Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

Was able to find someone to do an even swap for my size on instagram...very thankful 
pimp.gif

He needed an 11.5 and I needed a 10.5...all dealt in good terms and soon to have them in our hands

diggin these b/c then i won't have to worry about the yellowing in the iced out soles like the cords and jams

This will be the 3rd time I'll have these in my life....Really hope I don't sell them again. This time its for keeps.

damn you dudes and your OG show & tell. All I have is a JB produced carbon copy with a peeled off 23 on the back. I like them because I've never owned the OGs or 1st retro, but I hate them because I don't wanna rock them with shorts due to the missing 23 on each shoe. I might get this new retro only because it's not easy finding a pair of older size 14s in good condition (when I have the extra money to spend on kicks of course), or I might sleep on this release only to be satisfied with my pair:

Ogs are very good comfort wise and very durable.. will buy the 2012 pair since these are one of my favorite Jordans
7dc35a7ae126bb266a97c2c997c8ff19d156519.JPG

eek.gif
from what I scanned in the last two pages, there is a severe lack of knowledge about the shoes. Of course the younger "collectors" are in it for the hype as evidenced by those terrible stealth 10's 
sick.gif
.  For those that don't know, there is a connection between seeing Jordan play and wanting the shoes the first time around. Watching him as a kid, in terms of a sports star, he was basically the closest to a real life superhero as you can get on the basketball court. To be frank, as good as Lebron is now, he's not nearly as spectacular to watch as Jordan. That being said, every kid who watched Jordan, whether they hated or loved him, wanted his shoe. Hell, I was a Knick fan as a kid and couldn't stand him. I didn't get them the first time around because having Jordans in the 'hood had a negative connotation. Usually drug dealers had them and wearing them would attract negative attention. On occasion, some kids were even walking home barefoot without their J's on. So, that ended that for me as a kid as far as my dad was concerned. I agree with Ironman's assessment completely. Kids now only want it because it's cool, as the outrageous reseller prices indicate. Jordan's are just a commodity to be bought, re-sold, and traded. It's basically a sneaker version of hip hop. It's lost it's soul and meaning. It's sad. All you younger dudes who think older guys are just being grumpy or hating, just sit down and be quiet and admit what you are, hypebeasts. We'd have more respect for those who just admit who they are instead of lying just to be another sheep in the herd. BTW, can any of you "new" collectors divulge any knowledge about the history of the shoes you crave? I know it's easy during the age of the internet, but I'm just sayin.

the mayans were right, this release will bring on the end of the world lol the internet will get shutdown, people dying in the streets

Originally Posted by kian florida

Fudge the price just hope JB put's a little better quality in em than some of the other crap lately

Yeah it is such a shame for them to ruin such a amazing looking sneaker.

Originally Posted by beh235

eek.gif
from what I scanned in the last two pages, there is a severe lack of knowledge about the shoes. Of course the younger "collectors" are in it for the hype as evidenced by those terrible stealth 10's 
sick.gif
.  For those that don't know, there is a connection between seeing Jordan play and wanting the shoes the first time around. Watching him as a kid, in terms of a sports star, he was basically the closest to a real life superhero as you can get on the basketball court. To be frank, as good as Lebron is now, he's not nearly as spectacular to watch as Jordan. That being said, every kid who watched Jordan, whether they hated or loved him, wanted his shoe. Hell, I was a Knick fan as a kid and couldn't stand him. I didn't get them the first time around because having Jordans in the 'hood had a negative connotation. Usually drug dealers had them and wearing them would attract negative attention. On occasion, some kids were even walking home barefoot without their J's on. So, that ended that for me as a kid as far as my dad was concerned. I agree with Ironman's assessment completely. Kids now only want it because it's cool, as the outrageous reseller prices indicate. Jordan's are just a commodity to be bought, re-sold, and traded. It's basically a sneaker version of hip hop. It's lost it's soul and meaning. It's sad. All you younger dudes who think older guys are just being grumpy or hating, just sit down and be quiet and admit what you are, hypebeasts. We'd have more respect for those who just admit who they are instead of lying just to be another sheep in the herd. BTW, can any of you "new" collectors divulge any knowledge about the history of the shoes you crave? I know it's easy during the age of the internet, but I'm just sayin.

Couldn't have said it better.

These kids and "new collectors" can't even relate to seeing those MJ commercials then begging your parents for the shoes. If & when your parents got you those shoes, you could barely sleep at night with anticipation to wear them to school, ball in them & even watch MJ play with those same shoes on. I remember as kid getting all the new Jordans, going to school feeling like I'm the man & trying to do that infamous fade away jumper & the free throw line dunk (Jumpman) on Fisher Price b-ball courts 
laugh.gif
. My 1st pair of Jordan's were white cement IV's in '89

Originally Posted by loshirtsandretros

eek.gif
sick.gif

These kids and "new collectors" can't even relate to seeing those MJ commercials then begging your parents for the shoes. If & when your parents got you those shoes, you could barely sleep at night with anticipation to wear them to school, ball in them & even watch MJ play with those same shoes on. I remember as kid getting all the new Jordans, going to school feeling like I'm the man & trying to do that infamous fade away jumper & the free throw line dunk (Jumpman) on Fisher Price b-ball courts 
laugh.gif
I think there's one thing to be said however. It wasn't up until jordan 1st retired in 1993 that people really started to love and appreciate him like that. Prior to that, it wasn't kool to have jordan come to your city and destroy your home team by 30+ points. There were A LOT of people pre-1995 who hated jordan and the bulls. When he left in 1993, that is everyone kinda realized that the nba wasn't the same without him. He had this affect on the league that nobody else had. With that being said, there were many people who have always preferred the shoes over the man himself. As a sonics fan, i was one of them lol.

eek.gif
sick.gif
THIS!
Amen brother....
pimp.gif

Had 3 pairs of the 1st time they retroed them. House got robbed and never saw them again. It was a sad day

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by loshirtsandretros

eek.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
I think there's one thing to be said however. It wasn't up until jordan 1st retired in 1993 that people really started to love and appreciate him like that. Prior to that, it wasn't kool to have jordan come to your city and destroy your home team by 30+ points. There were A LOT of people pre-1995 who hated jordan and the bulls. When he left in 1993, that is everyone kinda realized that the nba wasn't the same without him. He had this affect on the league that nobody else had. With that being said, there were many people who have always preferred the shoes over the man himself. As a sonics fan, i was one of them lol.
True indeed. Although I was Bulls fan ever since I can remember. Sixers became my team after he retired in 98. I'm proud to say that I saw him play at the Spectrum

Back
Top Bottom