about keeping it normal?

Because the materials in the entire shoe are junk and anyone with two eyes can see that with just the black leather alone lol

But enjoy em !

What were those guys doing from 04-2016? The quality and attention to detail is way better today than it was during that period.
I’m not specifically talking about any era. I’m talking about the OG designers and innovators at the brand. The guys that helped create some of the best performance products. Not retros

Who’s just talking about the swoosh?

Heel isn’t leather and if it is it’s likely junk leather

Sounds like you just care about the color way and not about keeping it normal?

Because the materials in the entire shoe are junk and anyone with two eyes can see that with just the black leather alone lol

But enjoy em !
You actually think it’s nubuck and that 2015s had good leather though 🤣

Interesting that they decided to go with a larger swoosh on all the trav lows. Outside of the obvious larger reverse swoosh. Not as big as 2015s but bigger than standard OGs and slightly larger than 85s.
IMG_9594.jpeg

You actually think it’s nubuck and that 2015s had good leather though 🤣
Not a fan of shiny puffy garbage

See the black toes that released a little bit ago

Stop comparing to the 2015 as well, most if not all of us would take those over the “take down” cheap garbage with wacky materials

Not a fan of shiny puffy garbage

See the black toes that released a little bit ago

Stop comparing to the 2015 as well, most if not all of us would take those over the “take down” cheap garbage with wacky materials
Speak for yourself. I’ll take the leather on current OG lows rather than rock hard pleather every single time. Those 15s are rocks, uncomfortable, and terrible materials. The only thing they have going for them is an airship-sized swoosh.

You also think those shadows are made of nubuck though so I can’t say I put much faith into your assessment of materials.

Back
Top Bottom