Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

EXACTLY. People acting like reselling is pure evil. 

You're foolish if you don't take advantage of making a profit of doubling what you paid for

dont hate the resellers...hate the idiots driving the market price...resellers just provide a service...

...like prostitutes and drug dealers...oldest professions in the world

space jams and the anniversary 11's fit kinda big on me, and I wear a size 11 TTS.. I had to get a 10.5 in the black/red 11s and they fit perfect so YMMV

space jams and the anniversary 11's fit kinda big on me, and I wear a size 11 TTS.. I had to get a 10.5 in the black/red 11s and they fit perfect so YMMV

IMO these fit TTS. Maybe more on the snug side as some are saying..

Honestly they are much more comfortable than the concords. I've worn my black and reds about 3-4 times now and the zoom feels like its actually in the sole.

There are no rights in the free market...there is no Occupy Nike...
And if you are selling your own personal property you are not a company, you do not need to file taxes. You paid the tax on the purcahse. No different than selling a ring a the pawn shop.
If you are selling your property, and the acquisition of said property was for the express purpose of realizing a profit, then the purchase and sale of that "property," which heretofore was the ostensible "private hobby," is going to appear "business like" in the eyes of the IRS.  

You ever heard of a capital gain, friend?

There are also things that the IRS considers "de minimis." The fortuitous transaction wherein a pair of Chutney XIIIs are sold is not going to implicate any IRS scrutiny. However, if you're buying Jordans to sell at a profit, you're in the business of buying and selling goods and should be treated no differently than a brick and mortar retailer (for tax liability purposes). 

My bona fides on this: Federal Taxation class - second year of law school, run my own business (Engineer), brother works for SEC.

The whole re-seller thing is beautiful actually. It's 19th century American capitalism at it's best. The **** is full scale Horatio Alger myth at it's purest (Horatio Alger - incidentally, my name on that *other* shoe website). Resellers have created an artificial market (eBay) that people reflexively look to when their normal spots are tapped out. But if you put in just a little leg work, you may find some collecting dust in the most unexpected places (*cough* Nordstrom, ****'s, some department stores in wealthier counties [where I know for a fact that a size 14 still sits un-purchased]).

You have to be complimentary of folks who are willing to work angles, put in the time, effort, and preparation, to do anything better and more efficiently than the next guy. If they want to capitalize on that determination or other's lack of creativity, far be it for me or any one else to fault them. They are only satisfying a commodity niche and charging you a premium for their energy and effort. 

And the demand is driving the price, not the reseller. Supply has gotten progressively better, but that hasn't assuaged the thirst. There are thousands of unclaimed XIs sitting on ebay and Craigslist that are still being purchased for $350.00. The only "supply gap" is with respect to what can be ascertained at retail.  

I live in NWDC. I knew that I wasn't getting them in DC, MoCo, PG, et cetera. So I drove to a department store in a small college town in VA, 150 miles from my house, to buy them. I went back the following day and bought the size 10.5 because they still had a few sizes left. Look around, you may be like me and find a size 11 Concord sitting around three weeks after RD.

But yet people are paying $350+ on eBay. SMH. 

Deepvoice: YEA! (that's for the mods)

I'm sorry to hear that they cancelled your order, I ordered from them as well.  Did you hear from them at all with a conformation email, or did they just cancel?

Oh yeah bro, they definitely sent me a confirmation email. Since the order I sent a few emails, but no answer back. All of a sudden I get a cancelation and a refund from PayPal. So I sent a next email letting him know what I think if them. He said they were off for Christmas and weren't able to keep up with orders. He finally sent me an email back saying he will try and get my size. Lets see how they work out.

thats a common stereo-type but so, so incorrect.
a lot of people flip shoes because they can. your statement would be more accurate if you were describing bulk buyers.

That's what I was describing, selling an extra pair or two isn't a reseller to me

can any air jordan expert compare the 2012 Bred Xi to the 2008 CDP bred XI?

which one has the better quality? 

any info would help! thanks alot!

Ugh...got my pair and realized as others have mentioned that it is too snug in the pinkie toe area (not a problem with my Concords). Should have gone a size up. Now hoping I get another pair on the restock.

How does my pair I ordered from sweden (shelta) get to me before my finishline. FNL needs to step their game up! But hey, at least I got em

That's what I was describing, selling an extra pair or two isn't a reseller to me

You act as if those guys getting 2-3 "extra" pairs would stop at those #'s even if they could acquire both. I doubt that if they could get their hands on 50-70 pairs at retail, that they would pass them up (if they had that kind of money). The thing with people getting 2-3 pairs is, thats all they can do. They get 2-3 extra people to line up. So the way you are distinguishing resellers... is flawed.

This guy said it the best....

I used to think this way...
Then I realized that capitalism infiltrates EVERYTHING...
For example... You mean to tell me that if you were ABLE to get your hands on 70 pairs for RETAIL or UNDER... and had disposable income to purchase them... you would pass on the opportunity?
If I told you the profit Margin I bet anything you would not pass up the opportunity...
The point is not to make people agree with what resellers do... its that fact that people want to judge them/us for doing what they/we do...
Reselling is to Capitalism what Apple Pie is to America...
And nothing gets more Capitalistic than the American society...

Sizing Question:
Anyone notice the inconsistent fit on all the recent retro 11's? SJ were really tight, CG felt better but could be snug to some, same with concords. Now these new black red 11's feel a little tight also.
I wear 9.5 TTS and never had this issue with my 2000 - 2001 retros.
I should of .5 sized up with all these recent 11's and got size 10
Anyone else notice this of have this issue?

Received my 2 pairs from NDC on Dec 24th and they are definitely snug compared to concords, cool greys, and SJ's. All my XI's are 10.5 but I need an 11 in these. Wasn't too happy with this situation. Luckily, I was able to trade these 10.5's for 11's through my local FB sneaker group.

Might be SOL on the this FNL restock everyone is dreaming of. The page went from currently unavailable listing all sizes out of stock to just a picture of breds saying unavailable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom