Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

$96 in cart (40% off)

IMG_1893.jpeg

How often do they do sales like this?
I'm usually awake around that time...

Those Neutral Grey 85 lows arrived today & they are the best, absolutely going into rotation immediately & will be beat all summer. I can’t believe how quiet it was for those & they’re on sale!
You really can't? Jordan 1s in general are completely dead. Nike/JB killed all hype in them, just like they did for Dunks. They're crazy for pricing 85 lows at $160, few people are going to pay that ticket price.

The only exceptions are Travis collabs otherwise the model is the new Air Force 1 as OG Highs/OG lows/CMFTS have now joined Mids and Jumpman lows as modern hood outlet classics lol

Not a bad thing since people who want 1s don't have to take Ls on SNKRs and discounts can be had on them. I'm just hopeful they lower the retail price on them-$160 retail for 85 1 lows and $180 for OG highs is highway robbery, esp. given how bad 99% of the cws are.

You really can't? Jordan 1s in general are completely dead. Nike/JB killed all hype in them, just like they did for Dunks. They're crazy for pricing 85 lows at $160, few people are going to pay that ticket price.

The only exceptions are Travis collabs otherwise the model is the new Air Force 1 as OG Highs/OG lows/CMFTS have now joined Mids and Jumpman lows as modern hood outlet classics lol

Not a bad thing since people who want 1s don't have to take Ls on SNKRs and discounts can be had on them. I'm just hopeful they lower the retail price on them-$160 retail for 85 1 lows and $180 for OG highs is highway robbery, esp. given how bad 99% of the cws are.
Yeah, I don’t care about 1s not being popular for resellers or kids. Every few years those tastes change. As a fan & collector, I buy what I want & I like that being easy. & it’s even better if I can get things on sale. I paid $119, not retail. I’ll let everything sit if it saves me money & I can get it cheaper. 1s aren’t dead at all, people are actually wearing them outside, I just spent all weekend in airports & in a stadium of 70k + all I saw across all ages were Jordan 1s, Highs, Lows & Mids. & Yeezys. They’re still selling out, maybe not instantly, or quickly, but that narrative has to stop. It’s a forever sneaker Fam.

Yeah, I don’t care about 1s not being popular for resellers or kids. Every few years those tastes change. As a fan & collector, I buy what I want & I like that being easy. & it’s even better if I can get things on sale. I paid $119, not retail. I’ll let everything sit if it saves me money & I can get it cheaper. 1s aren’t dead at all, people are actually wearing them outside, I just spent all weekend in airports & in a stadium of 70k + all I saw across all ages were Jordan 1s, Highs, Lows & Mids. & Yeezys. They’re still selling out, maybe not instantly, or quickly, but that narrative has to stop. It’s a forever sneaker Fam.
To be clear, aside from extremely limited collabs like the Travis one, 1s are absolutely dead in terms of hype. Obviously, the model is still popular-in the same vein Air Force 1s and GR Dunks are. Those constantly go on sale, which isn’t a bad thing but they are also dead in terms of hype.

Also, I doubt you’ll ever see Air Jordan 1 hype on the level we saw in 2020-2021 because:

1.) Pandemic economy with people stuck at home and stimulus-money reselling.

2.) Nike/JB responded to this by flooding the market and even creating new models like the CMFTS, Elements, etc. etc. Jordan Brand literally created an “Air Jordan 1” office ONLY focused on the AJ 1 lol

To be clear, aside from extremely limited collabs like the Travis one, 1s are absolutely dead in terms of hype. Obviously, the model is still popular-in the same vein Air Force 1s and GR Dunks are. Those constantly go on sale, which isn’t a bad thing but they are also dead in terms of hype.

Also, I doubt you’ll ever see Air Jordan 1 hype on the level we saw in 2020-2021 because:

1.) Pandemic economy with people stuck at home and stimulus-money reselling.

2.) Nike/JB responded to this by flooding the market and even creating new models like the CMFTS, Elements, etc. etc. Jordan Brand literally created an “Air Jordan 1” office ONLY focused on the AJ 1 lol

Nike controls the inventory, they could easily slash production numbers and limit supply. They just haven't wanted to go in that direction yet. Why haven't the released any of the big hitters in the 85 cut? They are keeping those aces in their pockets. We all know that a Chicago or Black/Red in the 85 cut is going to make people lose their minds.

Nike controls the inventory, they could easily slash production numbers and limit supply. They just haven't wanted to go in that direction yet. Why haven't the released any of the big hitters in the 85 cut? They are keeping those aces in their pockets. We all know that a Chicago or Black/Red in the 85 cut is going to make people lose their minds.

I think they're going to have to drop that card sooner than they think.

I think they're going to have to drop that card sooner than they think.

Maybe. They are busy crunching numbers, projecting sales, factoring production costs, comparing sales year over year, and watching stock numbers. Those are the things they care about, and if those things look good they will hold out for as long as they can.

They can also kick the can down the road for the real trump card. They can release all of the OGs in the 85 mold, and then do and 85 mold+, where they fix the collar height and straighten out the back. Then an 85 Premium that has the original thickness and height of the outsole. Then an 85 Premier that finally has the fat swoosh. Finally they can have a "True OG" 1 to 1 release that fixed whatever shape and material differences remain. All for decades of releasing the same shoes over and over while raising the price.

sddefault.jpg

I'm not saying they will go this route for sure, but they have the choice to do so. Just like they slow rolled the changes from the mold of the 2010s to what we have now.

L&Fs didn’t make people “lose their minds” about OG High AJ 1s.

Popular OG , if left unaltered (or at least relatively in the case of L&Fs) will still sell well because those are the cws most people want. All of the other trash GR retro+ cws like Brotherhoods, etc. are basically made for outlets and discount racks.

The model is still solid but Nike flooded the market with it and killed the hype. Again, this is a good thing for people who like the model and don’t care about hype or the quality of cws since we now get a large amount of cws.

Not sure who is paying $180 retail for most of this trash though, hopefully everyone knows to wait for sales.

Maybe. They are busy crunching numbers, projecting sales, factoring production costs, comparing sales year over year, and watching stock numbers. Those are the things they care about, and if those things look good they will hold out for as long as they can.

They can also kick the can down the road for the real trump card. They can release all of the OGs in the 85 mold, and then do and 85 mold+, where they fix the collar height and straighten out the back. Then an 85 Premium that has the original thickness and height of the outsole. Then an 85 Premier that finally has the fat swoosh. Finally they can have a "True OG" 1 to 1 release that fixed whatever shape and material differences remain. All for decades of releasing the same shoes over and over while raising the price.

sddefault.jpg

I'm not saying they will go this route for sure, but they have the choice to do so. Just like they slow rolled the changes from the mold of the 2010s to what we have now.
I hate that your idea here would likely get you into upper management at Nike/JB lol

It’s brilliant from a sales perspective but terrible from a consumer perspective. Then again, they are shrinking swooshes and taking away laceholes on the OG 1 lows so I’m not surprised.

L&Fs didn’t make people “lose their minds” about OG High AJ 1s.

Popular OG , if left unaltered (or at least relatively in the case of L&Fs) will still sell well because those are the cws most people want. All of the other trash GR retro+ cws like Brotherhoods, etc. are basically made for outlets and discount racks.

The model is still solid but Nike flooded the market with it and killed the hype. Again, this is a good thing for people who like the model and don’t care about hype or the quality of cws since we now get a large amount of cws.

Not sure who is paying $180 retail for most of this trash though, hopefully everyone knows to wait for sales.

I think we pretty much agree on everything either one of us said. I for one love that hype is dead and actually prefer it stay that way. Grabbing shoes on discount has been great.

I hate that your idea here would likely get you into upper management at Nike/JB lol

It’s brilliant from a sales perspective but terrible from a consumer perspective. Then again, they are shrinking swooshes and taking away laceholes on the OG 1 lows so I’m not surprised.

Lol maybe I need a change in career. If you think of things from the view of the company every decision makes sense. It's just the sad reality I guess.

Since they gonna start dropping non og colors in the low 85.....hope in 2025 we get a banned color or chicago. That'd be really 🔥

Back
Top Bottom