Official Air Jordan 13 Retro Thread

I still got my 2010s ds. Can't believe they are 12 years old already. I passed up the 2017s because I have 2 pairs of the 2010s ds. Plus varsity red instead of team red but I wish I would of picked up a pair of 17s now. Going to unds the 2010s very soon.

First-ever pair of sneakers to truly catch my eye, yet it kept on passing me by:

- '98: None of the big-name retailers or hole-in-the-wall spots north of 96th Street had my size.
- '05: Just came to grips with my iBook G4. Discovered NikeTalk and other sneaker sites shortly after, ergo a day late and a dollar short on relevant info.
- '10: Released during a ten-year period of indifference. Interest hadn't been renewed--nor awareness, had--until several years after the fact. 0/3.
- '20: Planned on copping four pairs. Ultimately passed on the 'opportunity.' Disappointing, but the hits just kept on coming, that year.

Last year, I'd come across a Canadian eBay seller who had a brand-new pair of '98s--in my size, no less--up for auction. Had an offer in mind, sniped and finally emerged with the very shoes that had eluded me since childhood for ~$150. (It'd only taken 23 years.)

Former Tar Heels coach Roy Williams wearing some XIII Low.
1658284693524.png

First-ever pair of sneakers to truly catch my eye, yet it kept on passing me by:

- '98: None of the big-name retailers or hole-in-the-wall spots north of 96th Street had my size.
- '05: Just came to grips with my iBook G4. Discovered NikeTalk and other sneaker sites shortly after, ergo a day late and a dollar short on relevant info.
- '10: Released during a ten-year period of indifference. Interest hadn't been renewed--nor awareness, had--until several years after the fact. 0/3.
- '20: Planned on copping four pairs. Ultimately passed on the 'opportunity.' Disappointing, but the hits just kept on coming, that year.

Last year, I'd come across a Canadian eBay seller who had a brand-new pair of '98s--in my size, no less--up for auction. Had an offer in mind, sniped and finally emerged with the very shoes that had eluded me since childhood for ~$150. (It'd only taken 23 years.)

Thanks for sharing your story about those Flint XIII.

I actually had the original pair from 1998. I don't know what happened to them because they didn't end up coming with me after I moved to my current residency since December 2007.

I passed on the 2005 version. I'm glad I didn't even contemplate getting the 2010 version because the quality and details on retros declined so bad by that juncture. I didn't have interest in trying to get the 2020 version, especially with all the supply issues with them and store closures due to COVID-19 restrictions.

I sure hope you can wear that original 1998 pair you got because shoes are naturally perishable when unworn. You really took a big risk with getting unworn shoes that are 24 years old because they may be unwearable in theory.

I Mid SE Iron Purple Royal (W) (1 Year)
1658524317467.jpeg

XIII Alternate History of Flight (5 Years)
1658524353989.jpeg

IV Fire Red Mars (Retro) (16 Years)
1658524275386.jpeg

IV Sand (W) (16 Years)
1658524241247.jpeg

XIII Low Brave Blue (24 Years)
1658524185283.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom