Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

AMEN! I'm so sick of hearing about the box, that's one thing I never understood. When these first came out  back in the day did they have a special box with
a sliding drawer?

To me a BOX is a BOX... it's this whole "new" generation of Jordan collectors that make this one such a  big deal.

Pipe down I asked to make sure a pair I buy is legit, I don't care if they come in a pizza box

ya, i get that
& there a lot of people who prefer the red to the clear regardless of deterioration

the space jams are interesting cause they bring the best of both worlds, black upper with icy sole
but no ode to the bulls colorways

I completely disagree.....you dont have to worry about any yellowing with these bruh....and if you keep them clean they will always look that way...
This.

Hence so many people asking "how'd u get those early?" when they see a pair of 01s or 06s...if you keep em clean, they will look brand spanking nu-nu.  Wish i could say the same about concords
ohwell.gif

when should the legit early sites go green . I'm getting old and don't have time for the stand in line bs that comes with j's now days

I think everyone who agrees would love to have the pull out box like the concords it just adds to the entire package, this just looks like it wasnt well prepared packaging wise, but the shoe should be fire.

Why would the breds have an icy sole when most of the bottom is red?!?!? Are y'all really Sneakerheads?????

you mis-read
the fact that they don't have an icy sole puts them down a notch in comparison to the concord
because the concord does have an icy sole; rubber-gum soles look best icy, not red - therefore the black-red
can't compete da concord as it was made

in my opinion
though this colorway reps the chicago bulls more than the others...

like i said, glad i don't mess with buying 11's
got my 5's for that icy sole jones

You trippin

But its your opinion

lemme know if you cant cop in NC.  I will see if I can get more than 1 pair down here - gonna be ridiculous that morning no matter where
that would be awesome. I am still going to put my work in down here, but if for any reason you come up on the opportunity to snag me a pair i would appreciate it 
pimp.gif
!  I suspect Charlotte being intense. 

Lol I guess we just have to remember that most people these days are into shoes because it's the "in" thing to do or because they simply like how they look.  I always get a good laugh out of it when people ask the same questions when I wear something that didn't drop within the last 3 years.

If you want to mess with people's emotions (including mines) you should break out those Black/Red 12's in your avatar.  :smokin   Love that shoe.
Wore my cool grey 4s a couple weeks ago and was told they were fake by several new "sneaker heads" just laughed it off.

AMEN! I'm so sick of hearing about the box, that's one thing I never understood. When these first came out  back in the day did they have a special box with
a sliding drawer?

To me a BOX is a BOX... it's this whole "new" generation of Jordan collectors that make this one such a  big deal.

In essence it's not about the box. When they initially started doing the box with the Space Jams in '09 I think the shoes were $175 + Tax. Okay, people felt a little compensation (not much) for their money to justify the steep price hike of an XI. however, fast forward to 2012 and we're paying $185 with a regular box. I understand where these people are coming from. Granted, I don't give a **** and would cop if they handed me these in a grocery bag, but still

Rain shoes for the morning in so cal.. I might wear these CDPs on release morning while trying to hunt down a pair of the new 2012 Retro's.. Wish they kept the Niketown open in Costa mesa. I remember going there after school in March 96 to cop my pair. no lines, no hassle.

Last edited:
In essence it's not about the box. When they initially started doing the box with the Space Jams in '09 I think the shoes were $175 + Tax. Okay, people felt a little compensation (not much) for their money to justify the steep price hike of an XI. however, fast forward to 2012 and we're paying $185 with a regular box. I understand where these people are coming from. Granted, I don't give a **** and would cop if they handed me these in a grocery bag, but still
I paid like $110 for my BlackCat IV's in 2006, does that mean I should want something more when I pay $160 (for BRED IV's)?

The cost of making the shoes went up, with that being said I would MUCH rather JB put the money into the shoes/labor instead of a box..

Last edited:
Lol I guess we just have to remember that most people these days are into shoes because it's the "in" thing to do or because they simply like how they look.  I always get a good laugh out of it when people ask the same questions when I wear something that didn't drop within the last 3 years.

If you want to mess with people's emotions (including mines) you should break out those Black/Red 12's in your avatar.  :smokin   Love that shoe.

wait, so now even if someone just likes the way a shoe looks they are beasting? come on boys, thats taking the hype-hating train down the wrong track.

if anything liking a shoe simply because of how its looks(and NOT how others think it looks) SHOULD BE one of the main reasons to buy it...

WHY? When these originally came out in the 90's they didn't have a slide box..

Isn't the goal to keep the setup as true to the original as possible?
Foamposites never came in a brown box... No one complains about that.

Wore my cool grey 4s a couple weeks ago and was told they were fake by several new "sneaker heads" just laughed it off.
I can relate i was in the mall awhile back with my olympic 6s on the rainbow colored ones and where told they were fake by some chick lol

Wouldn't it be nice if those that complained about the BOX didn't cop them?

That way the OG Jordan collectors wouldn't have to deal with the kids and these would be easier to cop.

If you want to mess with people's emotions (including mines) you should break out those Black/Red 12's in your avatar. 
smokin.gif
  Love that shoe.
wait, so now even if someone just likes the way a shoe looks they are beasting? come on boys, thats taking the hype-hating train down the wrong track.

if anything liking a shoe simply because of how its looks(and NOT how others think it looks) SHOULD BE one of the main reasons to buy it...
Clearly you read my post wrong.  Where did I say that there's anything wrong with that?  I actually respect those who buy a shoe purely for that reason as opposed to those who buy just because it has a "limited" tag.  I was just stating different scenarios.  Not everyone who is into shoes is into this hobby the way that we are, more power to them.

ok so slide box, og box, no box, match box, guthrie's gut box - I DONT CARE, these are must cop and idc how far i gotta go to get em, I WILL GET EM!

These pictures got me hyped lol...had to bring out the CDP's one time...

I can't wait to feel the improvements in the 2012 version...

Back
Top Bottom