Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

and the early pairs are being copped..

im still not convinced by em.. no matter how much tries to convince me.. are the OG folks here buying them?

Well bay area folks, some guy seems to have a lot for sale

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/clo/3263708859.html

theres TONS of seller on ebay too selling these early pairs. man its crazy. so much skepticism, i dont know who or what to believe. ill just wait until december :smile:

That's weird. My Concords had a date from end of June- July 31st. These where from Footlocker too. :shrugs:

maybe an employee got a pair from air randy and swapped out the real ones in the box for what you now have in your posession :x:tongue:

i kid lol

That was the plan, initially. I guess you could argue that in pursuit of this, they've also created a rarity factor. They COULD go back to Nike Air to re-energize the base if they needed to, and they wouldn't really risk JB's autonomy because they've largely established that by now. It's kind of an ace in the hole, perfect storm situation they've created.
You know damn well you'd be thinking about sneakers job or no job, don't play that self-righteous card when you're in the catbird seat.
BTW, for y'all throwing rocks at the "taxpayers paying" nonsense - he is a taxpayer. When you are employed, you pay into unemployment insurance through your taxes so that those out of work can have a bit of a safety net. The inherent implication is that one day YOU might be one of those people. That's how the system is SUPPOSED to work. That's the concept of INSURANCE, of which the unemployment program is a form.
Exactly how much should one make before they can buy $200 shoes? You tell me, Milton Friedman - I'll wait....
If he's not taking food of his family's plate or buying kicks with the electric bill money, then what exactly is the problem? What is somebody who is getting by on low income without much assets or credit to do? Should they save up to buy a house one pair of sneakers at a time? ...And, then get denied the loan anyway because they don't make enough income according to the bank?
There are lot of reasons why systematically disenfranchised people remain poor. Buying sneakers is not one of them.
In fact, ironically enough, it is not the poor, but the overnight wealthy (i.e. celebs, athletes, etc.) who spend themselves into bankruptcy.
Say what's up to Buffy for me at the next polo match, though.
Hold on buddy you're getting excited, don't get your panties in a bunch. And $200 shoes shouldn't be bought when you can't afford to eat, pay rent/mortgage, pay bills, or you are living on assistance. Disenfranchised people remain poor because they think like you--"what's one, or two, or three pairs of $200 Jordan's?"

Buffy says, what's up?

Last edited:
You know d*mn well I wouldn't be purchasing shoes if I got fired/laid off. I would go as far as selling my shoes to help me and my family get through.

In another note, I'm purchasing another pair of these come release date and compare them with my early release pair.

honestly im not buying this 2 week production date bs... if the pairs closer to the drop have the same extra close dates ill admit i was wrong...but until then im keeping the pistol in the holster ... still looking for some ds og's or 01's & i could dead this entire christmas xi search for myself & focus on getting the gf caught up(gray xii's, gmp vii's & blk/red iv) & getting my mini me a pair or 2 of xi

honestly im not buying this 2 week production date bs... if the pairs closer to the drop have the same extra close dates ill admit i was wrong...but until then im keeping the pistol in the holster ... still looking for some ds og's or 01's & i could dead this entire christmas xi search for myself & focus on getting the gf caught up(gray xii's, gmp vii's & blk/red iv) & getting my mini me a pair or 2 of xi
I agree. 3 weeks or less production dates is the easiest way to spot fakes.

That was the plan, initially. I guess you could argue that in pursuit of this, they've also created a rarity factor. They COULD go back to Nike Air to re-energize the base if they needed to, and they wouldn't really risk JB's autonomy because they've largely established that by now. It's kind of an ace in the hole, perfect storm situation they've created.
You know damn well you'd be thinking about sneakers job or no job, don't play that self-righteous card when you're in the catbird seat.

I dont necessarily agree with this.

The reason JB doesnt brand any of their shoes with the NIKE AIR logo is simple. $$$.

Jordan is a division of Nike.

Branding Jordan shoes with NIKE AIR means additional percentage points on sales for NIKE and less for JORDAN.

It would cost Jordan Brand more money to use Nike's logo versus their own, even though they are under the same unbrella.

Its a business decision, nothing more, nothing less.

:lol:

Because you know me so well. My child, Mortgage, insurance, taxes, 401k so much other things to worry about if I were to lose my job before I would even think about buying shoes.

But let me just continue to play that self-righteous card....

If you want to know how to spot fakes there is one simple easy way. CARBON FIBER.

Fakes have NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER used real carbon fiber.

/end discussion.

Last edited:
dont start the debate please..... please.... because thats not the only way

I didnt say it was the only way. It's just the easiest way.

no you are right i misread.. its not the only way......

But you cant really believe they make a few thousand promo run pairs before the actual run ,because it looks like the people who have em have a size run each if not 2 or more fsr's...

so its more than a few hunderd promo pairs for venders, account holder etc... these are full production runs before the offical production runs happen ... call them what you want but im not messing with any blk/red xi(aside from og's or 01's) until late Nov. early Dec

Last edited:
I dont necessarily agree with this.
The reason JB doesnt brand any of their shoes with the NIKE AIR logo is simple. $$$.
Jordan is a division of Nike.
Branding Jordan shoes with NIKE AIR means additional percentage points on sales for NIKE and less for JORDAN.
It would cost Jordan Brand more money to use Nike's logo versus their own, even though they are under the same unbrella.
Its a business decision, nothing more, nothing less.
Word.

How much would one pay at retail off the bat to have it say "Nike Air"?  $200?  250? 

Resellers would then be asking for +$500.

Word.

How much would one pay at retail off the bat to have it say "Nike Air"?  $200?  250? 

Resellers would then be asking for +$500.

on the insole? this nike air fight makes no sense in an XI thread, in a jordan I-VI it does so lets get back to the shoes at hand and not worry about nike air being on the insole :smh:

So, why do the promotional pairs only take 2 weeks to produce whereas the official ones take 2 months?

Well, my spidey sense is telling me that obviously they dont make as many promo pairs as they do retail pairs for the general public..

Last edited:
So your saying they made a **** ton of "promo" pairs because they are making a **** ton x2 of actual rd pairs?

"Promo" just sounds much better than "Factory Variants" "Fake", and/or "Replicas" :lol:

Seriously though, the infatuation with buying shoes earlier than everyone is getting silly.

Why risk it? Especially the ones who still buy a pair on release date.

Last edited:
Cant wait for these to come out! I Just wish there would be a special box! i like the special boxes, that what make them even greater then they are.

"Promo" just sounds much better than "Factory Variants" "Fake", and/or "Replicas" :lol:

Seriously though, the infatuation with buying shoes earlier than everyone is getting silly.

slow n steady.... i hadnt gotten to that point yet... but in my opinios promo=fake=bang bang

i bought a pair from misterj & they looked ok.... didnt smell right imo ,had the soft pl toebox. & the 2 week prodo dates

Applying for my gun license tomorrow, getting my homie to sneak some flash bangs off the military base and copping a gillie suit. The goons aren't gonna know what hit them 
Any NTers wit a LMG holla at me. 
I don't know about the flash bangs and the gillie suit (it's ghillie, btw), but I always carry whenever I hit up a release at the mall. I've never even come close to putting my hand on it, but then again, none of the releases have been super crazy (YET). I missed the Concords release, but I heard that was kinda crazy. They always have a lot of security up there nowadays (which I think was a result of the Concords release), so people aren't really acting a fool. But you never know...Rather have it and not need it than...u know the rest. The GMP release prolly woulda been crazy had they not done a raffle for 'em. It cut down on the BS considerably. Though I doubt they'd ever use a raffle system for a GR, if they were going to, these would be the release to do it this year.

Btw, what exactly are u implying you're going to do with a ghillie suit and flash bang grenade? Last I checked, they don't sell shoes in the jungle. 

For those that don't know, THIS is a ghillie suit:

QFT. This man know his sh*t

Back
Top Bottom