Official Air Jordan 2012 Thread: JB Classic pack drops 4/11/12:: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Really debating between the YOTD's and the Cool Grey/Volt cw right now...I like both but I know the YOTD's won't last too long and I don't know how easy it will be for me to find the cool grey at the outlets in a few months in my size(13). My vip cards from footlocker need to hurry up and get here so I can buy at least one of these cw's within the next week lol

Can't lie though really feeling the white /black cw but those will be easier to cop at outlets. Heck might even make a pair of id's
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I tried on the YOTD's yesterday and they looked great on foot.  
pimp.gif
  My wife thought they were cool tool which is a major accomplishment in my book when it comes to kicks!
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by chaserobinson05

Wouldn't wear if they were the last pair of shoes on earth

Why? Do you not play basketball or jut ont have an appreciation for quality product?

Originally Posted by justice4all2028

^^^

i wear a 10 in jordans 1-8, 10.5 in jordans 9-23, 10.5 in jordan 2009/2010/2011...and wear an 11 in the Jordan 2012. so i side with eastbay's recommendation to go up 1/2 size.

Originally Posted by bcomelegendary

Anyone think the deluxes will sell out right away?

no, none of these will sell our right away.  some spots still have YOTD.

ive keep messing around on id but i have yet to be able to come up with something that i would instantly buy if i saw it on the shelf in a store.  there are many options, but i wish there were more obscure colors to choose from.  mango, volt, etc

I'll probably end up getting YOTD because my local outlet still has plenty in stock. Those are the only pair that really grab my eye right away. Not a big fan of the 2012s.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

Has anybody been playing in the deluxe version? If so, have you tried out various combinations of sockliner and insole? What has been your favorite? I have the E version and have been playing a lot in them and have been very satisfied, but I'm curious to hear from people that have mixed and matched.
playing what?  you dont seem like the type that plays basketball.

i don't seem like the type that plays basketball? what are you basing that on? do i know you? lol, i mean, i'm not offended, just confused.

but yeah, playing basketball. i play at my gym and at a local park for a few hours a night 3-4 days a week.

Well I caved in and put the YOTD's on layaway. It was the last sz 13 they had at my HOH and I have some vip cards from footlocker coming in the next few weeks so I'll just wait for them to come in so that I don't have to end up paying retail lol. Was debating between these and the cool greys but I figure they will go on sale sooner or later anyways. Can't wait to get them
pimp.gif

i think the YOTD would have looked 100x better had they gone with a black or white liner instead of yellow. 

So here's the ID I ordered this morning.  I realize it's fairly close to the wolf greys but I wanted the base and flywire to match the sock liner a bit more.  Hope they turn out, we'll find out in 4 weeks!

Originally Posted by cubanref

Well I caved in and put the YOTD's on layaway. It was the last sz 13 they had at my HOH and I have some vip cards from footlocker coming in the next few weeks so I'll just wait for them to come in so that I don't have to end up paying retail lol. Was debating between these and the cool greys but I figure they will go on sale sooner or later anyways. Can't wait to get them
pimp.gif
eek.gif
Throwback Purchase.
They still do layaway?! I always purchased my Jordans like this way when I was a younster.

My man.
pimp.gif

Waiting for a pair of these to hit outlets, marshalls, etc. Newer models always do.....

Not saying I don't like them, but that price tag is still turning me away.

I keep picking up the Grey/Volt ones every time I am at Finishline but I can't bring myself to try them on. I will either love them and buy the right away or I will somewhat like them, buy them and regret it later and end up trading them in on something else. I'm worried I will like them and then be forced to grab other colors...LOL

I have an iD of a Cool Grey tribute that I might need to get.

I went in a bought the YOTD Jordan 2012.  I've already had my favorite retros three times over, and Seeing the quality of the NC colorway in-store today pushed me over the edge.
Although I'd rather but the shoe as one unit instead of separate components, the quality is the best that I've seen in the new era of Jordan Sigs.  The YOTD is a bold colorway that falls into those classic odd colorways  like the Grape V and the Aqua VIII. 
I knew that I would regret it later on if I passed on these.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by cubanref

pimp.gif
eek.gif
Throwback Purchase.
They still do layaway?! I always purchased my Jordans like this way when I was a younster.

My man.
pimp.gif
Yes sir! 20% down with a $5 holding fee lol. I usually do this a few times a year on shoes that might sell out but I'm not sure if I want to pay retail right away lol. 
Anyways my vip cards came in today so I changed my mind on the YOTD's and copped the Grey/Volt cw
pimp.gif
....I was fooling myself thinking the YOTD were better because of the "limited" tag
30t6p3b.gif
Showed these to my girl and she loves them. She is slowly turning into a sneakerhead
embarassed.gif

Why did they have to make this box soooo big
laugh.gif
They didn't have any bags that were big enough so they gave me a garbage bag to put the box in 
roll.gif

401427208.jpg

the grey color is dope imo. But at 225 ? Man sometime you just have to stop the urge . Hopefully they drop down to 150 by summer

Originally Posted by KenJi714

the grey color is dope imo. But at 225 ? Man sometime you just have to stop the urge . Hopefully they drop down to 150 by summer
Now I understand that 223 is a lot, but from a business standpoint it makes sense. Whats the average that people who miss out on a retro or limited release pay? Its about $220-300. Look in the buy/sell forum and you'll see. JB and Nike know that if you miss out you have basically no other option besides re-sellers, unless you get lucky with a random restock or return at a store you're SOL. The way they see it is if people are willing to pay 220+ for a dodo quality retro then most people shouldn't have a problem with paying $223 for a "high-end" quality shoe even with its gimmicks. Even when these shoes go on clearance/outlets re-sellers will buy them up and sell them for at least retail and JB still makes money. They don't lose either way. You have $95 KD's going for $200+, $140 Kobes going $200+, $170 Lebrons going for $220+ etc...The shoe game isn't what it used to be anymore. Most people now a days buy 2 pairs, one to keep and one to sell for profit. Can't hate but its the reason why prices are going up in JB/Nike. JB is trying to cut out the middle man(re-seller) by raising prices. I'm not justifying the increase in price but I do understand why they are doing it somewhat...hope that makes sense
laugh.gif

Plus I only paid about $170 after using my vip cards so I didn't feel too bad 
tongue.gif

I HATED initial pics....But after seeing the grey/volt in person, I started to like them....I can wait till they hit the outlets in Australia around November, outlet prices here will be around $199 !I ended up pulling the trigger on a pair of YOTDs !Love the crazy CW ! Will certainly stand out from the rest of my Jordan's !

During the All-Star Weekend, Jordan Brand had a trailer set up with the Jordan 2012's. They allowed you to customize a pair with an exclusive colorway for a bootie and some lasering. The colors they offered were Cement Grey, Concord, Altitude Green, Infrared, Thunder Yellow, and Military Blue. The price was $200 and the shoe was completed in about an hour.

My brother made his pair with Infrared and got something personal lasered on the side.

Here are some pics, I finally took some.

Back
Top Bottom