Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

Originally Posted by Kontraband1911

@jumpman how much did you pay for the OGs?

Didn't know he bought OGs NUPE...thought he said they were retro? 
eek.gif

wink.gif

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

eek.gif

wink.gif
lmao just peeped that. check ya inbox imma send you a dm

edit: i think i automatically assumed it cuz everyone always talking about "for price these retros are going for i'd look for OGs"

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

so ive heard from multiple sources that columbias and black/reds this year? since there is no info on the columbias im guessing if it did happen it would be a QS on them or not at all. im hoping for the black/red lows instead of the mids but thats just me probably

Saving enough to double cop both pairs just in case JB tries to pull out a QS cash cow on us..
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nermindee

Originally Posted by mobbyluii

my CDP breds just came in.. and gott damn they fit better than the concords..
NO

CDP were the most disappointing XI ever. Took them out of the box and nearly threw up in disgust
sick.gif
. Look, fit, everything was bad about the shoe. Glad i sold them.

If my eye sigh serves me right, the pictures he posted are 2001 Retros.  
laugh.gif

Don't know where u see OG's. 

i dont think these will be as hard as concords to get, black/red is my favorite 11 and shoe in general but the masses have always loved the concord more except for the OGs of course, concords sat in 95 but in 96 the black/reds flew

Not really understanding what you're saying here.

First, these will be hard to get, period. X-mas plus whatever Jordan releasing always equals some level of chaos. It's been this way for years. It didn't start with the Concord release. That release just took it to another level of insanity.
Second, you say the masses have always loved the Concords more, yet they(OGs) sat while the black/reds flew off shelves. Just from that statement it would seem as if the black/reds are the most favored colorway. I know it's all a matter of opinion, but I strongly believe most people feel the black/reds are the top colorway of the 11. This will be the third time the black/red 11s will release for the X-mas holiday. Jordan Brand knows their money maker. Yes, I know, any 11 pretty much equals hype and more money for Jordan Brand.

My favorite 11 colorway to look at...my favorite on feet are my space jams or concords...although breds are the "safest" to rock since the soles don't yellow

Originally Posted by blacklion23

i dont think these will be as hard as concords to get, black/red is my favorite 11 and shoe in general but the masses have always loved the concord more except for the OGs of course, concords sat in 95 but in 96 the black/reds flew

Not really understanding what you're saying here.

First, these will be hard to get, period. X-mas plus whatever Jordan releasing always equals some level of chaos. It's been this way for years. It didn't start with the Concord release. That release just took it to another level of insanity.
Second, you say the masses have always loved the Concords more, yet they(OGs) sat while the black/reds flew off shelves. Just from that statement it would seem as if the black/reds are the most favored colorway. I know it's all a matter of opinion, but I strongly believe most people feel the black/reds are the top colorway of the 11. This will be the third time the black/red 11s will release for the X-mas holiday. Jordan Brand knows their money maker. Yes, I know, any 11 pretty much equals hype and more money for Jordan Brand.

i remember people grabbing concords for really cheap in 95/96 when they went on sale but the black/reds flew, with that being said out of all the 11 releases including cdp the concord was the craziest release, so hence why these wont be as hard but still will be hard to get. i didnt say it was an easy cop just not as crazy as concords (for some reason cuz black/red >>>any other XI)

That package would cause more riots seriously .

You guys saw what happened last year for the concords.

The " Get Money Boys " will have the whole crew out this year. Lmao

Why would they release the low and mid Bred 11s in the same year ?

Maybe the package will come out , I need to save more bread.

Originally Posted by YoShoeGameIsWack

That package would cause more riots seriously .

You guys saw what happened last year for the concords.

The " Get Money Boys " will have the whole crew out this year. Lmao

Why would they release the low and mid Bred 11s in the same year ?

Maybe the package will come out , I need to save more bread.
I'm surprise they would even consider a XI pack as they can keep us all thirsty for more by releasing a classic XI every year. Doesn't matter what they end up doing this year, I will be getting the Black/Red pair. Just need to do my homework before release date.

wow looking at everyones OGs makes me want these even more. im half and half about JB releasing shoes making all new sneakerheads and all new resellers jumping on these kicks. smh

Originally Posted by truongxlong

wow looking at everyones OGs  2001 retros makes me want these even more. im half and half about JB releasing shoes making all new sneakerheads and all new resellers jumping on these kicks. smh

fixed....smh....this will always be my pet peeve... folks(or maybe kids) who don't know the difference between an actual OG/Original and Retro Air Jordan...gives you guys(or teenager/kids...90s babies) that are new to this a bad name...

Originally Posted by MJ4EVER2320

Think I am gonna sell my 2001 pair and re up with these

Why?  Unless maybe your 01's are beat.  Everytime I put on my 01 breds after wearing my 09-2011 xi's, it feels WAY better and more comfortable.  So much more cushion.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by truongxlong

wow looking at everyones OGs  2001 retros makes me want these even more. im half and half about JB releasing shoes making all new sneakerheads and all new resellers jumping on these kicks. smh

fixed....smh....this will always be my pet peeve... folks(or maybe kids) who don't know the difference between an actual OG/Original and Retro Air Jordan...gives you guys(or teenager/kids...90s babies) that are new to this a bad name...
These are probably one of the easiest shoes to tell the difference between the two.  All you have to do is look at that unfinished (white) lining where the patent is stitched to the shoe's upper.

As for the post about selling 2001s to get these, unless they fix the shape, patent cut, and give more ankle/tongue padding...I wouldn't do it.

^ Exactly. Dropped $350 shipped for my pair. May have to get another before it's all said and done, probably complete my set of early 2000s XIs first. Considering the crazy prices people paid (and are still paying) for 2011 Concords, I don't regret it one bit. Pretty sure this release will wind up being the same if not worse on the resell market.

Why wouldn't Jordan Brand release the Columbia XI's as their own stand alone holiday release next year... is it because they might believe they won't sell out like all the other XI's?

I also wonder what they're going to do once the cycle is done with XI's every holiday... if they release both Breds and Columbia's this year or save the Columbia's for next year and that's the end of the XI's will they start the cycle over again with the SpaceJams, then Cool Grey's, and etc. or would they bring out different colorways or different signature models?

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

eek.gif

wink.gif
laugh.gif
yeah they are the '01s but they were $350. Retail was $110 back then so I paid +$240... And since they are 11 years old I basically paid a $20/year premium for an amazing quality shoe in perfect condition. More than I can say for the people who will be waiting in line (time = money; I have a job and am too old to waste time waiting in line) or paying a $70-120 premium directly after release for a lesser quality retro (assuming resell prices are around $250-300 and retail is $180).

BE SMART PEOPLE!!! Find the '01 for $325-375 if you can and don't give JB your money for these new ones. Cop the 11 year old pair, let the 11 year olds cop the new pair
wink.gif

a little more money and you could have OGs, and the difference between 01s and the cdp is almost equivalent to the difference in OGs to 01s IMO

Back
Top Bottom