Official Air Jordan 13 Retro Thread

I thought I was the only one who calls these all stars they real name
Find it just as weird to call the Black-n-White 12s "Playoffs" vs Finals.
Watched him win the chip and have always referred to them as the Finals 12s. Watched him crack these beauties out in the Allstar game and always called them the Allstars. Think the further were removed from the 90s the more the abbreviated or gimmick names come into play mainly used by the kids and younger gen.

Find it just as weird to call the Black-n-White 12s "Playoffs" vs Finals.
Watched him win the chip and have always referred to them as the Finals 12s. Watched him crack these beauties out in the Allstar game and always called them the Allstars. Think the further were removed from the 90s the more the abbreviated or gimmick names come into play mainly used by the kids and younger gen.
I agree I never understand how other shoes players wore in the all star game have the correct name, but the 12’s and 13’s MJ wore get called playoffs

The playoffs were months later and the other crazy thing is the shoes released to public before the playoffs started

I agree I never understand how other shoes players wore in the all star game have the correct name, but the 12’s and 13’s MJ wore get called playoffs

The playoffs were months later and the other crazy thing is the shoes released to public before the playoffs started
The intended purpose of the black and red based shoes in the 90s were for the playoffs. Since the NBA decided to have the players wear their team jerseys in the all star games for a few years, it resulted in MJ deciding to break them out for all star games. Back then, it was a point for the shoes to match with the jerseys. Stern wanted it that way.

I threw this together for the Last Dance. I love the 13s, bought a bunch of different color ways. This pic represents the kicks worn by MJ during the Last Dance season
IMG_4536.JPG

Last edited:
The intended purpose of the black and red based shoes in the 90s were for the playoffs. Since the NBA decided to have the players wear their team jerseys in the all star games for a few years, it resulted in MJ deciding to break them out for all star games. Back then, it was a point for the shoes to match with the jerseys. Stern wanted it that way.
Nah, dude. MJ started wearing the black version in the AS game with the III. That was years before they went to wearing team uniforms in the game.

I know all this, I’m talking about the stupid nickname this behind the shoes

Yeah but those all star jerseys matched with his shoes.
I mean, he wore them with All-Star unis and team unis in the AS game. Nike was making a black version of the annual shoe before the Bulls began switching to black shoes for the Playoffs, beginning in ‘89. All I’m saying is, I don’t believe the black colorway began as having anything to do with the Playoffs. It was just an obvious other colorway to sell.

Yeah, we didn’t call any of these shoes any of these nicknames when they were actually out and being worn by MJ and us originally, that is for damn sure.
thT71SJQ6X.jpg

I remember when these were just the white and blacks. Or the home shoe to Jordan dorks like me. Then they went to the black toe. Which I accepted only because they had a black toe. But now they are He Got Games? And believe me, cats have tried to correct me on this. Looking at me like I knew nothing of what I was talking about.

thT71SJQ6X.jpg

I remember when these were just the white and blacks. Or the home shoe to Jordan dorks like me. Then they went to the black toe. Which I accepted only because they had a black toe. But now they are He Got Games? And believe me, cats have tried to correct me on this. Looking at me like I knew nothing of what I was talking about.
First time ever seeing this specific photo, check out Zen Master in the Rodmans! 😎😎
Agree with so much shared especially that we didnt use gimmick names hell i dont even think we called Flu Games flu games. Dont believe Text messaging was around at that time either and definitely no social media tweets and so forth except for maybe MySpace lol so we had no need for abbreviations.
They were Homes..Aways...White n Blacks Black n Reds Finals etc although i was a kid back then so maybe in certain regions or circles it was different?

First time ever seeing this specific photo, check out Zen Master in the Rodmans! 😎😎
Agree with so much shared especially that we didnt use gimmick names hell i dont even think we called Flu Games flu games. Dont believe Text messaging was around at that time either and definitely no social media tweets and so forth except for maybe MySpace lol so we had no need for abbreviations.
They were Homes..Aways...White n Blacks Black n Reds Finals etc although i was a kid back then so maybe in certain regions or circles it was different?
MySpace was not around in 97.

Yeah, we didn’t call any of these shoes any of these nicknames when they were actually out and being worn by MJ and us originally, that is for damn sure.
This is true. Most all of them didn't have nicknames. I think part of the reason is for people that aren't obsessed with shoes to be able to identify them easier by name because there is just so much more out there then there was back then. The amount of shoes that JB has released since 2000 or so is just mind blowing. I look at this **** every day and run across releases I forgot about all the time. It was so much easier to keep track of just a few colorways lol.

Back
Top Bottom